Mohawk ME 12" subs user.....

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
my friend just bought it yesterday and when i look at the specs its quite confusing.

it has no power rating on its manual and on the box stated 600w max so i assume it would be around 300w rms. But if you look at the subs it has relatively large spider and double stacks magnet and quite bulky and heavy but for 300w rms?

Another thing is it has huge foam sorround and when i look at the T/S parameter its only capable of 13mm.

i search online and couldt find any info on these subs. Now my question is.....

1. What would be the actual power rating and what would be the ideal DD (daily driver ) would powered it.

2. since it uses a large foam sorrround, i assume its a long throw sub but with 13mm xmax? Is it a one way linear xmax or peak to peak? Or is it capable of more???

3. what would be the ideal box volume for sealed and ported (box volume and port size and lenght) for SQ purpose.

4. Anyone who uses this sub can please give me a review of this particular sub.

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
does anyone know anything????

I thought theres lots of mohawk user and seller here?

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
most of the users dont bother.....if u know what i mean..

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
kyheng
thanks but the info is not there. i think its the mohawk ultimate series subs (i think its a new model).

the reason i ask is

1. i doubt the specs and t/s parameter were not accurate

2. he asked my help to design a sealed box but i opted for him to go ported.

So since i doubted the specs of the subs, it would be impossible to design a right enclosure for it..... if you know what i mean.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
If like that sorry, cannot help anymore, so I like you, ask him to opt for ported, then all problem solved, no headache. Or get a box that have rectangle port.

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
ported box isnt the easier solution lah, have to get correct size & volume of the port & the box to tune for the right frequency

DJThoRmented

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
That's y I went for their Red Series 62 components... no faith in the rest (my taste that is).

Where is that Mr. Mania when you need him... hoi!!

:wink:

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
ME Series? wow...i also didn't know got new model...lol.

hm, from all the mohawk items i've sold, all come with instructions and manual ma...for the subs, they'll specifically state several enclosure sizes for differing applications. as for the ratings, the 12" DVC subs are usually around the range of 200-250W RMS, while the SVC 12" subs are usually around 150-175W RMS. as for the new type, this is the first i've heard of it, so i cant comment.

Cheers

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
yes the manual do come with recommended enclosure and thile small parameter. But its seldom i used the recommended enclosure by them... why? its because its only recommended, as for port enclosure you need the right power rating, tuning freq. and size to match car resonant freq. and boot size and not to mention port size and lenght. recomended doesnt always the best enclosure for a sub.

bullet nos
i'm surprise you havent heard of these sub series. Its not coloured subs its all black. its a double stacks magnet with basket looks like the brahma with large foam surround.

Last edited:

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
correct, but im sure the recommended enclosure volume can be a rule of thumb, as they even provide a few scenarios/applications.

i'll try checking out the new stuff. cheers

Kippo

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
if it is unknown, play safe and use the recommended box.

kimba

Nov 24, 2005
Mohawk ME124 Extreme Series Subwoofer

Hi all. Hope this will help you guys. The model for the item: ME124, Extreme Series Subwoofer. Please download the moh.doc and mohspec.doc to view the subwoofer picture and complete spec. :shades_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Friends

I am looking for brand new toyota 1995 supra engine.
Is there such a market for new engines of old model cars?

Does anyone manufacture these nowadays?

How about reconditioned engines that perform like new?

Sorry if my questions are naive.

I am not expert in this area.

regards
Richard Tan:driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience