ADVISE needed on fuel pump problem

demon2004

Jul 1, 2004
Need some advice and view with regards to the problem i'm facing with my fuel pump.

When the fuel tank is full as indicated by the fuel indicator, car no problem. Run smoothly.

But when the fuel indicator drop to the remaining 3 bar (full 8bar), it started to choke and even when you press accelerator, i just won't go. Can't even rev. And died off. Try to restart, it won't start.

After that happen, once pump petrol to fill it up to full, no problem. What may cause such occurence?

1. Is it due to fuel line getting choked? So when low pressure no fuel getting through since less petrol in the tank?

2. Is it due to faulty fuel pump relay?

3. Or is it the pump faulty?

4. Or the current draws from the pump is high that caused the pump just can't work properly when there is less fuel inside? Since when there is a lot of petrol in tank take less effort for the pump to pump since higher pressure, but when less petrol low pressure, it take a lot more effort for the pump to pump which in turn draw more current to power it up which only available during driving or WOT.

5. Or the sock filter is clogged? (Not fuel filter)

What do you all think?

For your info, i'm running a higher capacity fuel pump.

Last edited:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
ur fuel pump is running fine . this problem is due to when ur fuel level drop , it become insufficiency to support on ur high capacity pump.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
What fuel pump are u using anyway?

I'm using Walbro 255lph and do not have the same problem as u despite having the tank empty.

demon2004

Jul 1, 2004
acbc said:
What fuel pump are u using anyway?

I'm using Walbro 255lph and do not have the same problem as u despite having the tank empty.
Didn't use high end fuel pump. Running on 1.8 altis fuel pump only.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
1.8 Altis is it consider high capacity fuel pump ?? I dun think so.
Btw, what car u r driving for ?? why want to use Altis fuel pump ?? is the fuel pump height is same with the ur old fuel pump ??

I think for ur case is due to fuel pump height too short , cannot reach until bottom of ur fuel tank.
just look back ur original fuel pump to replace, then I think can be solve ur problem already.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Maybe the fuel pump disallocated? Moved to higher place on the tank? As 100% ok, 80 KO.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

wokie dokie....

i'm really2 :P interested in this Mivec 1.5 Mods...as i am new in this big boys toys games :D ....also currently my car is a :( 1.3 GLi wira sedan...looking at moding the car to a 4G91 heart, but then i when i found out about this mivec 1.5 thingy..i'm really2 :P interested to learn more about it...

:) hoping the PRO's, Sifu's & current user of the mivec 1.5 to help me on the specs, pro & con, engine power output, cost and also the items needed to make...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience