Alpine CDA-9851 vs Pioneer DEH P7750MP

davidchen27

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
KK lau is a professional, so no matter how expensive they sell, there will be still lots of potential customers.. no point going to those pro places to get them install if u r just a ordinary budget minded consumers.. persoanlly i would recommend my friends to use pioneer.. my HU has been with me for 5 years and i play CD-Rs everyday.. and yet it still functioning.. no doubt on and off, it does skip when i get into a deep potholes.. all in all, in terms of pricing and quality, pioneer is very good.. none of my friends have been complaning about any problem even since they started using it.. so think about it lo... alpine is for rich ppl la.. u want good alpine HU? prepare to pay more.. the phamton face or the F1 status wan is very cun!! price? 3K for the initial wan and 10K for the latter wan.. haha...

nicholaslkh

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
kacw said:
Hey guys,

I have decided to get the Alpine CDA 9851 although its an older model.

I have tried price quotations from ACP, KK Lau and KF Audio, and the price range is quite different from each of them.

Anyone knows any other place to get it installed and and reviews from owners?

Cheers
Hmm, seems you have chosen a 'model' as your wife. She seems to be beautiful physically but doesn't know how to cook, clean your house, look after children etc. Just like the Alpine 9851, in appearance looks nice but not for very long until one day u may yearn for more u can do with the HU. The Pioneer 7750 on the other hand may not look as good as the Alpine 9851 but have much more functions and capability than the 9851. For me, I always choose HU based on functions and reliablity as they tend to serve us for quite some time or maybe forever like the wife.:shades_smile:

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Hello, you cannot say like this one, people have the right to choose his 'wife'. As most of the people will choose 'model' to become their wife, can cook or do house work is not important. The important part is they can show off. They will only regret after sometime when their friend show their wife. Not that pretty, but can do alot of works and know how to mix with people. So don't buy my wife(P7750)

davidchen27

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
kyheng said:
So, what HU you are using now? Mind to tell? But 1 thing for sure pioneer do last long.
the pioneer HU i am using on my other car is DEH-4350, still functioning and playing well in fact even though i so called abusing it everyday by playing CD-Rs and CR-RWs whenever i drive.. my new one is the Honda build-in le.. hehe..

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
4350... Is it multi color one? I have 1 2350 at my house, the first multi color HU acc shop claim when I buy that time.

davidchen27

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
kyheng said:
4350... Is it multi color one? I have 1 2350 at my house, the first multi color HU acc shop claim when I buy that time.
Hi there.. mine is also so called multi colour but it's not OEL la.. mine considered as the middle range when i first bought it.. it comes with remote control as well, so for me, it s kinda handy.. u still keeping them? quite satisfied isnt it? haha...

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
2350 and your 4350 is 5 years old HU atleast, where got OEL at that time. This is my first love and first time got my throat cut at some reputable shop. Cost me rm1050 later only the actual price is rm700.

Pjam

Known Member
May 31, 2005
sj
"... alpine is for rich people" ??? wouldn't that statement sounds a bit naive??
pioneer also has higher-end products

acidcoller

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2006
Pjam said:
"... alpine is for rich people" ??? wouldn't that statement sounds a bit naive??
yes of course
better use 7750 bcoz have many fuction and its higher end also:baring_teeth:

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Cannot say of course direct, as some people don't like to hear.
In terms of display for tracks, I prefer Pioneer over Alpine. Pioneer price start from rm700 already have multi colour. Alpine, most are pure white only even the HU is cost rm1k++, have multi colour cost rm5k++
Front display like button, Alpine every model is almost the same, very dull, but Pioneer keep on changing from time to time.
SQ wise? This is too subjective to be compare with, depend on people's taste. But if just because want good SQ and buy Alpine without take other function into account, rm700(9842) can only buy an entry level with 1 pre-out where pioneer(7750) already with mp3 and 3 pre-outs.
But 1 thing good is, when people listen brand Alpine, all respect, then after next question asked about functions and display, all will..
When driving at night and girlfriend sit beside, she might get attracted by the Pioneer's OEL display, like 7750, got screensaver, only is blue, this is the down part. If Alpine, maybe she ask "can turn it off, is striking my eyes". If middle of love song at that time, potong steam man.
On overall, if really want SQ only and budget not constraint, can go for Alpine, if budget limited and want cool display, go for Pioneer.

davidchen27

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
kyheng said:
2350 and your 4350 is 5 years old HU atleast, where got OEL at that time. This is my first love and first time got my throat cut at some reputable shop. Cost me rm1050 later only the actual price is rm700.
yeah! it's about 5 years old d.. hehe.. wah.. u bought it at a rather expensive price o.. i bought mine at 750 that time.. there was an OEL HU model that time, deh-7350.. used to consider that but too pricey for that time.. hmm.. i reckon around 1500+ if im not mistaken.. hahah...

kacw

Known Member
May 6, 2006
Thanks for the reply guys,

Actually I liked the Pioneer 7750 more cause of the design and colour, I thought of Alpine cause of the SQ only. Pionner definately better for my pocket too. lol

nicholaslkh

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
Pjam said:
Yes, definitely agree with u. Did he actually do his research on Pioneer ODR series?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Globalization is supposed to bring the world closer together by integrating all the different aspects of our lives to function as one big and well-lubricated machine. So logic dictates that a globally designed car would fly off the showroom floors faster than an underground fiber optics cable could send an e-brochure of it your way.

This brings us then to the Chevrolet Cruze, a truly global car and the model...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience