s15

JS2

Known Member
Mar 3, 2006
hi everyone, can anyone please tell me do s15 leak, because the door mirrors don't have frame...thank you.

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
no it wouldnt , it is designed to be like that even for the s14

JS2

Known Member
Mar 3, 2006
alright thanks dude...how bout the parts? is it hard to get?

JS2

Known Member
Mar 3, 2006
how about maintenance? because i never own a turbo car before...what should i need to be take care of?
i saw a few units they are using JIC shock, how was it? would it be too hard?because if the shocks too hard scare it will spoil some other parts of the car...thank you for info...

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
JS2, getting info on S15??? Wanna get one for drifting leh...hehehe
By the way, cars that have frameless door window won't encounter any water leakage.
My Coupe also has frameless door window and I did not encounter such problem.
The only problem is that the rubber surrounding the door that the window come in contact with must be change when it show sign of worning out. If not, you will encounter some wind coming in to your car cockpit when you're travelling at high speed.

Last edited:

JS2

Known Member
Mar 3, 2006
oh i see...thank you daniel...because my previous car have some leakage problems...hehehe

JS2

Known Member
Mar 3, 2006
another thing, what should i becareful of a turbo engine? because i never had a turbo car before...i heard that turbo car eat engine oil very fast is it?

amsrsm

Known Member
May 9, 2006
js2>'eating' engine oil is quite dependent on the engine, irregardless whether it has a turbo or not. from what i've heard s2000 and rx8's 'eat' a lot of oil, and they're not turbos and evos dont 'eat' oils. of course, these might be one off cases so you should check the oil once every few weeks.

the s15r MIGHT 'eat' some oil, cos the one s15r i've experienced seems to be running low when its due an oil change. not to dangerous levels though, about 3 quarters of the way between the suggested empty and full range.

go ahead with the s15r, for the money these cars are going for now, not a lot of cars comes close with the performance and looks. keep us posted on the buying process and experiences you have yea?

TODA

Known Member
May 20, 2005
downtheroad
engine oils each differ from others as they have different additives. It depends what engine oil u're using n the condition of the engine (piston rings/cylinder walls, etc).

'Eat' engine oil is the layman term translates into either 1)oil evaporated or 2)oil sips into the combustion chamber that burns into white smoke with a bad burnt smell.

1)This has to do with the engine oil u currently use. Either incorrect vicosity range or high oil evaporation activity - physically unstable at high heat.

2)Mechanical fault - time to chk ur engine via a trust-worthy mechanic

JS2

Known Member
Mar 3, 2006
so can i service or maintain the s15 just like a normal car? for example change oil and service every 5000km?

CarismaGT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Penang
Visit site
JS2 said:
so can i service or maintain the s15 just like a normal car? for example change oil and service every 5000km?
why not? changing engine earlier or later is depending on ur pocket hehe... when i was using motul 15/50 300V i did my oil change every 3000KM but now after switching to HKS Super Turbo Racing 15/50... i am pushing almost 6000KM b4 oil change... :)

JS2

Known Member
Mar 3, 2006
CarismaGT said:
why not? changing engine earlier or later is depending on ur pocket hehe... when i was using motul 15/50 300V i did my oil change every 3000KM but now after switching to HKS Super Turbo Racing 15/50... i am pushing almost 6000KM b4 oil change... :)
wow...how much is that oil 1st? hahaha...how about if i rev hard?will it eat more engine oil?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My car just got broken in by bloody thief yesterday night. I am still wondering how they actually got into my condo area. We have like guards 24 hrs and my car is parked near to the guard.

If anyone staying in Casa puteri condominium please becareful. If possible pls detached your CD player at night so the chances are lower of getting breaks in.
But surprisingly, 3 cars was affected and all of them are Wiras.

I don't know la...the way they take my stuffs...if wanna take, take la...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience