Alpine Type-S is better then DLS A6???

which one have better SQ?
Alpine type S is a speaker - component and sub
DLS A6 is an amp

how do you compare SQ on both???

takumi_86

Known Member
Apr 25, 2006
how about oxygen audio, i heard this brand if u go straight to the retailer, it just around 180 but u have to install it yourself,but i can assure u that the sound is nice for sq. The retailer is proice.

hi1983

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
hi, i have 1set mbquart dsd 216,used 2moonth want or not? sorry i am only asking not selling(this is forum not marketplace), but if want then i let off becos wanna change car aready..

hi1983

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
hi, i have 1set mbquart dsd 216,used 2moonth want or not? sorry i am only asking not selling(this is forum not marketplace), but if want then i let off becos wanna change car aready.. if want just just cheap cheap sell away still with warenty by auto craft about 10moonths

gwsallen

Known Member
Jan 27, 2004
Save more money, go for RS Audio... i bet you will never regret. Fit any angle and you will still get the same sound quality... tested and proven but am still saving money to get it one day.. and also the packing comes in a beautiful wooden box and sponge inside :D

fletcheru

Known Member
Dec 10, 2004
Miri
Visit site
well, given RS Audio's reputation and $. yea, it's a good high end piece of equipment.

having said that, gwsallen, are you more interested in the packaging or the components? hahaha...

eve if it comes with 24k Gold box, only the components are installed in your car... not the box or sponge that it comes with... JK...

V-Pilot

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
gwsallen said:
Save more money, go for RS Audio... i bet you will never regret. Fit any angle and you will still get the same sound quality... tested and proven but am still saving money to get it one day.. and also the packing comes in a beautiful wooden box and sponge inside :D
gwsallen,

Is RS Audio component really that good? The sound quality you mentioned, are you refering to passive or active setup driving the component?

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
RS Pro SE or SPLComp set.. Yup.. very nice & good comp... I can said better than Focal K2P pwr & Utopia 165W... coz I'm using the above comp before (Rs Pro & Utopia 165W).. Righ know RS Pro 165 SE I can get around RM3.6-3.8K... if U want invest on this comp set.. U need to spend another >RM3K for good amp (powerfull & clean) to drive the comp.. like Xetec P4-Evo, Genesis DM, PHD2200, Tru-Tech T03, Helix A1/A2, Audio System F4-560 & etc...

KF Audio use RS Pro in 2001 IASCA Final competition (Category-Pro Open) held at KL International Autoshow, PWTC & got 1st Runner-up (equal High SQ score with the Champ).. compete with Pro from Singapore, Thailand ... according to News paper (The Star) last time... Not to sure about the competitor from where... but the Thropy.. I saw it before...

Right know all high end Amp, Comp Set & sub c/w wooden box... that is tradition lorr..

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
oi 2003 laaaa where got so long ago. i was using rs pro with xetec gravity 5channel run active from alpine 7998 and a single rs pro 10" in the honda jazz. ppl go see my car so boring one (1 amp 1 sub nothing else) hehe...compared to the other terror-2 car systems & fancy installs..

we got highest sq score in 600W-above amateur category, lost the overall title to a singaporean by just 1/2 point. he won best installation also (vw beetle with brax comps, pioneer p9, mcintosh amp, jl w7 sub). i also lost the best sq trophy to the below 600W car even tho we had the same highest total score, he had higher tonal accuracy score, i had better staging & imaging.

link is here.... http://zenn.tripod.com/jazz.html

Last edited:

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Zenn said:
oi 2003 laaaa where got so long ago. i was using rs pro with xetec gravity 5channel run active from alpine 7998 and a single rs pro 10" in the honda jazz. ppl go see my car so boring one (1 amp 1 sub nothing else) hehe...compared to the other terror-2 car systems & fancy installs..

we got highest sq score in 600W-above amateur category, lost the overall title to a singaporean by just 1/2 point. he won best installation also (vw beetle with brax comps, pioneer p9, mcintosh amp, jl w7 sub). i also lost the best sq trophy to the below 600W car even tho we had the same highest total score, he had higher tonal accuracy score, i had better staging & imaging.

link is here.... http://zenn.tripod.com/jazz.html
ya kaa? just read the news paper & did not ask unker liew to much about it.. the thropy with 1/2 meter high 1 where u got it...

gwsallen

Known Member
Jan 27, 2004
V-Pilot said:
gwsallen,

Is RS Audio component really that good? The sound quality you mentioned, are you refering to passive or active setup driving the component?
Im into SQ instead of BOOM BOOM or TSK TSK. So far RS Audio is the best SQ i ever came across. You may find others as good as RS Audio BUT, others may need a lot of tuning in positioning the speakers. Where as RS Audio is just plug and play. Very simple and quick installation will do. No headache to custom made fibre holder or turn your tweeter here and there.

Look into soundwave's rules produce by two speakers, left & right. When the waves meet and cut-off, you'll get approx. -3db at that point. Eg. home strereo speakers, position about 4 - 6 ft. apart. As you walk across in front of the speakers, you will notice at certain points the volume / sound level is lower.

This does not happen to RS Audio, so as i said, just korek your door panel to fit in these speakers and walla... the sound quality is there.

Im talking about active setup system, as when i tested it, it was driven by Chiplak 200RMS amp but with top end Alpine HU. Btw, 2 years back it cost about RM2.2k for 6" component set. Today, i dunno.

Last edited:

gwsallen

Known Member
Jan 27, 2004
oldskolboyz said:
RS Pro SE or SPLComp set.. Yup.. very nice & good comp... I can said better than Focal K2P pwr & Utopia 165W... coz I'm using the above comp before (Rs Pro & Utopia 165W).. Righ know RS Pro 165 SE I can get around RM3.6-3.8K... if U want invest on this comp set.. U need to spend another >RM3K for good amp (powerfull & clean) to drive the comp.. like Xetec P4-Evo, Genesis DM, PHD2200, Tru-Tech T03, Helix A1/A2, Audio System F4-560 & etc...

KF Audio use RS Pro in 2001 IASCA Final competition (Category-Pro Open) held at KL International Autoshow, PWTC & got 1st Runner-up (equal High SQ score with the Champ).. compete with Pro from Singapore, Thailand ... according to News paper (The Star) last time... Not to sure about the competitor from where... but the Thropy.. I saw it before...

Right know all high end Amp, Comp Set & sub c/w wooden box... that is tradition lorr..
Ya... limited edition Home Power Amp also comes in wooden casing... i wonder why? Wood better heat sink than metal or aluminium?

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
oldskolboyz said:
... the thropy with 1/2 meter high 1 where u got it...
from the competition la, where else? i put it in jalan ipoh, with the others from 2004 (JB) and 2005 (Sepang)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As stated.. how to take care of it?

meaning.. what stuff to use or applied... coz it is easily get light scratches and dull in time..

will AutoSol do the job? any other products?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience