EJ to EK dashboard installation. Help

ivora

Known Member
Jan 14, 2004
Petaling Jaya
I've complete set EK dashboard. Just bought it last month and dunno the color is grey, dark grey or black (almost same). i 've few question here.

1. How to remove the existing radio cassette.(can't see any screw la)
2. It's plug n play installation or need wiring modification.
3. Better I remove the airbag or keep it bcoz no sensor.
4. Any air-cond modification or not bcoz new controller on dash panel.

Currently i'm using EJ8 manual dashboard with red (led) meter. Any modification if i'm using EK blue (led) auto transmission.

No headache if i send it everything to professional workshop for installation. But how about the cost?...costly or not?? If costly beeter i do it by myself. Need advice from Sifu here. Any recommanded workshop here??

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
I ain't sure if you are getting the digital climate control dashboard from year 99 and up, but it sounds like it since you said the controller is different.

It could be the digital climate control from year 97~98 as well since you didn't mention clearly.

Whatevever dashboard you get, just make sure you got the wiring harness from the climate control to the cooling coil and blower, and get yourself the blower, cooling coil and center core as well. Everything should be plug and play except to tape over the rear defroster wire if you are doing 99 climate control.

I did mine yesterday myself, but my defroster was a bit slow to heat up so I thought it was wrong and took me quite some time to find out actually what i did is correct in the first place. It took me 6 hours to get everything done from removing the old dashboard and put everything back in place.

Get an air con guy to help you if you are not confident. PM httech coz he knows a guy in banting who know how to do it. Usually air con shop who never did that before will tell you lots of craps that they need days to find out the correct wiring harness blah blah... and might charge you an arm or a leg to do the swap.

This link from hondatech will help you a lot.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=605432

ivora

Known Member
Jan 14, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Whatevever dashboard you get, just make sure you got the wiring harness from the climate control to the cooling coil and blower, and get yourself the blower, cooling coil and center core as well. Everything should be plug and play except to tape over the rear defroster wire if you are doing 99 climate control.

I think i have everything you mentioned above. What do you mean "to tape over the rear defroster wire" dunno digital climate control from which year. Anyway i have a photos here.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cocolocco2002/album?.dir=/89c3&.src=ph&.tok=ph5vknEBDOCDyZLC

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
This is the pre facelif SiR dashboad I assume since it's black. Yes this one is all digital as well with auto sensor equiped.

However, I don't see the blower, cooling coil, and the center core as well and most importantly you don't have the wiring harness for the above mentioned. I think you only got the shell of the dash. The blower, cooling coil and center core are all attached on the firewall so you might wanna go back and find it before it's gone if you don't have it.

Good luck.

Here's mine by the way:

Last edited:

camp

Known Member
Mar 22, 2006
Nice Item you got there ivora, how much is it?

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
On a second look at the picture you provided I think this dashboard is not EK4 or EK2 since the meter cluster is white wording, probably EK3, EK5 or EK8 which is gray in color like EJ.

ivora

Known Member
Jan 14, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Hikaru.. i think mine is diffrent la... got the digital aircond display at the bottom. Why your panel have space for 2 din cd??? damn nice....... i'll check the blower, cooling coil and center core.

Camp.
Price RM550. For whole dash, panel,Meter and gear console.

kagen05

Feb 28, 2006
dashbord

my car is 99/2000 local spec model can or not if i want change Climate control only

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
ivora said:
Hikaru.. i think mine is diffrent la... got the digital aircond display at the bottom. Why your panel have space for 2 din cd??? damn nice....... i'll check the blower, cooling coil and center core.

Camp.
Price RM550. For whole dash, panel,Meter and gear console.
Trust me, it's the same as mine coz yours climate controller are all digital dial as well. Hence, you need to have the blower, cooling coil and the center core to make everything works just like mine.

Mine is also digital but only different climate control display which I can install 2 dins head unit.

Blower
Control the fan speed so that you can control amount of air flow. The digital one has chip and plug are all differents.

Cooling coil
It's the same but the socket plug is different so you have to replace.

Center Core
It controls the direction of air flow whether it comes from front, bottom, side or windshield.

Wiring Harness
This is definitely important to make the digital climate control works since everything is wired and not using mechanical rod to pull now.

All the above mentioned has to be replaced because extra motors are on these parts to make everything works.

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
kagen05 said:
my car is 99/2000 local spec model can or not if i want change Climate control only
If you wanna change the climate control only you still have to find the parts as mentioned above plus the dash vent trail since it's different in location.

ivora

Known Member
Jan 14, 2004
Petaling Jaya
i checked my dash yesterday n i found that i dont have all the part which attached to the front chasis for aircond controller. so i have to hold the modification until everything is complete. Very hard to find all these items coz halfcut shop not sell the items separately.

Guys if u have a loss items as mentioned above just PM me k. Thank Hikaru

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
No need to mod if you have everything you needed, just plug and play, but gotta spent quite lots of effort to remove the old dash and plug in the new dash.

I spent 7 hours coz I found the complete dash and just swap the complete dash, blower, center core and cooling coil.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys!

I noticed that my car (iswara. yes bear with me.) is taller on one side. I'm referring to the front suspension where in this case, the passenger left side is taller than driver's right side. I checked the absorbers for leaks and i found none. what could be the reason? Also, I'm curious to know where should i place the floor jack (i have a 2 tonne floor jack) when jacking up the car? I want to place the car on jack stands. I lost the car owner's manual and googling for the answers...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience