ko meng aah!!to sifoos out there. converting soon..pointers plzzzz

soulfly

500 RPM
Jan 25, 2004
Miri
fakhrain.blogdrive.com
Still remember last time when I bought my halfcut (Integra DA8) .... when we checked and started the halfcut, even the aircond was still working... haha.

I think doesn't matter any EG, from D-series convert to B-series for sure need mounting modification.

Opt-ion

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2006
Yup any sifu in klang valley knows where is a gud place 4 halfcuts???

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i oso not sure what the white fungus mean...maybe its cos the ppl at the halfcut place havent washed the engine bay...still as is when it came from japan.sort of a way to confirm the halfcut from japan n not from somewhere else i guess...how to make sure we not spending a whole 4-5k on junk wor...no step by step guide on what to check n what to watch out for?

JeRanKonG

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
fungus..me olso dont quite know one ..ask my mechanic fren to see....start onli once a aircond still worked fine.. n no teruk leaks.. eg6 halcut lsd.. salim je..got it for 5800... cause ask everywhere also quite the same... but encounter some problem(dugaan).. already kautim...so got to do the piping next..after do the jpj n puspakom stuffs.. sori le didnt reply earlier... quite bz.. btw is it better to put vtec controller or otherwise??? some say to preserve engine dont put??? true or not???

JeRanKonG

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
arturo said:
so jerankong, converted liau?i oso planning to do conversion but oso like u totally new to this...take some pics of them doing the conversion mah so can make manual here ;)
sori le bro.. no digital camera ..i also workin le..dont have time that week n onli got to see 3 times..quite sad sumtime cause the old engine wuz still reliable...but what to do..hehehe.. nak ikut sifuzz .. later konvoi left behind berkilo-kilo..:cry_smile:...noobie what...hheheh.. when u all planing tt.. can join if not working... the last one ..i outstation le..:_:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
well....for me i have to convert mah...engine carb aredy half dead.drinking petrol like crazy.where u did the conversion la bro?

JeRanKonG

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
arturo said:
well....for me i have to convert mah...engine carb aredy half dead.drinking petrol like crazy.where u did the conversion la bro?
dun in puchong.. very fast but keje ada cincai skit le.. all went in well.. but they didnt put one fucking split pin..the lower arm or sumthin went loose..so my car hentam divider.. luckily not fast.. manage to control.. side body scratch...they said first time happen but dunno le.. minor damage .. all they tanggung le...but my rim slightly skimmed from the inside!!!:cry_smile:.. can repair one.. hope no crack le...:confused_smile:

wanted to save the hassle of but got more problemss..:angry_smile:... what to do??.. dugaannnn...........

JeRanKonG

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
huhuh..

arturo said:
dun in puchong.. very fast but keje ada cincai skit le.. all went in well.. but they didnt put one fucking split pin..the lower arm or sumthin went loose..so my car hentam divider.. luckily not fast.. manage to control.. side body scratch...they said first time happen but dunno le.. minor damage .. all they tanggung le...but my rim slightly skimmed from the inside!!!:cry_smile:.. can repair one.. hope no crack le...:confused_smile:

wanted to save the hassle of but got more problemss..:angry_smile:... what to do??.. dugaannnn...........

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
wah scary la...this kind of problems i scared of loh....cos for me the car i wanna convert is my daily driver wor.

lucky nothing happened to u that time.i wanna do in mlk cos near my hometown so easier to go back for debugging(cos memang expect some sort of problems after convert)

how much u did ur conversion?including everything?ur old engine u sold off ar?

JeRanKonG

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
everthing about...7600(sum say expensive but sum say quite ok)..all siap(petrol money aside leh) hehheh..plus new things excluding clutch plate..hehhe..clutch still gud..n no money left..huhu... i recommend find wokshop u can trust.. for me also i kinda expect for sumthing to go wrong but not like that one le.. very scary le..

my old engine n other stuff still got.. sum fellow zth kinda interested cause all item can nego till letgo hehe... i pon dont know the price of sum of the stuffs.. sum damn cheapo at chop shopo sum damn expensive... now convert this forum to what to expect after conversion..n advice from sifuz..heheh

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
wah 7600 inc reg n parts quite ok leh for LSD...manual or auto?i was quoted bout 7k for auto normal eg9 halfcut leh...hows the feel after convert?got regrets?

JeRanKonG

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
no leh.. whats done is done.. have to live wiff it.. gain precious experience n knowledge mahh.. mine is manual lehh.. can feel the diff wiff lsd .. car just goes straight when launch.. but not to perfect lor.. noobie katakan.. got the eg6 one..sum say get eg9 better sum say same also.. i ask my mech he say auto n manual the cam /throtlebody diff but not sure..when i looked around the eg9 wiff lsd either too expensive or dont have at chop shop... try asking around first u wont regret if u can find the best offer n good conditoin halcut...

JeRanKonG

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
if u got kaki also better... can get better deal.. me no kaki one le.. kampung in johor but working here.. usually the upah pasang is about 1200-1500.. my fren got for 1200 all in parts etc... lucky sochai.. dun remember where he got..when u planning convert????

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
the upah pasang including replacement parts ar?(timing belt,oil change,sparks)1200 inc parts is very good wor...but quality important oso leh.wanna convert as soon as possible but wanna find a good condition cut first mah

JeRanKonG

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
thats great.. hope u can find a good one... be sure send to a mechanic that u kow n can give gud price.. don wanna be like me.. halfcut ok but they forget to ikat 1 thing my car scrach the divider... lukily they covered for it.. heheh.. where have u looked??.