318i E36 or Perdana V6?

Which one better..BMW 318i E36 or Perdana V6?.

• BMW 318i E36

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Perdana V6

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kahar_Blitz

Mar 15, 2006
i would like to buy a car but confusing which one should be better,either BMW 318i E36 or Perdana V6.:confused_smile: i've been told that i need to spend more money if i got BMW especially for maintenance and fuel consumption.Any suggestion?

crymson

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
KL
Visit site
bro, V6 fuel consumption is not actually lesser than a 318. I would go for the E36 than buying a Perdana V6. The only Perdana worth buying is the 95/96 Perdana (non V6), just my opinion.

The 318 is actually underpowered because the car is heavy. But the fuel consumption is not that bad. I'm riding a 328 and most of my drives are city driving and I drive it everyday (about 3000kms per month). Sure parts need to change, it's an old car but once you change it, it will last. Test drive the E36 before you decide. The refinement is totally different for both cars. You'll feel it from the start.

Before you buy the BMW, get it checked by a BMW mechanic and have the mechanic list out what parts are needed to be replaced. And to find out more, logon to www.bmwclubmalaysia.com. Best that you do research and talk to other E36 owners and ask for their experience.

Good luck

Last edited:

time2drift

Known Member
Oct 18, 2004
Visit site
i agree with mr crymson..i will also go for e36. it's a very nice car to own. the v6 perdana is not the best car to buy, u better buy the non-v6 perdana. coz the v6 engine is very 'manja' n need to be pampered more. one more thing, he v-engine is using two timing belt that will cost u a bomb if u have to change. plus the water pump, it will costs u more than a thousands ringgit at a time. n that is another reasons why my dad chose toyota camry(96 model) over perdana v-6. plus, altho the e36 is onli 1.8 litre, it will always be the hiway cruiser. there's no any japan cars will have the best cruising ride like the continentals...conti rocks!!!

Kahar_Blitz

Mar 15, 2006
Before you buy the BMW, get it checked by a BMW mechanic and have the mechanic list out what parts are needed to be replaced. And to find out more, logon to www.bmwclubmalaysia.com. Best that you do research and talk to other E36 owners and ask for their experience.

Good luck[/QUOTE]

But how to ask the mechanic bcoz i dont have any friend whose working as mech.

Kahar_Blitz

Mar 15, 2006
Which 1 is better..timing belt or timing chain model?
i mean better from both economic and perfomance concept..

over

Known Member
Nov 4, 2004
Ampang
crymson said:
bro, V6 fuel consumption is not actually lesser than a 318. I would go for the E36 than buying a Perdana V6. The only Perdana worth buying is the 95/96 Perdana (non V6), just my opinion.

The 318 is actually underpowered because the car is heavy. But the fuel consumption is not that bad. I'm riding a 328 and most of my drives are city driving and I drive it everyday (about 3000kms per month). Sure parts need to change, it's an old car but once you change it, it will last. Test drive the E36 before you decide. The refinement is totally different for both cars. You'll feel it from the start.

I agree. I used to drive a perdana v6, now driving 3series E46, and as they say "ULTIMATE DRIVING CAR" handling and the feel are extremely drifferent. Yes BMW parts are a bit pricey than a perdana v6 but one thing about this germans, is that their parts are built for lasting unlike the japs, if they say 2 years warranty i assure u IT WILL LAST ONLY 2 YEARS. If u take good care of ur beemer, than no problems not much hassle than jap car. But this is only my opinion.

Kahar_Blitz

Mar 15, 2006
over said:
I agree. I used to drive a perdana v6, now driving 3series E46, and as they say "ULTIMATE DRIVING CAR" handling and the feel are extremely drifferent. Yes BMW parts are a bit pricey than a perdana v6 but one thing about this germans, is that their parts are built for lasting unlike the japs, if they say 2 years warranty i assure u IT WILL LAST ONLY 2 YEARS. If u take good care of ur beemer, than no problems not much hassle than jap car. But this is only my opinion.
thanks OVER..

but u are talked about E46..i just looking for E36 97/98 model.maybe its been different...

over

Known Member
Nov 4, 2004
Ampang
Kahar_Blitz said:
thanks OVER..

but u are talked about E46..i just looking for E36 97/98 model.maybe its been different...
true.... e46 and e36 are diffrent... but both are BMW. "ULTIMATE DRIVING CARS"

RS4wd

Known Member
Dec 16, 2003
v6??beware of the gearbox.....even R3 fellas also swapped to manual...eheh

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
Go for the E36, i didn't even hesitated to vote. I myself drive an Audi A4, almost from that era of E36, yupe, people who never drove one always go :" high maintenance, parts rare all" to testify, its all bullshit. I changed my kancil's tie rods, RM270; my A4? RM330. Expensive? I wouldn't say so ... that day i changed my gasket ... hehe RM96. kekek

I'm not sure E36 were using fully galvanised body shell, Audis are, hence would not rust no matter how, but i guess both from Germany .. maybe same. kekek ~

Get the E36, then you'll feel the tendency to mod it slowly, take care of it and maintain it. Notice one thing? those uncles that keep their cars even if 20-30 yr old car... maintain them nicely, attached to their car kinda people... were all in continentals... thats the special thing about continental cars, they are designed, made in passion and ego ... not like jap cars which most were made to make money ....

i agree with going to bmw forums to ask around, zth is too generalized, cant get much input here. go ahead, search for e36s from forum members... .they know how to take care of their cars.. oh by the way... ever considered an Audi A4 1.8 Turbo? hehehhe costs around RM60k+ to RM100k .... or the 1.8 NA.... which is a good performer as well.... IMO a tad more spacious than E36 for front seats, and a bit more cramped than E36 for rear passengers. .. huge boot thou .... oh, Audis are famous for top notch interior build quality. The materials used are top top top notch ! :) happy car hunting !

Last edited:

ariel

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2005
...go for E36!...mine is E30 1991 model and still enjoy using it everyday!...just pour fuel and pedal it up!...:regular_smile: