Track Car Ownership??

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
Hey guys,

newbie here...

Just wanna ask, what kind of documents are there for a track car? is there like a geran or anything like that? i guess, logically there must be some kind of ownership documents for the car, otherwise anyone can claim its theirs. What do u have to look for when you want to buy a track car? (to get a legit one that is). I mean, at the end of the day, u don't wanna end up with a 'hot' car thats been stolen or involved in another crime... those kinda things laa...

Anyone who owns one wanna share??

cheers

Kenboy

Known Member
Apr 23, 2004
legit way is to own the car outright. a registered car with registration document is best - no argument.

if the car is imported for motorsport use, they have a document called a 'carne' in which customs will clear the car with no tax. but the car must be re-exported back to the home country by the end of the carne period.

some ppl have bought cars direct from the manufacturer as a bare car. these will come with a receipt from the manufacturer and cannot be registered for road use. only allowed to be driven on a sealed road.

if you looking to buy a road registered proton satria 1600 track/rally car, i have one for sale. you can PM me.

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
Kenboy said:
legit way is to own the car outright. a registered car with registration document is best - no argument.

if the car is imported for motorsport use, they have a document called a 'carne' in which customs will clear the car with no tax. but the car must be re-exported back to the home country by the end of the carne period.
Good info bro!! Thanx for sharing...

Kenboy said:
some ppl have bought cars direct from the manufacturer as a bare car. these will come with a receipt from the manufacturer and cannot be registered for road use. only allowed to be driven on a sealed road.
So there is a registration card of some sort?? Whats its called?? and is there a transfer title/ownership process (tukar nama)?? Where and how?? (sori laa bro, for asking so much...:_: )

Kenboy said:
if you looking to buy a road registered proton satria 1600 track/rally car, i have one for sale. you can PM me.
I was thinking about it... but, not at this juncture. maybe in the future laa.

Kenboy

Known Member
Apr 23, 2004
in the third case, there is no way to do a 'transfer' per se. its just that when u buy it from the current owner, he will pass u the ownership documents.

as far as i know, its like buying a used TV, he may pass you the warranty card with its serial numbers and a receipt of the purchase from whomever he bought it from and maybe the import custom papers. thats it.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
for potong sambung car, we just need the AP for the engine, and also receipt of purchase from chop shop.
if u buy special bare cars from proton, they will give u official receipts n papers, some u can use to register it on the road.

about imported track cars like zaifa's mirage mivec n others, i'm not so sure.

my mechanic use potong sambung car only, competed in a few merdeka race, no prob hehe

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
anybody know the 'documents' behing the zaifa mivecs??

i guess in conclusion, theres not much that regulates these things, so just have to pandai-pandai lor... :_:

Kenboy

Known Member
Apr 23, 2004
thats macam case 3 la...

receipt from zaifa, and import documents.

not AP mind you.

and u cant road register it

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
yeah true minivan, it's not so regulated. thats why some managed to race using stolen cars..

kelvio

1,000 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
selangor
www.geocities.com
can we register a track car to use on the road( re modify it back to its original condition)
if can what is the process

shychenko

Known Member
Jul 1, 2005
shah alam
how to bring back a track car form sarawak to semenanjung...geran got,kastam n engine documents got...but not endorsed yet.i think this car cant endorsed.so wist to bring back as a track car..can or not?

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Sorry for hijacking this thread.

I have a legal car (with Geran, road tax, legal engine transplant, etc).

THe car has been stripped bare with full cage and seam welded.

Use it ocasionally for Drift events.

The problem I face is driving the car to/fro home and Drift events.

Sometimes I bump into radio-cars, JPJs and traffic outriders.

I'd have alot of explaining to do and in certain instances, alittle under handed methods to settle the matter.

Can I get my this car registered or approved some way? Is there any provision in the RTD for such track/drift cars?

Thanks in advance.

PS : I posted a similar thread in Drift section before but to no avail.

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
Sorry for hijacking this thread.

I have a legal car (with Geran, road tax, legal engine transplant, etc).

THe car has been stripped bare with full cage and seam welded.

Use it ocasionally for Drift events.

The problem I face is driving the car to/fro home and Drift events.

Sometimes I bump into radio-cars, JPJs and traffic outriders.

I'd have alot of explaining to do and in certain instances, alittle under handed methods to settle the matter.

Can I get my this car registered or approved some way? Is there any provision in the RTD for such track/drift cars?

Thanks in advance.

PS : I posted a similar thread in Drift section before but to no avail.
You must be back luck or something!

My old Satria Gti which also strip and caged for MME and sunday track day, i used to drive it daily for a year before it became not so daily for another 1 n half year till i sold.

In two n a half year, i only got stop once by a stupid police superbiker in Pj old town while waiting in the traffice lights.

He say i racing on road. And i told him, which eye of yours saw me racing?? Then told him, i'm civilised and i race only in SIC. He see front (for road tax), side (all sponsors and competition number stickers), rear then walk back to me.. Then said "Bang, betul ka racing kat Sepang? Tapi lagi pun, in jalan raya, exhaust kau besar and bising untuk jalan raya. Lagi kau punya engine cam tinggi, tu exhaust bom bom bom walaupun tak jalan kereta. Ini saya mesti saman." :shcokedcamo:

Then i went"sorry bang, satu kereta shaja.. tadak budget." Settled on the spot then. One and only one time. :baring_teeth:

Touch wood.. hope will never happen on me again.

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
u mean all u guys drive your track cars on the road ar?

but wat if u buy a track car...then it won't have rotax etc?...so then wat, they tow you car?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Generally speaking, American muscle and Italian flare are the last things to get in bed especially so when it involves their respective rolling art. Nonetheless, the union between Fiat and Chrysler will undoubtedly lead to some interesting combos and even rebadging, one of which has already popped up.

Chrysler are very...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience