Daihatsu engine transplant

codo3500

Feb 1, 2006
Hey guys, im new to the forum, but it seems like theres alot of knowledge here so yous might be able to help me out. I just recently picked up a Daihatsu Handivan, but this is only its Australian name, in England its known as a Domino, and apparently everywhere else its known as a Cuore. Its 2-door, 2 seater, with a big empty area going all the way back to the hatch. Its a 1984 model.

Basically, im making my own bodykit for it, welding up all the rust, spraying it myself, and dropping in a new engine. It weighs next to nothing, with 4 of us being able to lift the entire car. Its apparently 660cc, and 40bhp, so i figure if i can get 100hp it will be very quick.

What i need to know is, what engines will fit in without a massive amount of work? will a charade engine fit, whether it be the 1.0L or the 1.3L. Would a charade turbo 1.0L fit? i also intend on whacking on a SC-12 Toyota Supercharger, or a SC-14 off a 4AGZE. I know going Turbo + S/C is complicated, but thats the plan, but all i need for now is to get a new engine and gearbox in there and i'll worry about that later. So basically, what engines will fit? I'd prefer not to modify engine mounts, but am willing to, but the main thing is that i'd preferably not move the firewall back.

Thanks guys, hope to hear a response soon.

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
actually here all peeps are on to mitsub and toyota's ..... very seldom peeps here all talk bout hondas n ditsu

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Daihatsu ?

coure ?? Malaysian Perodua Kelisa ??? U can try whacking in a YRV 1.3 VVTI Turbo engine. Very powderfull.

Problem will be sourcing it, as this engine can fit kelisa, move, and even myvi.

Thus very very quick in movin along the halfcut shop.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
well.. i guess u gotta do some research on the mounting layout and the size engine bay...

i can't really visualise how does daihatsu handivan looks like... sounds like one minivan.. perhaps u can snap a pic of your car... i'm lazy to search the net for it... maybe later.

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
Just to add, the modification done on the mounting on this part of the world does not involve moving the firewall backwards. Even the latest cuore does not have plug and play with other Daihatsu engine, so I doubt anything you found right now is plug-and-playable....

I could be wrong though, but you should prepare yourself for modded mountings.

codo3500

Feb 1, 2006

theres a pic of one, theyre only little things. I was hoping i wouldnt have to mod too much, but hey, if thats what has to be done im up for it. Its currently being put in primer.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all.. Just need your opinion here. Preferably those with experience in this please...

I bought a disc brake set to fit into my car about a year ago from a seller in this forum. Suppose to fit it in today but I spotted some problem. It is full of rust. The knuckle, the caliper bracket, the rotor shield (that round thing like a shield don't know what is it called). I don't think it is due to me keeping it for one year because I kept it indoors and I bought another set and kept it for the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience