Launch Control

zamrioo2

Known Member
May 2, 2005
which management have this feature...? some saying that the ultimate e-manage n others standalone do have launch control... but it was not listed in...

is the launch control need it's own harness...?

BGklenz

Mar 18, 2004
WM
Visit site
if ur using vtec engine, then u can add launch control program to ur stock ecu.... :retarded:

f8.

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
launch control is a subset of traction control as it comes into effect when the car is stationary. ie when wheel speed is zero if you floor the throttle the rev limiter is now reduced to a low limit of say 4000rpm. once you release the clutch and wheel speed goes up, it will cross over to traction control at some point.

all motecs have it but you need to pay to have this feature enabled. any ecu which controls ignition can do this as it essentially retards the ignition to cut power.

however, in order for the ecu to detect wheel slip, you need at least 2 wheel speed sensors, one on a driven wheel one on a trailing wheel.

in my personal opinion, its better to try to limit power on lower gears as you prevent wheel spin, rather tha n try to reduce it after it has already happened via traction control. cutting ignition in and out shakes the engine quite violently and is not ideal for highly stressed engines.

zamrioo2

Known Member
May 2, 2005
tq guys... for the purpose of daily driving... is it reliable...? any tuner do this...? how much roughly...?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi..all sifus
i would like to knw Fd2 1.8 i-vtec can fit all mounting same as k20a from dc5 or not?
and can i use back my dashboard without modifying my wiring?
thanks in advance xD
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience