Head gasket for ek

vtec_ej6

Known Member
Nov 6, 2004
How much the cost to change head/top gasket for ek SOCH VTEC?I think my head gasket kaput oledi.One of shop offer me rm125 for metal gasket and workmanship rm150.Which better to use rubber or metal gasket?One more question, how to simulate either fan motor problem or head gasket kaput when temperature going high at high rev. Pls give ur idea..thanxss

chibie

Sep 13, 2005
KL
dah try cek radiator?? ade tersumbat? sbb my engine pon got this problem.. i got i mechanic in bt caves who knows everything bout honda. but this shop open at nite only. most of mechanics mesti kata head gasket. :shcokedcamo:

vtec_ej6

Known Member
Nov 6, 2004
chibie said:
dah try cek radiator?? ade tersumbat? sbb my engine pon got this problem.. i got i mechanic in bt caves who knows everything bout honda. but this shop open at nite only. most of mechanics mesti kata head gasket. :shcokedcamo:
Firstly..thanks for ur reply..my radiator has been service/flush 3 months ago.Is it possible it tersumbat again within 3 mths.Anyway, where is the location and the name of ur mechanic at bt caves..let say i at Mc Donald Bt Caves/sri gombak..thanxss

chibie

Sep 13, 2005
KL
esok i'll go to his w/shop @ 8pm.. nak follow?.. today or tomorrow i want to servis my radiator.. karat banyak.. how much aa the cost for servicing the radiator
:cry_smile:

vtec_ej6

Known Member
Nov 6, 2004
chibie said:
esok i'll go to his w/shop @ 8pm.. nak follow?.. today or tomorrow i want to servis my radiator.. karat banyak.. how much aa the cost for servicing the radiator
:cry_smile:
Chibie..esok may b i've something to do n cannot follow u.Can u give me a map/peta to go to the workshop.What is the name of mechanic and his contact no?? Last time i service radiator at kajang for rm60.

chibie

Sep 13, 2005
KL
from GIANT. go str8 turn right to BT caves at the traffic light. go str8 u'll pass a train railway. go str8 till simpang empat. at ur right u'll see kwsp. take the left, till u see some kedai kayu then turn right. the w/shop is along the kedai kayu. there's be alot of civics n u'll see his black 3door EK.. his name is lan.. i dont have his contact #.

vtec_ej6

Known Member
Nov 6, 2004
chibie said:
from GIANT. go str8 turn right to BT caves at the traffic light. go str8 u'll pass a train railway. go str8 till simpang empat. at ur right u'll see kwsp. take the left, till u see some kedai kayu then turn right. the w/shop is along the kedai kayu. there's be alot of civics n u'll see his black 3door EK.. his name is lan.. i dont have his contact #.
Thanxs mr chibie..what time he open the workshop at night??

chibie

Sep 13, 2005
KL
7pm n above .. if free see u tomorrow.. ej6 maroon. ill be there at 8pm:shades_smile:

CA Gan

Known Member
Jan 23, 2006
Actually i'm using Civic SO4 single cam Vtec too, i was facing the same problem too, high temperature. After sent my radiator for cleaning and flushing, the problem gone. But the physically already have some minor leaking at radiator.
Now i've change the radiator from the half cut.

chibie

Sep 13, 2005
KL
ive change the .. i donno wat it call the radiator 'jaring' yesterday.. it seems ok. i can pecut now.. hehehe coz of last jaring broke oledi.. many holes.. n leaking. how much the cost for the 1/2 cut.. it's ok?

CA Gan

Known Member
Jan 23, 2006
Yes, correct is radiator. Mine one broke coz originally oledi have minor crack.
According to mechanic, better change the new one or from half cut coz it won't tahan longer.

I bought about RM120... the condition is good. So far no issue.

suduRed

Known Member
Sep 27, 2005
Bdr.Sri.Dmsara
chibie said:
Hi Chibie,
can u provide more detail address 4 da workshop,i always there and easy 4
me to go in case my car get urgent problem...Thx

suduRed

Known Member
Sep 27, 2005
Bdr.Sri.Dmsara
suduRed said:
Hi Chibie,
can u provide more detail address 4 da workshop,i always there and easy 4
me to go in case my car get urgent problem...Thx
now i know already where the place for my colleuege,sory..thx

chibie

Sep 13, 2005
KL
sudured

that place has no address.. u can go there by following my direction.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I had a car being hit not long ago, the fault on the other party, summon on him too. My car was towed by accident claim company. Then, I was busy myself, oversea and here for around few months. I was told the car was done, but was told to paid a thousand because my insurance was under insured. I thought, I was claiming the other guy, and I checked with my insurance company, my NCD was back to 0%. I request the insurance company to check it throughly, and they revert back the NCD. But, the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience