[DIY] Oil catch tank

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Just be sure to get the right type of black hose. Some aren't meant to be used for ATF and some aren't fuel friendly, etc. Just get the shop to recommend the right one

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
BTW, off topic... can sifu here recommend some spare part shop around PJ or Kepong? I'm looking for wheel bearing. The price in online shop is like half the price the mechanic quote to me. They said all fake.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
BTW, off topic... can sifu here recommend some spare part shop around PJ or Kepong? I'm looking for wheel bearing. The price in online shop is like half the price the mechanic quote to me. They said all fake.
Can try Bay Brothers in PJ, PH Auto in SEA Park, PJ.....

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
What car is this? Front or rear wheels? Ask around a few spare parts shop. As long as they offer bearings from reputable manufacturers like FAG, NTN, SKF, Koyo, etc, it should be okay.

abubin

Jul 13, 2006
Thanks for the advice guys, I end up didn't use the transparent hose. Bought a black hose from Shopee because my regular spare part shop does not have this hose and so does hardware shop. The hose size is a little bit too small for the oil catch can so I tried forcing it with took a lot of effort. Eventually it went in enough and did not break the hose.

oilcatchcan.jpg
oilcatchcan2.jpg

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Thanks for the advice guys, I end up didn't use the transparent hose. Bought a black hose from Shopee because my regular spare part shop does not have this hose and so does hardware shop. The hose size is a little bit too small for the oil catch can so I tried forcing it with took a lot of effort. Eventually it went in enough and did not break the hose.

View attachment 575345 View attachment 575346
Connecting the OCT to that spot on your Myvi means you're going to need to drain the OCT weekly. That spot is very very oil heavy. You should filter the spot that routes back to the throttle body.

abubin

Jul 13, 2006
Connecting the OCT to that spot on your Myvi means you're going to need to drain the OCT weekly. That spot is very very oil heavy. You should filter the spot that routes back to the throttle body.
Sorry, I don't quite get it. You mean I plug the return hose into the wrong place? I should have plugged into the breather hose at the other side of the engine (like in your first attempt)?

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Sorry, I don't quite get it. You mean I plug the return hose into the wrong place? I should have plugged into the breather hose at the other side of the engine (like in your first attempt)?
actually, your OCT setup is good enough actually. Bu you'll need to be careful about the oil levels. Pour out the oil frequently.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
actually, your OCT setup is good enough actually. Bu you'll need to be careful about the oil levels. Pour out the oil frequently.
OCT can collect so much oil one ah? Mine never pour away, used for years collect a little only. Since mine is those plastic petrol filter, just change them......lol

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
OCT can collect so much oil one ah? Mine never pour away, used for year collect a little only. Since mine is those plastic petrol filter, just change them......lol
that particular slot for the Myvi is notoriously oily.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

planning 2 bolt on turbo for my little 1nzfe ~ but really really noob in this.. hope can get advice from sifu around here ^_^ here i got few question

1 how much does it cost ? i mean as low as possible price XD
2 wat boost are most recommand for vios ? 0.5 ? 1.0 ? for safety range..
3 took how long 2 install for all ? :biggrin:
4 donno at bintulu where can recommand 2 install ? :biggrin:
5 will it damage our engine if low boost ?
6 possible can get 7sec 2 hunderd ?? now my current...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience