Keeping Mitsubishi Lancer GT or Audi A6 2.0T

Keeping The Lancer GT or Audi A6 2.0T

• Total voters

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
you already have one toy car, one reliable cheap to maintain daily driver is a good idea especially if there are big bills coming for the audi, i would keep the lancer. its just easier to deal with
Actually, i had another recently purchased Volvo S60 too. I got 1 toy car, 1 luxury sedan and this Lancer. Frankly speaking i don’t want to add another Luxury sedan in my fleet . Oh well i will be DD this A6 for a week, lets see how it goes.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
For me, I will sell the Audi. Through the years I have seen many friends owning various type of vehicles. Conti when old, expensive to maintain....lol
My dad tried to but no one wants to buy, so thats why he asked me to return the Lancer and swap this A6 to me. I knew the maintenance costs of it so i am kinda skeptical.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
My dad tried to but no one wants to buy, so thats why he asked me to return the Lancer and swap this A6 to me. I knew the maintenance costs of it so i am kinda skeptical.
Just bring is to any out of state used car dealer with the geran and sell it to the dealer.

Why out of state?
So u dont have to see the car again and starts to question your decision.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Actually those heavy accidents are just dented fender flare and light door damage. Both incidents were fixed under 2k. My undercarriage and chassis were never hurt. I already swapped the Audi for few days to see i can live with it or not. I will commit if i make up my mind, no half ass decision midway haha

oh yes he knew of those mods, he praised the responsiveness of the engine as he wanted a throttle controller as well.
Hmm in that case just keep the Lancer.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Honestly no one is crazy enough to hoon everyday, i think i'd seen more slow and steady drivers got into trouble more nowadays.
Correct.. when I daily drive my cruise liner to/from work.. it actually has less bhp than a Myvi 1.3L 90% of the time..cause the combustion engine only fires up about 10% of the time.

If I were you I'd take the Audi.

1. Audi expensive to maintain..yes.. but the $ you pour into the Lancer to mod it is enough to maintain the Audi...
2. Lancer chassis probably compromised/weakened due to the accidents -- not sure how severe
3. You already have a #not1jzparking don't really need another modified lanevo, why not have a sensible comfortable car for normal driving?

I'm betting the Audi has better NVH than the Lancer? Lancer actually worse than Myvi ROFL. Tyre roar!!!

Reactions: alcyon

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Better sell cheap now, later on will be worth much less.......

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Correct.. when I daily drive my cruise liner to/from work.. it actually has less bhp than a Myvi 1.3L 90% of the time..cause the combustion engine only fires up about 10% of the time.

If I were you I'd take the Audi.

1. Audi expensive to maintain..yes.. but the $ you pour into the Lancer to mod it is enough to maintain the Audi...
2. Lancer chassis probably compromised/weakened due to the accidents -- not sure how severe
3. You already have a #not1jzparking don't really need another modified lanevo, why not have a sensible comfortable car for normal driving?

I'm betting the Audi has better NVH than the Lancer? Lancer actually worse than Myvi ROFL. Tyre roar!!!
Yeah man, it's easy to drive a powerful car steadily compared to smaller engine, you really need to rev it up so much just to keep up.

- Hey you are quite on point on this, all those mods i had are not cheap too. Some electronic products i can moved over to the Audi to improve it further. Like the CVT cooler and TM Works.
- Only body panels damage, like your usual grinding the guardrails type of accidents. No damage to chassis as per checked by chassis expert.
- Hahaha that pun is intended on Izso, i supposed you are right, focus my mods on one actual powerful car rather than distributing my finances. The 1JZ still has lots of things to be done to make the chassis match the new found engine power.

Yes the Lancer is loud. The only thing i think Lancer will lose out to Audi in terms of driving is cornering, i really need to readjust my driving style or mod the suspension of A6 to able to match my driving style.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
. The only thing i think Lancer will lose out to Audi in terms of driving is cornering, i really need to readjust my driving style or mod the suspension of A6 to able to match my driving style.
I suggest cheaper option, change your driving style to suit the car :mask:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Alright guys i had created the poll for this. Cast your votes so we can have a solid results !

Thanks to all who participated in this talk !

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
After finding out you have had accidents in the Lancer - I changed my tune to Audi A6. I've been in and driven 2 generations of the A6 and I absolutely love how you can just waft along in that car. It's unbelievably comfortable and that's all I need in my current age and life now. But I know the maintenance costs will be astronomical though.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
After finding out you have had accidents in the Lancer - I changed my tune to Audi A6. I've been in and driven 2 generations of the A6 and I absolutely love how you can just waft along in that car. It's unbelievably comfortable and that's all I need in my current age and life now. But I know the maintenance costs will be astronomical though.
Erhemmmm ... from someone with a hardcore car to sit in Audi, of coz its going to be feel wafty.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
If you are sure it's only asthetical damage on the lancer, then I think that's fine.... You already have the Volvo covering the potential role of the audi

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
If you are sure it's only asthetical damage on the lancer, then I think that's fine.... You already have the Volvo covering the potential role of the audi
Yes i am sure of it, nevermind dude put your votes at the poll ! We shall end of this week :). I am driving this A6 for straight 1 week to see can i live with it or not.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
You need one of everything. Something waft, something to let loose the rage and something to troll others with.
Trolling people ? Haha think my 1jz can take care of that part. Wafty i had one already. One of everything is what i am choosing now.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,me driving wira 1.5 sedan. y after aircon on lack pwr ha?? if switch off aircon can really feel the diff. mod only change extrator n mid pipe.

any suggestion to make it more pwr when on aircon.

thanks in advance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience