Starting a new journey. Tough decision.

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
Hi, Guys. Planning to get a used car for fun drive. I love old honda ( i dont have much money for the newer one ), it is easy to maintain, cheap to take care and i prefer the older design.

Planned to get something lighter and faster beside my daily driven euro r. In my mind, i am thinking of :
- civic eg 2doors
- civic ek 2doors
- crz ( the hybrid )
- jazz ( ge or gk )
- dc5

It can carries either b16, b18 or even k20.
Price range rm60000
What do u guys think?

Honda forever...classic way better

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Don't leave out the EF. It's less targeted by thieves compared to the EG and EK. You'll need to invest in a good alarm system.

I don't like the CRZ, Jazz and DC5 so I can't comment on those. Why not include the DC2 as well? Spacious and prettier than the DC5 (in my opinion).

The EF with a B18cr in manual form is an insane car. It's easy to drive, it's only 800kg heavy and looks fab if done up nicely. Doesn't have the pedigree of the EG or the EK so you don't have to worry about purists cussing you for the b18 swap or anything funny. Parts are easy to source (sort of.. if you know where to look) and it's super nice to drive if setup correctly.

I have a love-hate relationship with the EF. I love to drive the car a lot.. seriously nice to drive. But I hate it in jam situations but that's purely because the EF I have access to is track focused. If it were stock I'd seriously love the car.

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
Dc2 and ef, both are nice. I am just worry about the exterior spare part. Otherwise, i prefer dc2 over ef.

Reactions: Izso

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
This was my reaction when going through your list

- civic eg 2doors
=arite good choice nais
- civic ek 2doors
=Whoa these cost a bomb
- crz ( the hybrid )
=ookay strange choice given the previous 2, but I get the appeal
- jazz ( ge or gk )
=Wth.... A random jazz? Kswapped I guess?
- dc5
=Ah back to sanity

You already have a euroR (I assume cl7?) , u still want another k20? Or u gunning for something old-school? Cause your list above is real confusing

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
This was my reaction when going through your list

- civic eg 2doors
=arite good choice nais
- civic ek 2doors
=Whoa these cost a bomb
- crz ( the hybrid )
=ookay strange choice given the previous 2, but I get the appeal
- jazz ( ge or gk )
=Wth.... A random jazz? Kswapped I guess?
- dc5
=Ah back to sanity

You already have a euroR (I assume cl7?) , u still want another k20? Or u gunning for something old-school? Cause your list above is real confusing
Yes. A stock engine cl7. Daily driven to work.
Am always thinking of getting a classic light weight civic or maybe a newer version like jazz or crz with k20 for a weekend drive.
Hahaha. The feeling of " it is not complete if u dont own a fast modded honda "

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
I dont have much experience of driving other honda except for a 4doors ek. Before i buy another car and not regret about it later on.
Hope that maybe u all can give me some opinion if u have an experience of driving a krz, jazz with k20, eg or ek with either b series or k20?

Btw, my cl7 is 1390kg stock before i put in all the speakers and woofer

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Hi, Guys. Planning to get a used car for fun drive. I love old honda ( i dont have much money for the newer one ), it is easy to maintain, cheap to take care and i prefer the older design.

Planned to get something lighter and faster beside my daily driven euro r. In my mind, i am thinking of :
- civic eg 2doors
- civic ek 2doors
- crz ( the hybrid )
- jazz ( ge or gk )
- dc5

It can carries either b16, b18 or even k20.
Price range rm60000
What do u guys think?

Honda forever...classic way better
Ever considered nissan cars? Like the nissan sentra b13. The advantages are its cheaper and parts are plenty too. Plus you dont have to worry about theft. Like my project car a nissan sentra b13 with 6mt gearbox and engine swapped with the nissan sr20ve 20v engine (have vvl system almost same like vtec), its a blast. The car is quite light at 1040kg and after full overhaul and tuning the engine, i got 230hp.
Zerotohundred in 5.8 seconds. All these include overhaul for 20k. Including new rims, tires and new headunit and speakers.

Reactions: Mitevo7

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Ever considered nissan cars? Like the nissan sentra b13. The advantages are its cheaper and parts are plenty too. Plus you dont have to worry about theft. Like my project car a nissan sentra b13 with 6mt gearbox and engine swapped with the nissan sr20ve 20v engine (have vvl system almost same like vtec), its a blast. The car is quite light at 1040kg and after full overhaul and tuning the engine, i got 230hp.
Zerotohundred in 5.8 seconds. All these include overhaul for 20k. Including new rims, tires and new headunit and speakers.
Wahhh boss, pls plan meets. Hahaha....

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Stock gsr only lah 5mt. Enough for me to daily. lol..
U must let me go 5 tiang.
Lol yours also around 220hp la if stock. Should be side by side. Mine also currently use for daily. Waiting new proton x50 next year.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
In simpler terms, great value for money.

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL

Wah. 230hp and 1000kg+.
Have u tried civic, maybe b16 or b18? How does it different?

But i think i am going to stick to eg or ek 2doors.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

where the best and good price shop to do polish.....just bought 2nd hand car..so need to look ok lar..hehhehehe
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience