Best of the best engine oils

mofisa69

Nov 6, 2019
How about MIZU engine oil which is quite famous in Lazada & Shopee. Tried once 10w-40 for saga BLM. Doing OK. no complain. The price is cheap.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hmmmm... high zinc bad for environment, but still have SN rating?:confused:
big companies that make these oils like Penrite know their way around the ratings and stuff. Their racing range of oils is very nice too.

How about MIZU engine oil which is quite famous in Lazada & Shopee. Tried once 0w-40 for saga BLM. Doing OK. no complain. The price is cheap.
Since you're using it give feedback. I personally haven't tried this brand

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
big companies that make these oils like Penrite know their way around the ratings and stuff. Their racing range of oils is very nice too.
Heard nowadays environmental also part of the rating, so have to be environment friendly.........lol

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Heard nowadays environmental also part of the rating, so have to be environment friendly.........lol
Environmental rating only applies to the resource conserving grades, normally 0W-16, 0W-20, 0W-30, 5W-30 , 10W-30.

it is possible for 10W30 and 5W30 to not be resource conserving though (thicker).

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
If you're going for cheap oils on your everyday runner these cheap oils are ok to buy. But since this is "best of the best engine oils" thread, I'd put Penrite HPR series out there. Been playing with this brand for a while now and its resistance to heat is pretty incredible. Oil pressure doesn't budge much even with heat soak. And considering how much zinc it has it's good. But bad for catcons though.

definately the better option oil if comparing similar priced oil...

Reactions: Izso

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
How about MIZU engine oil which is quite famous in Lazada & Shopee. Tried once 10w-40 for saga BLM. Doing OK. no complain. The price is cheap.
How cheap is cheap?

There's no Mizu registered with API, so their engine oil is shit.
~RM55? no way.... Shell Helix Ultra @ RM89 is already a miracle, given that Shell does their own base oil. Impossible Mizu can compete with Shell on the economies of scale to offer good product at cheap price.

Reactions: alcyon

mofisa69

Nov 6, 2019
How cheap is cheap?

~RM55? no way.... Shell Helix Ultra @ RM89 is already a miracle, given that Shell does their own base oil. Impossible Mizu can compete with Shell on the economies of scale to offer good product at cheap price.
They actually registered with API and insured their product with lonpac. And yes their price is dirt cheap.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
How cheap is cheap?

I will stick with the GIANT stock shell. Not gonna risk my engine with a backyard brand like MIZU which sounds like a soup. This MIZU brand is API certified according to API website, but yeah I rather stick with Euro Shell.

Reactions: 6UE5t

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
They actually registered with API and insured their product with lonpac. And yes their price is dirt cheap.
Ask yourself logically... possible? Sometimes when its too good to be true... I wouldn't risk it. But that's me.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
you mizu salesman ? Sorry.
Anyway if you in KL area go get that shell fs oil.
In penang no more 89, 99...now is 109. Knn...

mofisa69

Nov 6, 2019
you mizu salesman ? Sorry.
Anyway if you in KL area go get that shell fs oil.
In penang no more 89, 99...now is 109. Knn...
No I'm not. I'm using it. What good I just said it is good.
Im not in KL.

Last edited:

mofisa69

Nov 6, 2019
Ask yourself logically... possible? Sometimes when its too good to be true... I wouldn't risk it. But that's me.
My logic said no but I just give a try. Done 8000km and nothing happened. Not said they are too good but hey I'm done another 2000km with fresh new mizu 10w-40.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
My logic said no but I just give a try. Done 8000km and nothing happened. Not said they are too good but hey I'm done another 2000km with fresh new mizu 10w-40.
You will find that enthusiasts will not trust new or unheard of local brands. maybe 8000km, 20000km no problem, how about 50000km ? Why take the risk ? Thanks but no thanks. Stick with name brands and buy from Giant, at least we know its not fake oil.

Reactions: 6UE5t

mofisa69

Nov 6, 2019
You will find that enthusiasts will not trust new or unheard of local brands. maybe 8000km, 20000km no problem, how about 50000km ? Why take the risk ? Thanks but no thanks. Stick with name brands and buy from Giant, at least we know its not fake oil.
This also not a fake oil. They are locally blended. As of now I will take the risk. It should be no problem as long change 7k to 8k interval.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Thieves have made off with that oh so sexy Nissan GT-R from the most recent Fast & Furious film. The car was being stored, along with several other vehicles, at a facility in Sun Valley, Los Angeles. The thieves were no doubt aware that the vehicle was inside the facility when they broke through the metal door and drove off with the car, paying no attention to the other vehicles inside. The thieves did, however, damage both a Porsche Boxster and a classic Studebaker in the process.

While...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience