Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Wira update.

I was driving 80km/h in highway suddenly the bonet pop uo and hit the windscreen.

Luckily the car behind me didn't stick me too near. If not my rear also kena. Damn....that is really frightening.....never thought this kind of thing will happen to myself.
wow... that's dangerous!

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Wira update.

I was driving 80km/h in highway suddenly the bonet pop uo and hit the windscreen.

Luckily the car behind me didn't stick me too near. If not my rear also kena. Damn....that is really frightening.....never thought this kind of thing will happen to myself.
Commiserations but there's only one reason why such things happens

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
didn't close well?
cos it is a hook? shall not pop up so easily
If properly hooked, it couldnt have opened on it's own. Then again, it's a Mivec hood and I believe you need to mod the hook a bit. Rather than look at it as bad luck, you should think of it as fortunate; you could have been going much faster.

Reactions: minibeany

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
If properly hooked, it couldnt have opened on it's own. Then again, it's a Mivec hood and I believe you need to mod the hook a bit. Rather than look at it as bad luck, you should think of it as fortunate; you could have been going much faster.
Agreed, need to mod the hook or better, install the hood lock thing.

I forget to closed my hood properly once or twice and was driving slightly faster than 80kmh. Only slowed down after a rattling noise is heard. I did not stop as the car is driving fine. Only to discover the issue at home.

Lucky it did not flip over.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wira update.

bro..was the mivec hood your idea or inherited? Aiyo.. hope you have windscreen insurance.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I remember there was another case of fibre bonnet cannot latch properly also flew open and hit windscreen, need hood lock pin.....

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
I remember there was another case of fibre bonnet cannot latch properly also flew open and hit windscreen, need hood lock pin.....
some using those hydraulic bonet lifters and their bonnet lock got issue. with those lifters, u need to properly lock the bonnet. if not sure flip.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Maranello, Italy. 1st September 2018:

Ferrari, most people would know them as Formula 1 champions, and makers of expensive supercars.

View attachment 572014
Tomorrow is Monza, Ferrari’s own backyard. Kimi and Vettel 1-2 starting grid. Will they achieve a 1-2 finish?

The prancing horse is the epitome of performance automotive machines. Is it the best? The most advanced? The most exotic? Not necessarily. But when you mention supercars, the first make that come to people’s minds all...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience