Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Eh, now people move to electronic cigarette. No more conventional smoking. Maybe u can try few drop of vape flavor into the engine oil...adds some taste and aroma...hahahah.
Better not, behind fellow get second hand smoke.....hhahahhahahha

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
My hyundai change oil from 10w40 to 5w40 started smoking. Now Change to 20w50 with a bottle of no smoke to keep it from smoking......lol
Oh no. What oil you using for the hyundai ah?

For the 'project' wira i'm using 15-40 for now haha

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
If you want to save cost can perhaps try diesel engine oil at the next oil change first. The engine may be a little dirty over the years.

I've used bardahl diesel oil + marvel mystery oil to revive a 3 years dead wira. From blowing white smoke it took 1 week of driving to get it to have 0 smoke & condensation like new in the morning. Sometimes the piston rings are just a bit sticky, don't necessarily have to overhaul straight. :burnout:
For now my wira 1tank can go around 400km RM80+ a tabk. So far so good now. Next month will go and check some issue. The car suddenly engine mati. Dunno why everything still on. Push to N then start back is ok.
My suspect is the fuel injection. Since if is fuel pump issue the car will goyang very kuat because hard to pump the fuel,but my car didn't have such problem. Will diagnose agn when checking.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
For now my wira 1tank can go around 400km RM80+ a tabk. So far so good now. Next month will go and check some issue. The car suddenly engine mati. Dunno why everything still on. Push to N then start back is ok.
My suspect is the fuel injection. Since if is fuel pump issue the car will goyang very kuat because hard to pump the fuel,but my car didn't have such problem. Will diagnose agn when checking.
Have you changed the fuel filter?

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
I had that problem on mine also, it was the 02 Sensor, crank sensor & throttle body dying all at once...

Reactions: sanekit

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Wira update.

The machine say maybe is the throttle body issue. Might need to buka and clean it 1st. Juz a labour RM40. After that wait for thr result.

Reactions: Izso

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Wira update.

The machine say maybe is the throttle body issue. Might need to buka and clean it 1st. Juz a labour RM40. After that wait for thr result.
i was expecting that after reading through all your post. just pray the TB still ok, if not might need to get another good working TB.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
You can also check the plug to the air flow sensor. If its a bad connection there engine will die off.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Wira Update.

After Cuci the TB the TB response is good. But when I terus tekan minyak rpm go up it suddenly have a laggy feel. Is like the TB open close open close feeling when from 2k to 5k rpm. The mechanic say take bsck to him to check. I think the worst case is the TB is going to die already. Hahahahaha
He also help me chg a map sensor on the speedometer now everything is fine. Juz need to settle TB issue only.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Wira Update.

After Cuci the TB the TB response is good. But when I terus tekan minyak rpm go up it suddenly have a laggy feel. Is like the TB open close open close feeling when from 2k to 5k rpm. The mechanic say take bsck to him to check. I think the worst case is the TB is going to die already. Hahahahaha
He also help me chg a map sensor on the speedometer now everything is fine. Juz need to settle TB issue only.
is it an auto vdo wira? before this got the hesitation (open close feeling from 2k-5k rpm)?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i had a hunch, touched one wire that goes to the fuel pump and that wire felt kinda panas.

what could be the main cause? had a mech the fuel pump changed and did not supervise the installation, which i usually wud rather do myself.

was afraid it could melt something under there (external fuel pump).
and does it have something to do with the car dies every 5 minutes of idle?

gotta get pics later.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience