Buying a Bmw 330e

KeeSeong

Known Member
Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
halo all sifus, can ask ask from your advise...

I’m planning to own a bmw 330e but I noticed since the car launched in 2017 priced at 258k but now after 2yrs some ppl let go as low as 145k.. dropping more than 100k leh... is the car have a lot problem to the owner ?? Everydayy, i saw a lot ppl post to sell off the car.. haha I wonder why..

why they don’t keep it???
Any sifus or owners out there can give their 2 cents ? Hehe

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
halo all sifus, can ask ask from your advise...

I’m planning to own a bmw 330e but I noticed since the car launched in 2017 priced at 258k but now after 2yrs some ppl let go as low as 145k.. dropping more than 100k leh... is the car have a lot problem to the owner ?? Everydayy, i saw a lot ppl post to sell off the car.. haha I wonder why..

why they don’t keep it???
Any sifus or owners out there can give their 2 cents ? Hehe
The hybrid part of the car is known to be a problem. The charging doesn't hold or something - I can't remember the details. But those within warranty usually get it fixed by official BMW centers but those that are out of warranty won't want to pay the thousands to replace the parts.

Also F30 parts currently are still a premium, you can't get Singapore half cut cars as replacement parts so people underestimate how expensive it is to own a BMW F30 and end up giving up ownership.

But if you wait a bit longer then the F30 would be 10 years old and a lot of Singapore F30s will be forced to scrap (or pay premium COE) so by next year there'll be a lot of "spare parts" available at a fraction of the cost buying new.

KeeSeong

Known Member
Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The hybrid part of the car is known to be a problem. The charging doesn't hold or something - I can't remember the details. But those within warranty usually get it fixed by official BMW centers but those that are out of warranty won't want to pay the thousands to replace the parts.

Also F30 parts currently are still a premium, you can't get Singapore half cut cars as replacement parts so people underestimate how expensive it is to own a BMW F30 and end up giving up ownership.

But if you wait a bit longer then the F30 would be 10 years old and a lot of Singapore F30s will be forced to scrap (or pay premium COE) so by next year there'll be a lot of "spare parts" available at a fraction of the cost buying new.
No wonder value drop like hell... reliability issue...Thanks for Adwise sifu hehe

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Buy the 2015-2016 330i, not the 330e. But either way, BMW price will still drop a lot.
Isn't more expensive and higher cc cars will depreciate more. Lower income cannot afford to buy, higher income will buy new and not second hand.......lol

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
How long do you intend to drive the car? Do you intend to keep it beyond warranty? If yes, buy the 320d or 328i or 330i. If not, it is a damn good purchase because its power is on par with the 330i, the delivery of power in sports mode is seamless, coupled with the electric motor to make up for the turbo lag.

If you tune/chip it, then it's quite amazing.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My son the Swift plus all the mods and repairs still cost me a few thousand less than rm40k.

With 40k I can probably mod my Evo until reach 500-600hp.

KeeSeong

Known Member
Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My son the Swift plus all the mods and repairs still cost me a few thousand less than rm40k.

lolzz... 40k reli not worth it..
Don’t mention evo la pls... make me saddd
Evo 5 also cost 80-90 somemore is cash... how to buyyyy ..

koshin

Known Member
Feb 1, 2018
Vietnam

Boss, 40k will NOT get you 500hp~600hp. UNLESS you use all second-tangan + recycle parts which i also doubtful.
Piston+rods, injectors, clutch, turbo, manifold+exhaust, IC, fuel pump, ECU+tuning. igition coils, are not cheap

I think you really work for suzuki la.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Boss, 40k will NOT get you 500hp~600hp. UNLESS you use all second-tangan + recycle parts which i also doubtful.
Piston+rods, injectors, clutch, turbo, manifold+exhaust, IC, fuel pump, ECU+tuning. igition coils, are not cheap

I think you really work for suzuki la.
Well are you an Evo expert? If so then maybe can provide this newbie a more exact guidelines of your expertise what to do and how much to spend for that power level? Anyway I also mentioned 'probably ' so that's my disclaimer.

Dude, Suzuki is out of Malaysia already since so many years so how on earth I work for Suzuki here. Are you living under a rock? Stop talking utter nonsense.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bro,

i bough on toyota le body..which originally 8 valve..then i when bought 12 valve...toyota le engine...i try to insert the egine..oni right hand side....mounting oni can fit....the other moutning....not at all....and the cross..member also not fit.....is there..different cross member for 12 valve?
another thing....the drive sharp.....is it 8 valve and 12 valve same.......plz help me...bcoz im fixing on ma own.....thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience