Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
In the workshop where my car is changing the abs & spring. The Boss of the workshop saw the issue he juz went to the store room and find me a set of Gab spring:adore:
Wah,boss your market strategy very pro ah.
He say this is the batch from Thailand(I dun know where actually gab come from 1st) after produce in Malaysia he didn't restock already sell me cheap.
So potong price ngam ngam then install back agn.
After driving for a day the ride height had drop from 4 finger gap to 3. The rear still retain the same 2 finger gap. The drive on smooth & rough surface is acceptable for me didn't feel any bumpy going over pothole also ok. Going over bump & coming down from Shopping mall isn't an issue.
Maybe is New absorber & new spring the matching is great. Didn't scrap any think.
now this look much better. Nice set of wheels btw.
know what, you are the 4th wira i've seen with quite similar color.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
now this look much better. Nice set of wheels btw.
know what, you are the 4th wira i've seen with quite similar color.
Actually I also don't know what is this colour. Hahahahaha
Now the car is more stable at corner & high speed.
The wheel I do plan to swap out in the future.8jj is too wide.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
In the workshop where my car is changing the abs & spring. The Boss of the workshop saw the issue he juz went to the store room and find me a set of Gab spring:adore:
He say this is the batch from Thailand(I dun know where actually gab come from 1st) after produce in Malaysia he didn't restock already sell me cheap.
After driving for a day the ride height had drop from 4 finger gap to 3. The rear still retain the same 2 finger gap. The drive on smooth & rough surface is acceptable for me didn't feel any bumpy going over pothole also ok. Going over bump & coming down from Shopping mall isn't an issue.
Maybe is New absorber & new spring the matching is great. Didn't scrap any think.
Now it looks better.

I found some old pic of C99 Wira 1.8 when it was still new. It was supposed to be this high like this photo.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wira Update

The aircond compressor is spoil. While I was driving suddenly the airconnd doesn't feel cold. So I tot is aircond gas finish. So I go to the mechanic ans say I want to fill the gas. My aircond is not cold.
After checking The mechanic say there is still a lot of gas inside . Juz the compressor is rosak. They quote me everything RM480. Is the price ok? Or I juz get 1 from half cut cost RM100?
Agree with bro. gunnerzz, check the compressor clutch, unless the compressor jam already.
New compressor will cost a lot. If really need to change and on budget better recon. As mentioned used unit no history so depends on luck. Example, I had a used alternator before, usually no warranty. Once fitted and all running fine that is it, but lucky it fail within a week and the mechanic changed another for me, and I opt for recon second time around......

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Agree with bro. gunnerzz, check the compressor clutch, unless the compressor jam already.
New compressor will cost a lot. If really need to change and on budget better recon. As mentioned used unit no history so depends on luck. Example, I had a used alternator before, usually no warranty. Once fitted and all running fine that is it, but lucky it fail within a week and the mechanic changed another for me, and I opt for recon second time around......

Ok, tomorrow will go to other shop and check it.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
To be honest. What were they thinking making the car so high.Hahahahaha
Well, that is how the suspension was originally designed by Mitsubishi and Proton just followed the mechanical specs according to the Lancer. Even if you look at a high performance car like the Lancer Evolution II, that car is also quite high. Look at this. But as long as the suspension is stiff enough, a higher ride height isn't exactly much of a problem. Better than having a lower height which looks good but suffers from a softer suspension setup.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Well, that is how the suspension was originally designed by Mitsubishi and Proton just followed the mechanical specs according to the Lancer. Even if you look at a high performance car like the Lancer Evolution II, that car is also quite high. Look at this. But as long as the suspension is stiff enough, a higher ride height isn't exactly much of a problem. Better than having a lower height which looks good but suffers from a softer suspension setup.

Yah,you are right. Sometimes low doesn't mean better handling.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Wira update

Go to a Kilang that fix my company lorry.
After checking they say is Compressor magnet coil rosak (dunno I pronounced it right or not) not the compressor rosak. Cost is around RM150++

Hoseh is not the compressor rosak. Lucky me
Hahahahahaaha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wira update

After checking they say is Compressor magnet coil rosak (dunno I pronounced it right or not) not the compressor rosak. Cost is around RM150++

Hahahahahaaha
That's usually the case. But RM480 for a new compressor is not too bad if it includes workmanship and gas. If recon then that's a no-go. Don't bother with halfcut aircon compressors la. Aircon use new because Wira aircon parts is the cheapest option out there. Myvi aircon compressor new is RM850-900. China mari is RM600. And this is the old 1.3 Myvi not the latest model.

Nice springs. Comes with helper springs! The newer Gabs don't seem to have that. You see the shorter and thinner coils at the top? That one usually compresses faster so you get more or less comfy ride, under load only the thicker bottom springs compress and that one usually quite stiff. What are the spring rates given?

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Wira update

Hahahahahaaha
Ask yourself why compressor magnetic clutch is damaged. Were you experiencing sudden clutch/declutch prior to this?

Also contemplate whether it's worth paying 150 for a new clutch when a recond compressor comes with one.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yah,you are right. Sometimes low doesn't mean better handling.
In my own case, after my suspension was upgraded into the 1.6/1.8 setup, it handled much better as in stability, steering response and lesser body roll despite looking much higher on the outside. If you look at external appearance alone, you would assume that before I upgrade, the car is probably more stable because it is quite low while it looks much higher now where you might assume it won't be stable. At least that is how many people assumed after they saw my new setup before riding or driving my car.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
In my own case, after my suspension was upgraded into the 1.6/1.8 setup, it handled much better as in stability, steering response and lesser body roll despite looking much higher on the outside. If you look at external appearance alone, you would assume that before I upgrade, the car is probably more stable because it is quite low while it looks much higher now where you might assume it won't be stable. At least that is how many people assumed after they saw my new setup before riding or driving my car.

For mine,in future I will instal rear strut & rear anti roll bar and also front anti roll bar. Now my car bodyroll is lesser juz want to make it more solid abit. Hahahaha

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
For mine,in future I will instal rear strut & rear anti roll bar and also front anti roll bar. Now my car bodyroll is lesser juz want to make it more solid abit. Hahahaha
I've also equipped mine with Wira 1.6 rear anti roll bar during the upgrade. You mean front strut bar? Because front already got anti roll bar originally.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone used Steelmate Alarm System before? I installed one on my car and so far it's good. Pretty decent price for a basic set too. Any opinion on this? Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience