Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
And also suspension kit there didn't mention spring for wira se. I asume same category with wira 1.6?
As previously mentioned, I dont think aftermarket manufacturers caters to small volume models like the SE. So they are likely to pass off the 1.6 springs as compatible.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
As previously mentioned, I dont think aftermarket manufacturers caters to small volume models like the SE. So they are likely to pass off the 1.6 springs as compatible.
So if buying new one are most likely
Wira SE absorber +Wira 1.6 spring i think?
The mounting for Wira SE can I pnp on my wira?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
So if buying new one are most likely
Wira SE absorber +Wira 1.6 spring i think?
The mounting for Wira SE can I pnp on my wira?
dude. Ok let me break it down for you :

upload_2019-9-20_10-28-11.png

This spring seat looks a bit low. Personally I think this a 1.6/1.8 absorber. The Wira SE one is special, the spring seat is slightly higher. That's why the original Wira SE spring is shorter and fatter than the normal springs. I'm specifically referring to the 1st and 2nd generation Wira SE. After that all the Wira SEs were just generic 1.6/1.8 absorbers and springs.

Waja absorbers (front) is the same as Satria GTI, Wira 1.6, Wira 1.8.. The spring seat is low and the front springs are tall and wide. Satria Neo ones fit in the Wira too but this will seriously jack up the height of your car if you choose to try.

Wira 1.3/1.5 absorbers (front) are slightly different, the spring is thinner and not as big as the 1.6/1.8 one.

The most unique is the Wira SE 1st batch and 2nd batch spring and absorber + spring. Personally I would not recommend buying used because of the age and I honestly doubt you'll be able to find it new.

Since you're using for city and occasional trips, get stock wira 1.6/1.8 spring + any brand 1.6/1.8 long stroke absorbers like Monroe, KYB, Sachs, etc Like what Parakey said this combination is actually quite comfortable with reasonable control. KYB is going to be the softest of the choices though, it's oil-based. Monroe sensatrac is gas so gonna be a bit harder. Sachs however is the 'stiffest' of the brands and some people swear by it. There's other options as well but it'll be up to you to go try it.

If you're looking for lowered looks and some performance then consider those short stroke absorbers like APM Performax ones and pair it with sports springs. APM Performax is a little bit low but it's pretty solid.

If you're looking for looks and coilovers on a budget then HWL is the way to go. Forget about hilo and go for hilosofthard. Hilo no matter what people say will be bumpy. HLSH is definitely better in terms of control, soft when you want it (to some extent) and hard when you want it.

If you're rich and has a huge budget, then a combination like Koni Yellow + Eibach sports springs is very good. It'll cost as much as a coilover but it will handle like a dream without being harsh like a coilover.

If you're really rich then go for custom made suspension like from PRS, RDS, Premium, Claws, Titan, etc.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
dude. Ok let me break it down for you :

View attachment 576265

This spring seat looks a bit low. Personally I think this a 1.6/1.8 absorber. The Wira SE one is special, the spring seat is slightly higher. That's why the original Wira SE spring is shorter and fatter than the normal springs. I'm specifically referring to the 1st and 2nd generation Wira SE. After that all the Wira SEs were just generic 1.6/1.8 absorbers and springs.

Waja absorbers (front) is the same as Satria GTI, Wira 1.6, Wira 1.8.. The spring seat is low and the front springs are tall and wide. Satria Neo ones fit in the Wira too but this will seriously jack up the height of your car if you choose to try.

Wira 1.3/1.5 absorbers (front) are slightly different, the spring is thinner and not as big as the 1.6/1.8 one.

The most unique is the Wira SE 1st batch and 2nd batch spring and absorber + spring. Personally I would not recommend buying used because of the age and I honestly doubt you'll be able to find it new.

Since you're using for city and occasional trips, get stock wira 1.6/1.8 spring + any brand 1.6/1.8 long stroke absorbers like Monroe, KYB, Sachs, etc Like what Parakey said this combination is actually quite comfortable with reasonable control. KYB is going to be the softest of the choices though, it's oil-based. Monroe sensatrac is gas so gonna be a bit harder. Sachs however is the 'stiffest' of the brands and some people swear by it. There's other options as well but it'll be up to you to go try it.

If you're looking for lowered looks and some performance then consider those short stroke absorbers like APM Performax ones and pair it with sports springs. APM Performax is a little bit low but it's pretty solid.

If you're looking for looks and coilovers on a budget then HWL is the way to go. Forget about hilo and go for hilosofthard. Hilo no matter what people say will be bumpy. HLSH is definitely better in terms of control, soft when you want it (to some extent) and hard when you want it.

If you're rich and has a huge budget, then a combination like Koni Yellow + Eibach sports springs is very good. It'll cost as much as a coilover but it will handle like a dream without being harsh like a coilover.

If you're really rich then go for custom made suspension like from PRS, RDS, Premium, Claws, Titan, etc.
Thx a lot for your explanation!!!!

My target is only KYB & APM perfomax only.

Juz curious about how low will apm perfomax be?
If front is around 2 & 2 half finger gap I can live with it.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Thx a lot for your explanation!!!!

My target is only KYB & APM perfomax only.

Juz curious about how low will apm perfomax be?
If front is around 2 & 2 half finger gap I can live with it.
Then you can skip the APM Performax. Back then when I was using it + springs and I was using 195/50/15 tyres, I had zero finger gap. It was too low, scraped every bump.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Then you can skip the APM Performax. Back then when I was using it + springs and I was using 195/50/15 tyres, I had zero finger gap. It was too low, scraped every bump.
Wah this is slam rather then lowered already. Hahahahaha. I ask those selling APM perfomax guys they said Front & rear is 3 finger gap if use both Perfomax Abs & spring. Not sure is it true.LoL

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
No. I want to survey 1st. What stock height for these wira?
My expectations height for the car after swap the ABS & spring 3 finger gap front like that.
You can google to see wira height.
If coilover get with spring 6k front, 4k rear.
HLSH+bodyshift (make your life easy adjusting height)
OR mix n match shocks+spring as suggested by sifu here.
All depend on your budget + your purpose with Wira

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
You can google to see wira height.
If coilover get with spring 6k front, 4k rear.
HLSH+bodyshift (make your life easy adjusting height)
OR mix n match shocks+spring as suggested by sifu here.
All depend on your budget + your purpose with Wira
1.36m is what I get. Hahahahhaha
I will just get a set of Wira se abs & spring to use 1st. Then save up money to go BC fully adjustable I guess.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Staying ahead in the digital and social media age is one of the cardinal routes to success, hence Goodyear Malaysia has launched its very own iPhone application, the Goodyear Highway Helper, as well as revamp its website for the ease of its consumers.

The free downloadble application from the iTunes store provides quick...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience