Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
change the whole set lor... about RM1k.

already bought the Wira?
Yup,bought the 2nd one. Total is RM8k include insurance,roadtax those blah blah blah.
Have done the service.Everything is still fine. I juz wanna upgrade the brake because of safety & the brake feel really rubbish.Hahahahaha

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Yup,bought the 2nd one. Total is RM8k include insurance,roadtax those blah blah blah.
Have done the service.Everything is still fine. I juz wanna upgrade the brake because of safety & the brake feel really rubbish.Hahahahaha
If you have the chance, go test drive another wira of the same model, to see if it's the same rubbish brakes.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Will do so. Will try and ask my friend does he have any wira in the shop to let me test drive.
This is C97 model so I guess no abs?
If want to check for abs, look at the brake pipes from the servo. See if they lead outwards to the front of the car like mine.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
I guess it is because you're use to Honda brakes which are quite "makan".

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Indeed yes. Hahahahahahha.But this wira brake feel juz like my previous myvi.....need to tekan to the end baru makan...hahahhahaa
With drums brake at the rear, it needs to be properly adjustes to get better braking.
The different is night and day.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
With drums brake at the rear, it needs to be properly adjustes to get better braking.
The different is night and day.
Yup, agree. Properly adjusted at the drums, many short cut adjust the brake cable.......lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Indeed yes. Hahahahahahha.But this wira brake feel juz like my previous myvi.....need to tekan to the end baru makan...hahahhahaa
That's not normal. Wira brakes are generally pretty good in stock form.

- Service the brake servo and change the master pump and stick with ori. Upgrading to Evo pump is fine and all but you'll need to relearn how to brake as the pressure is significantly greater with the Evo one. Some people said it results in "on/off" brakes.
- Any Wira will be damn old so change all the brake lines to steel braided lines. Ori rubber lines will be so soft it expands very easily.
- Change to good brake pads. Avoid pads like metalking as they only bite after they warm up. Cold it's pretty useless.
- Consider upgrading to GSR calipers. The oil channels inside the GSR caliper isn't that much bigger than stock Wira so pedal feel doesn't change much. But the piston is much bigger so you get better bite.
- Upgrade the rears to discs from the Satria GTI or Putra. If you do this get both front and back if you haven't already bought the GSR front. GSR rears need some modification so avoid.
- Use DOT 4 or 5.1 oil.
- Flush your oil system and ensure there's no leak.

Reactions: minibeany

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Something wrong with my engine?

1.3 Gli Injection

1, 2 and 3 gear no prob

when cruising above 3k rpm on 4th and 5th

the engine checklight turns on

need some advise from u guys b4 sending it to the workshop
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience