Need suggestion : Malaysia Boleh workshop

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yah, was about to ask this also. Even turbo kit from speedworks, cheapest around RM8k, not including workmanship and other mods.....
Considering the insanity of the swap, one thing the dude seemingly has is money. Why worry? If he's ready for such a big task, I'm sure he's aware of the costing.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For the spectra 5, it is good. My wife really love it( did think of selling it off, but she refused.) This car fc is good.. a tank of 40 liter can go until 600km... Its just that, really lack of power. That's why i just want just a little bit push only...
But once you bump up it's power, fc most probably will go down.........lol

Reactions: lsm1991

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Considering the insanity of the swap, one thing the dude seemingly has is money. Why worry? If he's ready for such a big task, I'm sure he's aware of the costing.
If got RM, better off modding some popular cars, easy on parts, workmanship and so on......lol

Reactions: Mitevo7

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
This doesn’t make sense. Selling the car, money for the mod is enough to buy a new or used car without hassle.

Reactions: Izso

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
recently i also search for 4G93 easily RM8k. if the GSR-T will be easily RM10-12k. Transplant workmanship will be 4-5k. That doesn't include all the other misc like parts.

standby 30k for this kind of project... it is going to be a price for some other car
That seems a bit too high though. Guys in our Mark X club have done swaps to 3.0SC/3.5 engines and 'only' cost them around 15-20k already including swapping the transmission and long drive shaft. But yeah the message is the same, this kinds of swaps usually will end up pretty costly.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
That seems a bit too high though. Guys in our Mark X club have done swaps to 3.0SC/3.5 engines and 'only' cost them around 15-20k already including swapping the transmission and long drive shaft. But yeah the message is the same, this kinds of swaps usually will end up pretty costly.
demand vs supply, 4g93/63t engines~

all in a terbalik (e5) 4g63t conversion..... estimate about 13-15k to masuk my car (and thats a almost pnp chassis)

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
demand vs supply, 4g93/63t engines~

all in a terbalik (e5) 4g63t conversion..... estimate about 13-15k to masuk my car (and thats a almost pnp chassis)
Evo 4G63T I can understand but 4G93T should not be that expensive. Guys in our Mark X club bought the very rare Tom's 3.0 supercharge unit for just rm14k from Japan auction already including all wiring, gearbox and driveshaft ready to plug and play only. His total cost around 20k or even less all installed.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Evo 4G63T I can understand but 4G93T should not be that expensive. Guys in our Mark X club bought the very rare Tom's 3.0 supercharge unit for just rm14k from Japan auction already including all wiring, gearbox and driveshaft ready to plug and play only. His total cost around 20k or even less all installed.
4G93T and 4G93T CK layout prices is expensive. for 5k maybe you can get a 93T CK floor engine only.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha... Glad with all the infos... With the estimated pricing. Really appreciate it.

Well, frankly speaking that is one of the choice.... Haven't really decide yet... But mitsubishi it is... To be honest, i would really love to get an airtrek engine... But i might go down to a 4g93 single cam from a CK or similar...
Why not just sell... Well... I just made a stupid vow to myself... Not to change car within this 2 years... Coz the past 2 years... Just sold of estima, then took a perdana with rvr turbo then spectra 5 and mazda etude. Oh ya and a celica. Carens just recently bought and i am really disappointed with the fc. Really bad choice did i do... Regrets...

For the spectra 5, it is good. My wife really love it( did think of selling it off, but she refused.) This car fc is good.. a tank of 40 liter can go until 600km... Its just that, really lack of power. That's why i just want just a little bit push only...

But then again... Starting this thread is more of finding those kind of workshop. I know they exist... But where... Used to know a few in Melaka and Selangor. But some of them close, due to owner pass away... Some change place but I don't know where... some... I dare not to go anymore... Coz... The price went sky high after they got reputation...
Wife's car no need to mess around much la. FC good but install SC then surely go south already. She will probably also complain why engine becomes noisy. Like one of our Mark X Club guys also, he installed SC kit but only used very shortly as the wife keeps complaining that suddenly the car sounds so noisy with all the whining and swooshing. Now that my Mark X I give to my wife to drive, I also stop thinking to mod it already coz she won't appreciate it!

Btw weird choices of cars you have there.

Reactions: minibeany

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Like Mark-X... nearly bought it
It is also as highly stolen car too. My friend lost his and couldn't recover... i chicken to buy liao...

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
Wife's car no need to mess around much la. FC good but install SC then surely go south already. She will probably also complain why engine becomes noisy. Like one of our Mark X Club guys also, he installed SC kit but only used very shortly as the wife keeps complaining that suddenly the car sounds so noisy with all the whining and swooshing. Now that my Mark X I give to my wife to drive, I also stop thinking to mod it already coz she won't appreciate it!

Btw weird choices of cars you have there.

My wife used to drive perdana rvr turbo, and estima supercharge. She love the spectra 5, but she also complaint of pick up too slow.

And for noises, i think she's used to it.:laugh:

As for the car choices... Well... It's just hard to explain.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My wife used to drive perdana rvr turbo, and estima supercharge. She love the spectra 5, but she also complaint of pick up too slow.

And for noises, i think she's used to it.:laugh:

As for the car choices... Well... It's just hard to explain.
We got another speed demon on hand.........hahhahhahaha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Nah.. the 63T is cheaper than the 93T purely because Protons can't use the 63T in most of their chassis anymore. So demand for the 93T at one point of time was high causing price to go up.

We got another speed demon on hand.........hahhahhahaha
You know my ex e36? The new owners wife drives it around and speeds like mad and boosts around a lot.

Reactions: 6UE5t and lsm1991

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
yep.... the 93 cost basically as much as the 63 just because its the legal limit

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How much work am i looking at to fit a ver.7 Brembos on a satria (both 4pot-frnt/2pot-rear)..? :bike:
I was wondering Cause the sti's brembo caliper mounts on the back-end of rotor compared to Evos that mounts them on front-end of rotor like most FWD brake.

Other than having to use a wheel dat fits.. wat bout the caliper mounting brackets etc.
Is it actually impossible? any experience on this kind of conversions..? :hmmmm:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience