Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Eh, I thought the first car had better paint job. Anyway, if roof's paint is very new (less than 18 months), I suggest you examine it closer.

Yup, it's true. I do have a phobia about Wira roofs :biggrin:
I think both are the same to me for the paint job. Both roof paint are still nice. The 2nd car interior roof is been rewrap with PU and looks nice though.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I think both are the same to me for the paint job. Both roof paint are still nice. The 2nd car interior roof is been rewrap with PU and looks nice though.
Thing is the rust eat the metal from the inside. The surface rust can be sanded off, lay some filler then repaint. The cause of the rust is still there.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Eh, I thought the first car had better paint job. Anyway, if roof's paint is very new (less than 18 months), I suggest you examine it closer.

Yup, it's true. I do have a phobia about Wira roofs :biggrin:
I sold my wira off because of the rusty roof.......lol

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
I sold my wira off because of the rusty roof.......lol
Ah my nissan sentra b13 also has bubbles on the roof. I can get a donor roof without rust, strip off all the old glue, and install new roof on my car. Around rm500 without paint. Now still delaying this. My current roof already have one lubang. Filled up the hole and put sticker for now. But still not sure if install second hand roof it can last few years or not. If it cannot last i will just put carbon fiber sticker on my current roof and forget about it.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ah my nissan sentra b13 also has bubbles on the roof. I can get a donor roof without rust, strip off all the old glue, and install new roof on my car. Around rm500 without paint. Now still delaying this. My current roof already have one lubang. Filled up the hole and put sticker for now. But still not sure if install second hand roof it can last few years or not. If it cannot last i will just put carbon fiber sticker on my current roof and forget about it.
The join part at the pillars need welding. right? Scare that part will rust also.....

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
The join part at the pillars need welding. right? Scare that part will rust also.....
I am not sure how he will do it. If welding is done properly, sand off and painted..shouldnt rust back as long as the metals dont have any rust right?
U tried to save your wira roof?

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I am not sure how he will do it. If welding is done properly, sand off and painted..shouldnt rust back as long as the metals dont have any rust right?
Wira roof easy to safe. Just pay money. Roughly 1.2K to replace with new roof. Does not include painting. Main question is whether it's worth doing so?

Last edited:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Wira roof easy to safe. Just pay money. Roughly 1.2K to replace with new roof. Does not include painting. Main question is whether it's worth doing so?
Nope...thats why we see wira with either bubbles on the roof or sticker to cover the holes.
Its a simple A to B car but the cost to replace the roof is too much for such car.

Last time my mum wira got its roof panel replaced. No paint, we just apply a layer of rubber paint black in colour to it.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
thats why we see wira with either bubbles on the roof or sticker to cover the holes..
Trouble with wrap or stickers, is that if the underlying roof panel is continuing to rust underneath, the rust will soon breakout from underneath the wrap, damaging it

I feel perhaps they should consider fixing the rust first before using wrap

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Nope...thats why we see wira with either bubbles on the roof or sticker to cover the holes.
Its a simple A to B car but the cost to replace the roof is too much for such car.

Last time my mum wira got its roof panel replaced. No paint, we just apply a layer of rubber paint black in colour to it.
How much did the roof panel replacement costs? Once replaced, no more problems right?

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Trouble with wrap or stickers, is that if the underlying roof panel is continuing to rust underneath, the rust will soon breakout from underneath the wrap, damaging it

I feel perhaps they should consider fixing the rust first before using wrap
The problem is the whole roof is usually infected with rust. Repairing one area wont guarantee other area wont start rusting soon

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You can paint the exterior, but if the joint is at the pillar the interior cannot paint, and rust can come from there.

I did try to save the roof. When I saw small bubbles came out, I had them rectified. My spray painter grind it down to bare metal from the top, paint anti rust, putty, primer and paint. For the interior he remove the roof cloth and scrap out the gum, grind out to bare metal. paint anti rust paint, gum back with different gum, and paint and hook up back the roof cloth lining. It worked for 6 months or so only, then the small bubbles were back. I Intended to keep but since the bubbles came back, sold off.......lol

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
How much did the roof panel replacement costs? Once replaced, no more problems right?
I was recently quoted 1.2K
The last time I had mine replaced was more than a decade ago. So far havent seen any rust

But check the work before they paint. Make sure they didnt give you a used roof from another car. Those require putty work and this will likely result in new paint cracking soon

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
I was recently quoted 1.2K

The last time I had mine replaced was more than a decade ago. So far havent seen any rust

But check the work before they paint. Make sure they didnt give you a used roof from another car. Those require putty work and this will likely result in new paint cracking soon
U got a new roof? I thought all roof comes from a donor car, hence it is usually a used roof?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Focal Point would like to wish all our muslim customers, supporters and loyalists SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI. Drive safely. Share your love and kindness everywhere. Have a good celebration. Thank you for the solid support. Cheers!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience