Civic radiator

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Nothing that I am aware of.. i think the car has travelled around 5000km without thermostat until now.
it'll be a slow and painful death. Piston rings, valve guides, cylinder walls, etc. Unless the fella runs really really good oil la. Then it'll be a very very long but eventual painful death

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
it'll be a slow and painful death. Piston rings, valve guides, cylinder walls, etc. Unless the fella runs really really good oil la. Then it'll be a very very long but eventual painful death
Not unless he's the sort who warms up his engine slowly .. like 10 minutes before each drive

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Not unless he's the sort who warms up his engine slowly .. like 10 minutes before each drive
Not really. There are those who use thick oil like 20W50 or which kinda isn't that great when cold. Even the warming up process still starts off when cold so the quicker the oil reaches operating temp the better it is overall. If it takes longer the wear is still there even if the car is stationary.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
ok yes... im also thinking to do top overhaul soon, seems have some oil leaking at the distributor area.
Distributor o ring enaf dee. If you are handy , you can change the thermostat yourself. Back in my proton saga days I was experimenting with drilled standard thermostat and SARD racing thermostat. I opened up the thermostat housing repeatedly and put it back lol..

Reactions: parakey

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Distributor o ring enaf dee. If you are handy , you can change the thermostat yourself. Back in my proton saga days I was experimenting with drilled standard thermostat and SARD racing thermostat. I opened up the thermostat housing repeatedly and put it back lol..
not just that, some white smoke also coming out now. haven't check the oil reduce or not, will check when engine is cold this weekend morning. i suspect some reduction.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
not just that, some white smoke also coming out now. haven't check the oil reduce or not, will check when engine is cold this weekend morning. i suspect some reduction.
My hyundai also got white smoke dy. Now using 20w50 oil and dump in bottle of no smoke......lol

iameternal

Known Member
May 16, 2019
come to think about it, i cant really remember since when my neo temperature started to goes up slower than usual when cold start...

last time i use engine oil like 10w40, 10w30, and the cold start temperature go up quite fast

now after engine start to have noise and so on (after 11 years), i actually change to 15w50 for awhile, then now use 5w50, but the cold start temperature still go up slowly, so now usually i will wait a while before moving the car

cant use back 30 or 40 oil cause engine will be super noisy, tappet noise if not mistaken

any advice? or just leave it as it is..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all, got this problem after transplant to 6a12TT. My car now like not enough voltage, everytime I open door, my alarm system auto switch on hazard light (both signal lamp blinking)..when that happen, all inside-car lamp,clock,warning light keep fade in-fade out following that hazard light.According Volt meter in my Apexi TT,reading are 13.5-14.0 with engine idling. And when I keep pressing my auto window..voltage drop 1 by 1 till 13.0...I got pivot raisin VS installed but no G-cable as my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience