Civic radiator

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
actually i have the thermostat completely removed without replacement now. after reading a few articles, i think I will buy a new thermostat and install it back soon. huhu
Why did you have your's removed? My mechanic had mine removed and I was puzzled why the car's temp remained on the cool side. In the end, I gave him a earful and had him fit a new one in.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Why did you have your's removed? My mechanic had mine removed and I was puzzled why the car's temp remained on the cool side. In the end, I gave him a earful and had him fit a new one in.
that time i dont have knowledge about thermostat. so, just listen to what mechanic said. so, next service, will buy 1 and get it fitted. Is it standard thermostat for wira/satria right, doesnt matter 1.3, 1.5 or 1.6? I wana ask here first before consult the car sparepart shop, at least I go buy the thermostat with some knowledge. Mine is 1.6

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
that time i dont have knowledge about thermostat. so, just listen to what mechanic said. so, next service, will buy 1 and get it fitted. Is it standard thermostat for wira/satria right, doesnt matter 1.3, 1.5 or 1.6? I wana ask here first before consult the car sparepart shop, at least I go buy the thermostat with some knowledge. Mine is 1.6
The thermostat is there for a reason.....lol

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
the con of running without one is your car will take longer to warm up...
My previous 3rd car was running without one, not to say longer to warm up, but actually hard to warm up and if rain really cold......lol

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
My previous 3rd car was running without one, not to say longer to warm up, but actually hard to warm up and if rain really cold......lol
ahh oil cooler without its own thermostat, same issue, takes forever to warm up in the rain

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
but if i go to spare part shop, asking for satria thermostat, it will be the same right all wira/satria model?
in case some model big size or small size, the same case with oil filter.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
but if i go to spare part shop, asking for satria thermostat, it will be the same right all wira/satria model?
in case some model big size or small size, the same case with oil filter.
Thermostat should be one size, but Proton oil filter actually have big and small......lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Heres the answer to all your minor dents, bumps, bruises and scratches... say good-bye to them as Dr. Dent The Automotive Perfectionist is here to restore your rides away from dents and bruises.

Call Williard Yong at 012 238 1010 for a free consultation
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience