Civic radiator

iameternal

Known Member
May 16, 2019
Seen a few EG/EH some with "long" radiator and some with "short" radiator

Can i know why is it so? which is stock and which is modify or swap from other car?

which is better ?

thanks again sifu

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
Including myself in this post as I was about to ask for overheating solutions for my eg.. oil temp and water temp shoots up if I drive slow or in traffic jam.. FYI I’m using the SARD radiator (short one)
If im not wrong, during the days the stock radiator would be the short ones, and the long ones was from an integra? That was what I’ve been told
Seen a few EG/EH some with "long" radiator and some with "short" radiator

Can i know why is it so? which is stock and which is modify or swap from other car?

which is better ?

thanks again sifu

iameternal

Known Member
May 16, 2019
Including myself in this post as I was about to ask for overheating solutions for my eg.. oil temp and water temp shoots up if I drive slow or in traffic jam.. FYI I’m using the SARD radiator (short one)
If im not wrong, during the days the stock radiator would be the short ones, and the long ones was from an integra? That was what I’ve been told

b18cr.PNG

found this half cut, looks like the long one is from dc2, answer my own question... haha

Reactions: Izso and Ranjanmax

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hahaha cheers man.. now the only question left is mine.. overheating and cannot enjoy Penang touge ady :(
Need to check your radiator fan, whether running or running at correct speed, whether thermostat opening fully, radiator flow, water pump etc...

But you say drive slow and in jam, now touge also overheat?

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
last time my satria same problem, high temp during jam/slow moving, thermostat jam already, didn't fully open.

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
Need to check your radiator fan, whether running or running at correct speed, whether thermostat opening fully, radiator flow, water pump etc...

But you say drive slow and in jam, now touge also overheat?
Yep.. drive to hard means oil temp rise water temp go down..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Short / long - in Protons usually means short rad = manual car rad. The long one usually taken from auto.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
actually i have the thermostat completely removed without replacement now. after reading a few articles, i think I will buy a new thermostat and install it back soon. huhu

Reactions: parakey

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
actually i have the thermostat completely removed without replacement now. after reading a few articles, i think I will buy a new thermostat and install it back soon. huhu
the con of running without one is your car will take longer to warm up...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

*Work based on existing GSM/GPRS network and GPS satellites,this product can locate and monitor your car by SMS or GPRS.

Cheap & Reliable , No contract , No monthly Fees , No wiring!!

*Applications-Rental Vehicle,Protect the child/old/the disabled,Protect businessmen,Personnel management.

Functions:...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience