1jz E36 BMW frankensteining

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
You make it sound like your cars a disco at night when you drive. Hahaha!
Haha !! My car is gauge free !! I don't even know what boost am i running currently. My weird electrical issues before are dimming lights, slow rolling power windows, weak response, RPM constantly died on itself. Now all the above sort of solved, headlights still dimming, my mechanic recommend me to convert to LED as old style Halogen takes alot juice.

Thanks,
Ken

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Haha !! My car is gauge free !! I don't even know what boost am i running currently. My weird electrical issues before are dimming lights, slow rolling power windows, weak response, RPM constantly died on itself. Now all the above sort of solved, headlights still dimming, my mechanic recommend me to convert to LED as old style Halogen takes alot juice.

Thanks,
Ken
no no nonononoonononono...
dont shove any aftermarket led/hid bulb into stock halogen headlamp....

a very big no...

gain glare for not improving any of your actual driving light needs....

do atleast projector retrofit..even the cheapest mini H1 bi-xenon (hi-low) projector would be a much better upgrade than replacing halogen bulb with led/hid...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
no no nonononoonononono...
dont shove any aftermarket led/hid bulb into stock halogen headlamp....

a very big no...

gain glare for not improving any of your actual driving light needs....

do atleast projector retrofit..even the cheapest mini H1 bi-xenon (hi-low) projector would be a much better upgrade than replacing halogen bulb with led/hid...
Yah! halogen reflectors does not work with led bulbs..........:smokin:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Yah! halogen reflectors does not work with led bulbs..........:smokin:
Not quite, i installed it on my Lancer with H7 Halogen reflector, the brightness and distance covered is great and passed every JPJ roadblock at night !

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Not quite, i installed it on my Lancer with H7 Halogen reflector, the brightness and distance covered is great and passed every JPJ roadblock at night !
u never knew how many ppl in the car from oncoming traffic cursing you..

try drive up to a flat wall and see your headlight beam pattern...was it on the left or the right kind of beam pattern in this picture

even on halogen reflector...the oem original good condition headlight still do have obvious "cut-off" line visible like on the right... and good hotspot in the middle near the cut-off line...

if the cut-off line is blurry and many light streak shining upwards, means thats the glare...and total not acceptable to be used on the road...

**cut-off line pattern depends on LHD/RHD and or EU or DOT pattern...
**example of cut-off line pattern:
1- RHD EU \___

2- LHD EU ___/

3- RHD DOT -----\____

4- LHD DOT ____/-----

this applied to reflector based and projector based headlight...

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Also what color temp light you using? 4.3K below should be fine, higher I am sure cannot pass. My friend use halogen bulb 6k already kena.....lol

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Also what color temp light you using? 4.3K below should be fine, higher I am sure cannot pass. My friend use halogen bulb 6k already kena.....lol
4.3k :) ... the beam is tilted slightly downwards ... i don't need range but wide angle of the beam.

Thanks,
Ken

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Hi All,

It's been quite a while since my last post, good news to bring is i have rectified the RPM cluster intermittent turned off issue, just some messed up wire connections, but paid 150 smackers to get it all fixed up.

Mods done:
1.) Front, 343 mm disc rotor with OEM M3 brake caliper, rear stock system but upgraded brake pad and disc rotor with made in Germany brand (forgot the damn name)
2.) Front 26 mm adjustable ARB, rear 23 mm adjustable ARB (should be Eibach due to i got it out from a junked E46).

Tuning done:
1.) TPS readjust and realigned - higher and more stable idiling, better throttle response and slightly improved acceleration

Verdict:
1.) Braking power is superb and no visible sliding at the rear, most people with upgraded front brake system will experience this if they leave the rear brake system untouched.
2.) Steering turns sharper with higher precision into and out from corners, lesser oversteer symptoms and very stable rear end. High speed turning is like on rail eventhough i am on shitty tyres.
3.) Acceleration improved again, turbo boost seems to be more optimized for some reason.

Next Mods:
1.) Enable sequential mode - 800 smackers
2.) Better tyres - Unknown smackers

Thanks,
Ken

Reactions: Izso

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
u never knew how many ppl in the car from oncoming traffic cursing you..

try drive up to a flat wall and see your headlight beam pattern...was it on the left or the right kind of beam pattern in this picture

even on halogen reflector...the oem original good condition headlight still do have obvious "cut-off" line visible like on the right... and good hotspot in the middle near the cut-off line...

if the cut-off line is blurry and many light streak shining upwards, means thats the glare...and total not acceptable to be used on the road...

**cut-off line pattern depends on LHD/RHD and or EU or DOT pattern...
**example of cut-off line pattern:
1- RHD EU \___

2- LHD EU ___/

3- RHD DOT -----\____

4- LHD DOT ____/-----

this applied to reflector based and projector based headlight...
Sorry to reply this late, i think its more to the right but a little to the left, i would say 70% look like the right beam. I even looked at it while having my Lancer driving behind me to check the beam, it seems pretty acceptable and not bright as shit like old times HID.

Thanks,
Ken

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Next Mods:
1.) Enable sequential mode - 800 smackers
2.) Better tyres - Unknown smackers

Thanks,
Ken
Tyres if okay, use until you feel uncomfortable with them.......lol
Got budget smackers and wallet clearer also......hahhahhaha

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Tyres if okay, use until you feel uncomfortable with them.......lol
Got budget smackers and wallet clearer also......hahhahhaha
This freaking tyre is all good but with minor vibrations on steering wheel, this sort of tyre need onwheel balancing which around my area doesn't have and i am too cheap to pay for balancing the tyre for over 20 bucks. Haha

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
This freaking tyre is all good but with minor vibrations on steering wheel, this sort of tyre need onwheel balancing which around my area doesn't have and i am too cheap to pay for balancing the tyre for over 20 bucks. Haha
Are your rims a perfect fit to the hub? Did you install center cone?
Previously I had this problem also. The tyre shop boss where i do my balancing, he always centralized the rims for me. Later on he manage to measure and find me some center cones. Nowadays no problem at all with balancing vibration.
On wheel balancing is good, but problem is, every time you need to remove your wheels for any repairs, the balancing runs and need to re-balance. Now on Off wheel balancing, I have no problems at all.....

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Are your rims a perfect fit to the hub? Did you install center cone?
Previously I had this problem also. The tyre shop boss where i do my balancing, he always centralized the rims for me. Later on he manage to measure and find me some center cones. Nowadays no problem at all with balancing vibration.
On wheel balancing is good, but problem is, every time you need to remove your wheels for any repairs, the balancing runs and need to re-balance. Now on Off wheel balancing, I have no problems at all.....
I am using BMW original rims for E46, and no i didn't install any center cone. Some tyres like Falken Ziew 914 will never be balanced off wheel, it has to be done on wheel. This shitty Membat Passion tyres are good for grip but shitty in terms of comfort.

Thanks,
Ken

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I am using BMW original rims for E46, and no i didn't install any center cone. Some tyres like Falken Ziew 914 will never be balanced off wheel, it has to be done on wheel. This shitty Membat Passion tyres are good for grip but shitty in terms of comfort.

Thanks,
Ken
ZE-914 are Falken Ziex mid tyres only, should try Falken Azenis range FK510

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can anyone pls help me, i have done twice top overhall hall...for my vitara 1.6, 8 valve 3 door....when i drive my car just after 1 week after change all...quarter is lost of the black oil...im fustrated...pls help need advice :bawling:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience