Cheap tyre

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I remember back then when I was using the old Achilles normal range tyres in my old Wira and they lasted 3 years pure city driving, thread was still very good and everything seemed good. Stupid tyre had a damn high threadwear (something like 400 or something). One day I drove it on the North-South highway and it exploded just when I hit 120km/h. Thank god I didn't lose it and crash into something. Swapped out the spare and went to Nilai to change to the Bridgestone MY02 cuz it was the only one they had.... another blundering idiotic mistake.
I remember that MY-01 and MY-02. BS even called them Sporty Style, not Sport tyres mind you......lol

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Many brands will come out with a cheap version of low end UHP just to make sales.
Another bad one is the Falken ZE-522......lol
i hope s1 noble is a not a bad choice, coz already invest in it changed all 4 tyres recently, 18" some more... huhu

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, as the rubber compound hardens with age and heat, there will be fine crack lines around the tread pattern. This is still safe but traction with be less. If the sidewall have fine crack lines appearing, then it is time to change them.
Also keep the tyres inflated at the correct pressure. Any low air pressure will flex the tyre sidewall more and this can cause it to explode.....
These are how my current tyres look like. Planning to go a bit far out of Ipoh next week, wonder if it is okay? Not using highway but trunk roads. I think there are some tiny fine crack lines around thread pattern.

Attachments

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
These are how my current tyres look like. Planning to go a bit far out of Ipoh next week, wonder if it is okay? Not using highway but trunk roads. I think there are some tiny fine crack lines around thread pattern.
Goodyear Duraplus in the rear and the Viking Citytech in front?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Looks like 4 yo tires?

I will change them, esp those viking is like a slick tire in the rain when it harden.
The viking on my blm got plenty of thread left but already 4yo...damn noisy and bad in the rain..easily skate on the surface.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Next round probably V12 Evo 3 out already.......hhahahhaha
yeah.. lets see... each tyre model, how long generally before the maker introduce a new model? like XM1 going into XM2... is it around 7 years? or less? maybe no definitive answer for that

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Speaking of which - The Super Saga needs new front tyres. Acanta right? I will go there directly to change. No time to shop around
Yup, for extreme tyres, they should have plenty of choices, and nearer to your place also......

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yeah.. lets see... each tyre model, how long generally before the maker introduce a new model? like XM1 going into XM2... is it around 7 years? or less? maybe no definitive answer for that
Probably see how the tyres are doing. If do ok, better not change too soon......hhahahhahaha

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Basically is 5 years, Michelin, I read somewhere they mention 6 years, but also got to see where. Hot climate like ours I doubt can go 6 years unless like you keep wira locked up in garage.....lol
My Goodyear Asy2 from EU, about 5 years, my GT Radial from Indonesia I would say 4 years they start to crack.
How the F you guys keep your tyre life so long ? The longest i can maintain one set of tyres are 2 years !

Thanks,
Ken

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

More information on the upcoming GT-R’s engine code, power output characteristics, FM platform and improved head light technology before its official debut at the 40th Tokyo Motor Show in less than 3 months time provided by Japanese automotive magazine "Holiday Auto".

Engine Code: VR38

Peak Power: 480ps/6,800rpm
Peak Torque: 58.0kgm/1,700 -...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience