Should i get a 180sx?

iameternal

Known Member
May 16, 2019
Personally i would recommend to go for it if you able to answer yourself some questions:

1.) How long i will be owning the 180SX? Is it going to be momento that you want to pass on?
2.) How much money i am willing to spend on it?
3.) Is it going to be garage queen, just park at home or semi daily drive (you can't daily a high performance car especial manual one)
4.) What condition is acceptable ? Lots of dents, faulty engines that require lots of car, dirty interior, messed up wiring (worse nightmare)

Thanks,

1.) How long i will be owning the 180SX? Is it going to be momento that you want to pass on?
if you ask me now, my answer is nvr going to sell it...haha

for start maybe around 15k, then later it will depend how far i want to go

3.) Is it going to be garage queen, just park at home or semi daily drive (you can't daily a high performance car especial manual one)
semi daily !

4.) What condition is acceptable ? Lots of dents, faulty engines that require lots of car, dirty interior, messed up wiring (worse nightmare)
as stock as possible and without major accident...that is the least

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
As stock as possible for a 180SX, unless you are getting someone to find you one in Japan, i would say its very unlikely within local.Expand yourself outside of Penisular, i think you might have a shot in finding one in East Malaysia too.

Thanks,
Ken

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Oh trust me.. that's not your worst nightmare. A cracked chassis is and if the car has been drifted before (with accidents) then it's very likely going to happen and impossible to physically see and even test driving it's a 50-50

for start maybe around 15k, then later it will depend how far i want to go
Bro, I hope you got a huge slush fund because 15k is barely enough to get the car back to road-worthiness. Assuming you buy a decent condition car that wasn't drifted and was just in some minor bumps and knocks - that kinda condition car will be cheapest at best RM70k. Then touch up here, replace this, service that, will set you back 2k to 8k depending on what needs to be done. That's the best case scenario!

Anyway just be absolutely thorough in your car checking when you do view it and don't buy based on feel. Bring a mech to inspect for you (pay the fella) and get a second opinion whenever you can. 180sx can either be a dream or a nightmare to own.

iameternal

Known Member
May 16, 2019
Oh trust me.. that's not your worst nightmare. A cracked chassis is and if the car has been drifted before (with accidents) then it's very likely going to happen and impossible to physically see and even test driving it's a 50-50

Bro, I hope you got a huge slush fund because 15k is barely enough to get the car back to road-worthiness. Assuming you buy a decent condition car that wasn't drifted and was just in some minor bumps and knocks - that kinda condition car will be cheapest at best RM70k. Then touch up here, replace this, service that, will set you back 2k to 8k depending on what needs to be done. That's the best case scenario!

Anyway just be absolutely thorough in your car checking when you do view it and don't buy based on feel. Bring a mech to inspect for you (pay the fella) and get a second opinion whenever you can. 180sx can either be a dream or a nightmare to own.

after you say all these, i feel like i am out of budget...haha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
after you say all these, i feel like i am out of budget...haha
I'm just being realistic bro. Don't make the mistakes I made in the past cuz money loss is no fun once you're forced into selling your hard work because you couldn't afford to continue.

iameternal

Known Member
May 16, 2019
I'm just being realistic bro. Don't make the mistakes I made in the past cuz money loss is no fun once you're forced into selling your hard work because you couldn't afford to continue.
i guess i need to rethink about all this after all..haha

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Yes please do, 180SX is a rare gem, but too bad for its reputation, a lot of them have been used as drifter machines or worse, touge drifters. It will be hard to get a decent condition. Take my friend's example, bought a EVO3 converted Putra 2 months back, not even own it for 2 weeks, the engine suffered balancing shaft issue, the valves were GG ! This is due to carelessness of the previous owner. Although buying used car is like a bet, but best scenario is to minimize crap like those to happen.

Thanks,
Ken

Reactions: alcyon

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Go join forums, FB groups, etc and check Mudah prices on parts and perishable bits and bobs. Then estimate a full refresh cost for a car you'll be buying then only look at your bank account. Add on about 2-3k extra just in case you missed something or miscalculated and then only decide if you can really afford to buy one.

I can guarantee any car you buy used will need a full service or some level of refresh done on it.

duhill

Known Member
Oct 21, 2005
Yo bro, here's one super stock 180sx in Malaysia as of 2019 :banana:
The mileage is only 12+km since new. Still running CA18DET, stock interior...

Reactions: Izso and alcyon

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

need u guys help urgently, i just bought a control panel and something look like a relay or resistance.its from lancer. only this two item, i heard can just plug n play to existing satria dashboard. if can install, which button cannot be use from the control panel? how much is the cost to install it? recommend me a mechanic pls. my phone num 013-3973088.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience