Did I make a financial mistake buying an EG?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
i had a kelisa... spent almost an EG sedan price....

sold kelisa and bought EG hatch....spent almost another EG sedan price.

sold EG n bought pink myvi. spent 0 and bought a big bike instead. spent about RM4-5k on bike...living a happy life.

so learn from my mistake...skip all that and buy a bike HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

(preferably with a pink myvi as ur weekend ride)

Last edited:
Reactions: alcyon

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
if he buy evo, he'll spent another evo money on it.
His current car is rocket already, lol...
Real Evo is always better. No matter how much you spent or do on a Wira or normal Lancer, it will never be the same as a real Evo. Same like those who spend so much on their normal Civics, it'll never be the same like the real Type R.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Reactions: 6UE5t

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
I know some JDM kaki woh.......hhahahhahahahaha
There are 2 types of JDM guys. The purists who strictly stick to the term Japanese Domestic Market (That means a vellfire or alphard is also JDM )and those types that think slamming and stancing or bosozoku-ing a car is JDM.

Reactions: Izso

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Okay I might get ignored or maybe get schooled by some of the shifus here about buying a Honda but here I go. Yes I bought a Honda eg6 with a b16b in it for quite the price.. wait for it, 37k! The mods arent much, spoon ecu,spoon intake,race clutch,pistons and head all stock,offset headers and that’s pretty much it I guess. Before y’all start just hear me out. I needed a screaming NA engine yes,not to drive like a ricer but really get the feel of vtec and the claims of the b16b being the most powerful 1.6 engine during the days before Nissan took over the tittle, thus explains why.. about the price, sometimes I really question myself with life decisions..
RM37k for a B16B EG6 is fine since your car does hold value and you've already paid fully for it isn't it? I suppose you paid it all out with cash? At least no monthly installment and interest rates to worry of. But at the end, your kind of car does hold value.

What a financial mistake would be is probably what I did with a car that is worth RM800 trade in price and I spent RM6k on it. RM6k not on any mods at all, only fixing and restoring the car back to stock condition. Before that project was completed, I was mocked and laughed upon by people regarding my decision to fix up that RM800 worth of junk car. But at the end, I'm fine and happy with the outcome from the RM6k spent on it even when the car is probably only worth RM2k trade in value now.

All in all, I'll say that the value of something actually lies on the view of the owner. Why bother about what others think if you're happy with what you've spent and the final outcome? It is a car for your own usage and enjoyment right? Your money, your car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is the ultimate luxury sports car. Not just any Aston, it is the Aston Martin DBS.

Powered by a V12 (510 horses, 420 lb-ft of torque), coupled with a complete restyling of every aspect. Carbon fiber is everywhere. The bodywork, in the car, cabin is accentuated with carbon fiber and detailed with fine leather finishing.

700 watt of Dolby Pro Logic II sound system, hard drive-based navigaion, Bluetooth integration...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience