Is it wise for me to buy these second hand cars?

jon360x

Dec 27, 2018
Hi just want to update that I've solved my Atos coolant leak. it has been a few days, no leak traces detected fingers crossed haha. I decided to fix it cuz one of the used cars I went to see was kind of a rust bucket. and show early signs of what my atos has been through. For now my atos is running fine without any problems. I was just thinking about servicing oil and maybe new tires at the front cuz it looks like its 40-50% worn out.

But I am still putting Neo and Swift on my list for slightly used cars and Iriz for new. If my atos has any more major repairs I will just go for that. Thanks all!

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Hi just want to update that I've solved my Atos coolant leak. it has been a few days, no leak traces detected fingers crossed haha. I decided to fix it cuz one of the used cars I went to see was kind of a rust bucket. and show early signs of what my atos has been through. For now my atos is running fine without any problems. I was just thinking about servicing oil and maybe new tires at the front cuz it looks like its 40-50% worn out.

But I am still putting Neo and Swift on my list for slightly used cars and Iriz for new. If my atos has any more major repairs I will just go for that. Thanks all!
Just get 2nd hand Iriz..its low market value really makes it a smart purchase.
Then again, not sure how much better the facelift iriz with hundreds of improvement as claimed by Proton.

Reactions: ixeo

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Just get 2nd hand Iriz..its low market value really makes it a smart purchase.
Then again, not sure how much better the facelift iriz with hundreds of improvement as claimed by Proton.
2nd hand iriz under warranty is best value.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

40 to 50% worn, still can use, unless you drive fast in wet.......lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Apart from what I mentioned I'm really leaning towards a Satria 1.6, 1.8 SOHC
:laugh:
Just read about your budget of RM15k for purchase and repair. A Satria 1.6 SOHC is very much possible here. Why do I said so? Is because recently I've been on a car restoration project myself.

I obtained a year 1999 Saga Iswara 1.3 Aeroback during the end of year 2017. That car had a lot of problems with it where the car is basically scrap yard worthy. I've been repairing and restoring the car to its original state since I took it on my hands. Until today which is about a year and a half, I've spent RM6.1k on it and now it is working better than ever before. RM6.1k is inclusive of several major repairs and even minor maintenance costs like oil changes. Now the car is reliable and problem free where I can drive it to anywhere that I want without any worries.

With a budget of RM15k, I believe you can buy a Satria 1.6 for RM6k or so and still have RM9k remaining to fix it all up. With RM9k to fix and restore the car, you can do a lot of things especially if you do up several things at one go where you can save some labor costs. My own RM6.1k of restoration costs takes place within a year where I'm fixing this and that from time to time during year 2018.

Reactions: vr2turbo and alcyon

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
What about the wira, you did it up too, right?
That one surely exceeded RM6k in these 5 years of usage inclusive of all wear and tear costs including things like oil changes, battery change. Maybe close to 10k I think but do note that it is the costs accumulated in 5 years time. I don't have a proper figure for it as I did not record down the amount that I spent during the earlier years.

Reactions: vr2turbo

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nowadays you switch cars to drive, since both are in running condition already......

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Nowadays you switch cars to drive, since both are in running condition already......
Yes. But all these while, Wira is fine for running condition with only small problems that don't have serious effects on running. Just that now Wira is often kept inside home, protecting it from sunlight and rain, hahaha.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Keep another 20 years.......lol
Very much possible considering how robust these 4G15 engine are. Even if rust came back on bodywork, still got ways to solve it. Is just a matter of spare parts availability and support in future.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Very much possible considering how robust these 4G15 engine are. Even if rust came back on bodywork, still got ways to solve it. Is just a matter of spare parts availability and support in future.
When the time comes, buy another car as spare parts, but if same part fail, sorry lah......hhahhahahhaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe width="335" height="250" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0mnP9rgQ_E4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Continuing from where we left off ----> How to install ICE part #1

Now that you've gotten your HU wiring figured out, it's time to fit in the power and speaker wires. I'm not fond of using the stock wiring mainly because :

#1 - It's too thin. Doesn't...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience