Did I make a financial mistake buying an EG?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I don't think i miss any point, if you read about my replies after yours i never talked about monetary value to begin with, only talk about the sentimental value that they possess. To possess a car such as AE86, the price should not be the primary decisive factor (if you have money), its the sentimental value you have towards it.

Btw from my exposure to car world, AE86 is lesser car cult than the Skylines and Supras, even the RX7s. I can safely say the Beemers E3x - E46 has even larger car cult compared to AE86.

Thanks,
Ken
The E30 and E46 etc have more people, but the AE86 ones are more hardcore.

I'm in love with the new Zupra in yellow.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
may be slow poke.... but to answer TS punya questions,

1/ if ori EG6 chassis, not bad la.. if converted EG6, a little over priced especially with that list of minimal mods
2/ if u bought it as weekend car and only go to places where u can literally park it in front of ur face, ok la taking (1) into consideration. if u bought it as a daily... risk of theft makes it totally not worth it.
3/ 200whp on a b16b? good luck. that takes alot of cash. cheapest way to go since u already have a b16b is to swap the block for a b20b and get a proper tune with crome at the very least. but with a b20b, reliability can be an issue.. so again.. good luck with that hahahahha

for point 2, my own experience, my hatch (avatar pic) was a weekend car.. but a major life change made it into a car that i have to take to places where i wont be able to have it in front of my face for hours (still not a daily, since i ride, but when i do drive, thats the situation im faced with)....and face the fear and worry of the car being stolen so i couldnt really enjoy my time.

so i sold it....with some losses of course.... and bought myself a myvi.... in pink. (que izso's screams of agony)

now i can park anywhere.... sometimes i even forget to lock the doors! HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA

peace of mind > vtec
Madma you are really mad, forgot to lock doors. If TS really got his hands on a Ori EG6, and he loves it to the bit, then its not financial mistake, as you are not supposed to view it as an investment, the car is part of you. At least that's how i look at my cars, all 3 of them represent a part of me. My friends and family can really see the cars i owned tell a part of me.

Thanks.
Ken

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Madma you are really mad, forgot to lock doors. If TS really got his hands on a Ori EG6, and he loves it to the bit, then its not financial mistake, as you are not supposed to view it as an investment, the car is part of you. At least that's how i look at my cars, all 3 of them represent a part of me. My friends and family can really see the cars i owned tell a part of me.

Thanks.
Ken
Honestly I also did forgot to lock my wife's Livina overnight while parked outside but nobody stole it, unfortunately!

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
The E30 and E46 etc have more people, but the AE86 ones are more hardcore.

I'm in love with the new Zupra in yellow.
E30-E46 also has lots of hardcore fans, alot of them are very low profile. I talked to one dude came in with 1UZ V8 swapped E36, met with my 1JZ swapped E46, honestly i thought we are going to drag it out and see whose faster hahaha.

But being over 30s and responsible dude, we just went for a cup of starbucks and call off the rivalry.

Thanks,
Ken

Reactions: Izso

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
E30-E46 also has lots of hardcore fans, alot of them are very low profile. I talked to one dude came in with 1UZ V8 swapped E36, met with my 1JZ swapped E46, honestly i thought we are going to drag it out and see whose faster hahaha.

Thanks,
Ken
I am guessing he probably have not endorsed the engine and still paying original roadtax cost ?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
I just need to rethink my whole life planning after reading someone sold an EG and replaced is with a PINK Myvi.
pink myvi is win.... jangan persoal

Thanks.
Ken
i dont see it as a financial mistake if he truly enjoys it either.. however, considering the extreme risk of theft, and used as a daily, its an extremely risky financial decision that can turn into a financial mistake, especially if its someone who doesnt have much finances to easily replace the car with something else. coz insurance coverage is also quite shit with these cars.

but if the question is about whether or not it was worth it paying that specific amount for that specific car, like i said, depends on my point 1 in previous post.for TS's reference, can see my previous car specs and pix here (which i sold for RM29k): http://tinyurl.com/jualbanshee

my EG hatch was never a financial mistake. i thoroughly enjoyed that car. but i sold it to avoid it being one and also for the peace of mind as well.

and if u ask me would i buy another one as a 2nd car and if no risk etc....its a yes and no.

yes coz they are amazing cars. so much fun and easy to get parts (albeit dwindling already)

no coz parts are expensive as fuck compared to other brands
no coz with the way honda guys are these days... id be embarassed to be labelled as "budak honda"...ive even left most of the fb groups coz i just menyampah already.

Reactions: Izso and alcyon

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
I am guessing he probably have not endorsed the engine and still paying original roadtax cost ?
I think more like being a consent adult, we are way pass the age of raging on the road eventhough we got faster cars now. Endorsed or not his ride, not sure.

Thanks,
Ken

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
pink myvi is win.... jangan persoal

i dont see it as a financial mistake if he truly enjoys it either.. however, considering the extreme risk of theft, and used as a daily, its an extremely risky financial decision that can turn into a financial mistake, especially if its someone who doesnt have much finances to easily replace the car with something else. coz insurance coverage is also quite shit with these cars.

but if the question is about whether or not it was worth it paying that specific amount for that specific car, like i said, depends on my point 1 in previous post.for TS's reference, can see my previous car specs and pix here (which i sold for RM29k): http://tinyurl.com/jualbanshee

my EG hatch was never a financial mistake. i thoroughly enjoyed that car. but i sold it to avoid it being one and also for the peace of mind as well.

and if u ask me would i buy another one as a 2nd car and if no risk etc....its a yes and no.

yes coz they are amazing cars. so much fun and easy to get parts (albeit dwindling already)

no coz parts are expensive as fuck compared to other brands
no coz with the way honda guys are these days... id be embarassed to be labelled as "budak honda"...ive even left most of the fb groups coz i just menyampah already.
Budak Honda ? Fan boys you meant ? Lots of Honda drivers i knew back then are jerks and douchebags in college, worshipped the Type Rs like king of street cars. Their mentality very ah beng and no class. But .... these kinds of jerks and douchebags get all the chicks and Lancer boy like me cry in corner :bawling:

Thanks,
Ken

Reactions: alcyon

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Budak Honda ? Fan boys you meant ? Lots of Honda drivers i knew back then are jerks and douchebags in college, worshipped the Type Rs like king of street cars. Their mentality very ah beng and no class. But .... these kinds of jerks and douchebags get all the chicks and Lancer boy like me cry in corner :bawling:

Thanks,
Ken
no not fanboys... honda owners....

come to think of it... fanboys too

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
may be slow poke.... but to answer TS punya questions,

1/ if ori EG6 chassis, not bad la.. if converted EG6, a little over priced especially with that list of minimal mods
2/ if u bought it as weekend car and only go to places where u can literally park it in front of ur face, ok la taking (1) into consideration. if u bought it as a daily... risk of theft makes it totally not worth it.
3/ 200whp on a b16b? good luck. that takes alot of cash. cheapest way to go since u already have a b16b is to swap the block for a b20b and get a proper tune with crome at the very least. but with a b20b, reliability can be an issue.. so again.. good luck with that hahahahha

for point 2, my own experience, my hatch (avatar pic) was a weekend car.. but a major life change made it into a car that i have to take to places where i wont be able to have it in front of my face for hours (still not a daily, since i ride, but when i do drive, thats the situation im faced with)....and face the fear and worry of the car being stolen so i couldnt really enjoy my time.

so i sold it....with some losses of course.... and bought myself a myvi.... in pink. (que izso's screams of agony)

now i can park anywhere.... sometimes i even forget to lock the doors! HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA

peace of mind > vtec
Where's that damn dislike button!!

But I understand your POV regarding the safety of the car. I once had a friend buy an original EG6 in stock form and complained about how worried he was it would be stolen. I told him about the hood lock, fuel cut and immobilizer (all aftermarket) and he went to get it installed at a shop I recommended. Good thing he did because the next day some dumbfuck actually broke into his car and drove off. But he only got one block before dying off in the middle of the road because of all the extra security he added on the day before. The thief couldn't open the hood to mess with the alarm and fuel cut so end up the car was just left there a block away in the middle of the road. Lucky for my friend.

And you'd have to pay me to steal a pink myvi with all it's doors open and keys in the ignition. Pay me a lot of money.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
That 'thing' abt Honda fanboys/owners still exist till today. For example, most Civic will be driven as if they are Type R. Then, only in Malaysia we have the City Type R.
Not to insult any modern Honda owners, but they must understand the model they are driving is econobox, especially City. Hate to see dumbasses tailgating from behind in those econobox.

Thanks,
Ken

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
That 'thing' abt Honda fanboys/owners still exist till today. For example, most Civic will be driven as if they are Type R. Then, only in Malaysia we have the City Type R.
not really wat i meant....they tend to cry like babies whenever they see someone say "fuck honda" or "honda sux" or anything of that sort...complete with screenshot and posting in group saying lets find this feller.. lets viral this feller bla bla bla bla bla...and the comments on these postings oso same shit....too bloody emo these days.

that and also thinking hondas are the most powerful car in the world.. the most top car in the world......thinking the fact that they drive a honda it means they super atas kinda ppl...

menyampah wei....these are the kinda things that made me embarassed to be called "budak honda".....

Reactions: alcyon

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

I am having difficulty in removing very very stubborn water spots on my windscreen. This is what i've already tried

1. white Vinegar 100% strength leave it for 5 mins.
2. Meguairs Water spot remover by hand and by rotary buffer
3. Clay with opc and meg's quik detailer.
4. scraping it with my finger nails. Doesn't come off!!
5. Meg's ultimate compound by hand.

Any advise is greatly appreciated :)

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience