10w50 would be the upper limit...

Is that another way of saying 10w50 is as desperate as it gets?
i'm not using 60 grade oil unless im going to race in endurance racing on a turbocharged car... lol...

even that, the correct quality of 10w50 oil usually works fine for that kind of application

es86

Feb 17, 2015
Hi bros, wawawa.. thks somuch on d feedbak on oiltype, havin a clearer ustdin bout it now haha
Bro vr2turbo, especisly dat castrol article, v useful, apreciate!
Bro parakey, i stilhav d handbok in d trunk haha, thks2previos owners..5w40 4fiatcoupe huh, okok wil remembe dat, tq
I thk iwil tryout difren oils, c how eachtype respon2myown drivinpatern, n wil eventualy find d bestype dat suits bes!
Speakin of oils.. ders anode ques dat hit mymind.. ok apart fr dis numbers 5w40 10w40 10w50 etc, ders anoder term dat idon ustd, wich is normal oil, semi n fuly synthetic.. cos i m like.. er.. wichtype d coupe sud use??
Lovlyday!

What type of oil is another story......lol
Mineral (group 1) basically is made from crude oil, SS (Group 2) is said to be a mixture of mineral and synth oil and FS, again comes in 3 groups. Group 3 is hydro cracked crude oil which can pass as FS, then there is Group 4 made of POA and Group 5 made of Ester. Of course price range differ from Croup 1 to 5.
Another difference between Mineral, SS and FS is the viscosity. Mineral usually on the heavier side, SS mid and FS very light like 0w.
Base of the oil price many change mineral at 5k km, SS at 7k and FS at 10k, but most say actually no difference. Some change FS at 5K also, up to individual....
Hope the above answers your query or maybe have confused you more.....hhahahhahahha

alcyon

Sep 13, 2015
For a performance car like yours just go FS. I highly recommend the Shell HELIX Ultra 5W-40 . If you find it on sale in TESCO or GIANT for under RM100 go grab a few bottles.

Reactions: ixeo

For a performance car like yours just go FS. I highly recommend the Shell HELIX Ultra 5W-40 . If you find it on sale in TESCO or GIANT for under RM100 go grab a few bottles.
My non high performance BLM now using that oil..RM99 for 4liter is too cheap to ignore. Even got 1 bottle spare in the store reserved for my another non high performance waja 1.8...hihihi.

I would say this is the best oil for the price..that if they do offer at RM99 lah. Last time when Tesco still sell Total i will buy it as got 5l packaging for semi 10-40w at RM76 only...

Nightstalker1993

Aug 30, 2010
dear bro parakey
waterpump changin inprogres, car stil in wokshop, datday it brokdown, gasket burn due2severaltimes overheatin, so its undergoin heart surgery ritenow haha
yaok iwil pos d foto later
aguy in d partshop advis dis coupe sud use 10/60 enginoil, bes option, isit true?
thks n sweetday
Your water pump condition actually looks alot better than I'd expected. Looks like it can still work well enough actually to at least prevent overheating. Is your issue solved yet after changing the water pump?

You may check your radiator fan see if it had became weak, and your radiator also if it is clogged.

My non high performance BLM now using that oil..RM99 for 4liter is too cheap to ignore. Even got 1 bottle spare in the store reserved for my another non high performance waja 1.8...hihihi.

I would say this is the best oil for the price..that if they do offer at RM99 lah. Last time when Tesco still sell Total i will buy it as got 5l packaging for semi 10-40w at RM76 only...
Giant was even cheaper at RM89, was even cheaper than their SS oil......lol

es86

Feb 17, 2015
hi bro nightstalker1993, infac my mechanic says ders leakin occur at waterpump, so we had it replace. rediator fan n ac fan alr replace earlier on, radiator oso servis alr, temp is ok ritenow
engin gasket oso replace due2previos overheatin damag
we change d break boster n masterpump s wel, cos previosly ders presure leak, can hear d sssss sound incar
curenly dcar is at electrician, 1of d powersuply2plugcoil not workin..
ido learn somthg dou.. realy.. uget wat u pay4..
oso remembe wat mymom always say, wen u get somthg, get a good1
sweetday n selamathariraya in advans!

es86

Feb 17, 2015
Higuys, slmyhariraya again2al our malaypals here..
Glad2infom dat ihav manag2get my coupe runnin again, electrical suply prob is solv, culprit is d defectiv ignition module, alr replace n workin fine ritenow
Wow itsbeen fewmonths myfiat has stay dorman, mygod.. misit sosomuch! N wen iwas bringin it out again, g.. itfeelslike reborn! Got d feelin like i 1st bought it! Soooooo goooooooood..
Temp oso loksfine, idle at90, hottes100, wen movin its70, i dono if its perfec but it feels alot beter dan b4
Bro vr2turbo, thksalot on d oiltype explanation, dou i certainly need som efort n time2diges it, but i basicaly can ustd wat u r sayin, apreciate!
Here idohav a ques bout d turbo, m i supos2hear a v loud pssss everytime i rev? Wen i 1st bot dcar, it wasnot soundin, afte few servises, d pssss sound apears at dbak of dcar n i enjoy it vmuch, but again, afte recen repairs, it kindof disapear.. misit somuch.. how actualy do i kno if d turbo is workin?
Thks n gday

Higuys, slmyhariraya again2al our malaypals here..
Glad2infom dat ihav manag2get my coupe runnin again, electrical suply prob is solv, culprit is d defectiv ignition module, alr replace n workin fine ritenow
Wow itsbeen fewmonths myfiat has stay dorman, mygod.. misit sosomuch! N wen iwas bringin it out again, g.. itfeelslike reborn! Got d feelin like i 1st bought it! Soooooo goooooooood..
Temp oso loksfine, idle at90, hottes100, wen movin its70, i dono if its perfec but it feels alot beter dan b4
Bro vr2turbo, thksalot on d oiltype explanation, dou i certainly need som efort n time2diges it, but i basicaly can ustd wat u r sayin, apreciate!
Here idohav a ques bout d turbo, m i supos2hear a v loud pssss everytime i rev? Wen i 1st bot dcar, it wasnot soundin, afte few servises, d pssss sound apears at dbak of dcar n i enjoy it vmuch, but again, afte recen repairs, it kindof disapear.. misit somuch.. how actualy do i kno if d turbo is workin?
Thks n gday
The pssst sound should be your blow valve if fitted with it. Closed system the release is piped back into your exhaust so no sound. The sound come when you release the throttle. If fitted and no sound, probably need some adjustment. If not fitted, should have no sound.......lol

hi everyone im a newbie here...i wana ask those pros out there,isit posible to convert my stock kancil 660 carb to kelisa 850 EFI?? im stil thinking about to converting the 850 twin cam n L2,which one will be beter??? thx