Best of the best engine oils

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
No wonder XV group mention RM45 for oil filter, can use proton ones.......lol
if uses the small campro size filter then can compare price with perodua kenari/kelisa filter before buying. Ori perodua filter is going for below RM10 and campro start at RM10. AMP brand is slightly cheaper.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
if uses the small campro size filter then can compare price with perodua kenari/kelisa filter before buying. Ori perodua filter is going for below RM10 and campro start at RM10. AMP brand is slightly cheaper.
Yah! remember Proton have the big and small filters. My hyundai Sonata uses the big one and VR using the small one. Proton ones was RM10 and 8, Unbranded one RM7 and 5......lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Yah! remember Proton have the big and small filters. My hyundai Sonata uses the big one and VR using the small one. Proton ones was RM10 and 8, Unbranded one RM7 and 5......lol
BTW, the small type and big type actually have the same thread size so u can used both type. If u notice the oil filter pic in my 4G54 top overhaul thread, it is using the big type which makes it looks odd as the ori type is small.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
BTW, the small type and big type actually have the same thread size so u can used both type. If u notice the oil filter pic in my 4G54 top overhaul thread, it is using the big type which makes it looks odd as the ori type is small.
serious arr can use both? when buying filter for my 1.6 satria, the guy at sparepart shop asked CC, so when I told him 1.6, its small one. if 1.5 or 1.3, big one. if both can use, why in the first place they have big and small one?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
serious arr can use both? when buying filter for my 1.6 satria, the guy at sparepart shop asked CC, so when I told him 1.6, its small one. if 1.5 or 1.3, big one. if both can use, why in the first place they have big and small one?
I dont have the answer to that but i think its due to engine space and design.

Not sure abt mitsu 1.6 filter but i know that campro and kelisa/kenari are the same and can fit the LO47 pajero too but i have never used it as wira 1.5 is way cheaper. Wira 1.5 can fit Pajero but cant fit campro and kelisa/kenari due to limited space.

The size of the filter also weird to me where wira 1.5 and campro are using more or less the same quantity of oil but the wira filter is bigger. My 1.8 waja is using 5.1 liter of oil but the filter is same diameter with campro but half the height.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I dont have the answer to that but i think its due to engine space and design.

Not sure abt mitsu 1.6 filter but i know that campro and kelisa/kenari are the same and can fit the LO47 pajero too but i have never used it as wira 1.5 is way cheaper. Wira 1.5 can fit Pajero but cant fit campro and kelisa/kenari due to limited space.

The size of the filter also weird to me where wira 1.5 and campro are using more or less the same quantity of oil but the wira filter is bigger. My 1.8 waja is using 5.1 liter of oil but the filter is same diameter with campro but half the height.
For my Hyundai, lots of space so I fitted the big one, for my VR the bottom beam is in the way so need the small one. If fit big one, when engine vibrate will knock the beam.....lol

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

technically can use big one...

but realistically...it wont fit in the tight space of stock oil filter location for 4g9x engine....because it sits below exhaust manifold...and on top of ac compressor...so space is a big issue there...

unless u were running oil filter relocation adaptor kit...any size will fit as long as the base and thread size is the same...

Nicholasng925

Known Member
Jul 30, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I don't know, just based on my limited observation of oil comparison tests, seem like Amsoil Signature very often comes out on top and it's the only oil I know that dares to claim their oil can last 25k miles (not even km!). Members in the Mark X club had also really proved it by going over 30k km before change, pretty remarkable. Then their ATF also looks very good even after 20-30k km use and able to prevent the overheating issue that may happen with the AT when driven hard using the regular Toyota ATF WS oil.

If I have a nice high performance car in the future, I think Amsoil will be my first choice.

Some reference:
https://www.yourbestpicks.com/best-synthetic-motor-oils/
Can totally vouch for this! My mechanic also recommended me the same oil - Amsoil Signature. Currently used in my Celica 2zz turbo.

Darth Evillus

Known Member
Jan 16, 2019
My mind mentality is that when it hit 10 k km must change. If use amsoil SS abit hard to adjust mentality lol

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My mind mentality is that when it hit 10 k km must change. If use amsoil SS abit hard to adjust mentality lol
Actually have to consider the life time of the oil filter. You may use long life oil like Amsoil but if the oil filter cannot last more than 10k km then still need to change the filter at least. That's why for me I also still not using such long life oil and just normal FS oil as long as can last 10k km to match the oil filter interval.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Actually have to consider the life time of the oil filter. You may use long life oil like Amsoil but if the oil filter cannot last more than 10k km then still need to change the filter at least. That's why for me I also still not using such long life oil and just normal FS oil as long as can last 10k km to match the oil filter interval.
But even if with long life filter. the dirt trapped just builds up. I would rather change the filter then top up the oil.
But for me, never hit high mileage. During my earlier year, I kept OCI at 10k km but looks like a mistake, my engine internal are quite dirty. My 10k km sometimes 8 to 9 months. Now I run even less, so change at 6 months.....lol

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
i change oil every 5k km. Lazy also 5 mths top. Oil filter change everytime.
Sometimes got "info" tesco shell offer go buy, shelf empty is common in penang. If available...jackpot. :biggrin:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Sometimes got "info" tesco shell offer go buy, shelf empty is common in penang. If available...jackpot. :biggrin:
u r the cause for the empty shelf lah....

Now Tesco is selling Dynolube..anyone tried before?

Darth Evillus

Known Member
Jan 16, 2019
Bec of u la. Go straits Quay everytime empty left with magnatec

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Fiat 500 is a darling among European tuning houses and the latest to release a hardcore 500 is German tuning firm Pogea Racing. It's unknown which model was used as a base car but our source is suggesting that it was either an Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari or a Abarth 500 Esseesse, whatever it is the end result is quite astonishing for a car of this size...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience