Help with new absorber and spring hitting fender

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Cant really see the purpose of this
torsion beam stiffener cuz the beam does twist under stress. A lot of stress though is required to twist to that extent.

PERFECT !!!! thank you all for the reassurance !
so...16mm or the 19 mm? :biggrin:
Also its RM450 for the 16mm (on average).........sien !
19mm might be too much for the car. There are some old stories of folks using too thick bars and they end up ripping out the mounting points of the ARB which is not a good thing. Recommend you go ask around in clubs and friends who have the bars installed and test yourself. Also how hard do you corner? If perhaps you drive F1 speeds on public roads - you might want to reconsider your driving habits. Stick with the 16mm la imho

boygenetic

Nov 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
19mm might be too much for the car. There are some old stories of folks using too thick bars and they end up ripping out the mounting points of the ARB which is not a good thing. Recommend you go ask around in clubs and friends who have the bars installed and test yourself. Also how hard do you corner? If perhaps you drive F1 speeds on public roads - you might want to reconsider your driving habits. Stick with the 16mm la imho
well, not much 1st gen users nowadays. mostly driven by aunties and uncles. (" Aunty, your Vios got install anti roll bar or not ?") :dontknow:
everyone traded in their firs gen for later gen or the latest car.
My 1st Gen has its sentimental value and planning to slooooooowly refurbish it.

i only drive like F1 when the coast is clear. i dont tailgate.
next on my list is to bleed the brakes and get slotted and drilled rotors.
these are KIVs

need to change spark plug and look see look see if i need to change my injectors also.

im getting all my mechanical and electronic issue sorted out first.
Paint job is the most unimportant at the moment. no plan for body kit or aftermarket rims either.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
well, not much 1st gen users nowadays. mostly driven by aunties and uncles. (" Aunty, your Vios got install anti roll bar or not ?") :dontknow:
everyone traded in their firs gen for later gen or the latest car.
My 1st Gen has its sentimental value and planning to slooooooowly refurbish it.

i only drive like F1 when the coast is clear. i dont tailgate.
next on my list is to bleed the brakes and get slotted and drilled rotors.
these are KIVs

need to change spark plug and look see look see if i need to change my injectors also.

im getting all my mechanical and electronic issue sorted out first.
Paint job is the most unimportant at the moment. no plan for body kit or aftermarket rims either.
Is the 1st gen using COP or distributor? Change the COP if it's using that and see if the spark plug cables need changing if distributor. That made a difference on my 12 year old Myvi when I changed them.

Slotted and drilled rotors is questionable. If you use good ventilated rotors, good brake pads and good brake oil, it might work better than those drilled and slotted rotors. Instead - why not consider steel braided hoses? And check to see if your servo needs replacement since your car is that old.

Antiroll bars are only useful in the corners. So if you're fond of sweeping corners hard - then 19mm might be a good choice for you. However if you corner VERY hard better stick with 16mm and get stiffer front ARBs.

boygenetic

Nov 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Is the 1st gen using COP or distributor? Change the COP if it's using that and see if the spark plug cables need changing if distributor. That made a difference on my 12 year old Myvi when I changed them.

Slotted and drilled rotors is questionable. If you use good ventilated rotors, good brake pads and good brake oil, it might work better than those drilled and slotted rotors. Instead - why not consider steel braided hoses? And check to see if your servo needs replacement since your car is that old.

Antiroll bars are only useful in the corners. So if you're fond of sweeping corners hard - then 19mm might be a good choice for you. However if you corner VERY hard better stick with 16mm and get stiffer front ARBs.
its COP. first time i exploring this option. not sure mine is the 4 holes but planning to get the 12 holes.
and YES on the steel braided. forgot to mention it. its on my list.
my mechanic is those type of very modest person , "boss, still can use, no need change" type of people.

at the moment, i will do whatever fits my budget as i just got a used SUV that needed TLC also. changed the absorbers on the SUV and more issue arises. engine mounting la, thermostat la, tires la.........damn sien.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
its COP. first time i exploring this option. not sure mine is the 4 holes but planning to get the 12 holes.
and YES on the steel braided. forgot to mention it. its on my list.
my mechanic is those type of very modest person , "boss, still can use, no need change" type of people.

at the moment, i will do whatever fits my budget as i just got a used SUV that needed TLC also. changed the absorbers on the SUV and more issue arises. engine mounting la, thermostat la, tires la.........damn sien.
Eh...u do it the wrong way.
When u want to upgrade your car dont go to your trusty mechanic.
Instead go to a performance shop and stare at whatever it is they sell. Ask them will this and that fit your car. Later post here to ask if its worth it or not. If u r commando style then go to performance shop with a briefcase full of cash and ask them to fit whatever they have on their shelf that fits your car to your car.

I suggest u set a list rather than doing this and that whenever u have the money.

mind sharing what suv u get?

boygenetic

Nov 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Eh...u do it the wrong way.
When u want to upgrade your car dont go to your trusty mechanic.
Instead go to a performance shop and stare at whatever it is they sell. Ask them will this and that fit your car. Later post here to ask if its worth it or not. If u r commando style then go to performance shop with a briefcase full of cash and ask them to fit whatever they have on their shelf that fits your car to your car.

I suggest u set a list rather than doing this and that whenever u have the money.

mind sharing what suv u get?
my beloved VIOS has it limits. not going FI.
trying to upgrade if i have the budget.
mine already more than 200k KM on the clock. if i really have the budget, ill bore the engine head.
so probably

1. ARB
2.Front tower strut bar
3. Rotor, braided lines

i bought a Grand Vitara 2.0 just few months back, a bit regretting it as its a 4AT and spare parts are like non existence and EXPENSIVE.
Spent over $6K for repairs after getting it from dealership. More issue arise since.
I like it for its RWD, swinging back door, and rear spare tire. Also, this is the only model that has 4 disc brakes that fit my budget.
its also heavy and clumsy.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
my beloved VIOS has it limits. not going FI.
trying to upgrade if i have the budget.
mine already more than 200k KM on the clock. if i really have the budget, ill bore the engine head.
so probably

1. ARB
2.Front tower strut bar
3. Rotor, braided lines

i bought a Grand Vitara 2.0 just few months back, a bit regretting it as its a 4AT and spare parts are like non existence and EXPENSIVE.
Spent over $6K for repairs after getting it from dealership. More issue arise since.
I like it for its RWD, swinging back door, and rear spare tire. Also, this is the only model that has 4 disc brakes that fit my budget.
its also heavy and clumsy.
If I were you. I'd focus on :

1. Coilovers
2. Aftermarket lightweight calipers and rotors
3. Lightweight rims.

I mean sure - these are almost 3 times more expensive than your original plan but it'll make the car a lot better to drive. Front tower strut can wait till later.

Grand Vitara.... aiyo. Why did you opt for this

boygenetic

Nov 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
If I were you. I'd focus on :

1. Coilovers
2. Aftermarket lightweight calipers and rotors
3. Lightweight rims.

I mean sure - these are almost 3 times more expensive than your original plan but it'll make the car a lot better to drive. Front tower strut can wait till later.

Grand Vitara.... aiyo. Why did you opt for this
just got the suspension done weeks ago, so i will pump the brakes on spending more. but will put your options into consideration.

As for the GV, fell in luv with its design. LOOK ! its so pretty. but yeah, PITA to maintain it.

IMG_20181208_212834.jpg

boygenetic

Nov 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Most SUV looks like that. This is how my Chery Tiggo SUV looks like, seems is the old Rav4 copy.....lol
View attachment 573438
NICE !!!

not all SUV nowadays have the the spare tire at the back. the reason i like the swinging read door.
RUSH has it, RAV4 has it, Kembara has it , Vitara has it, Tiggo has it.
went with Vitara for its RWD (AWD in some model).

nice looking TIGO btw. never driven one nor seen it on the road.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
NICE !!!

not all SUV nowadays have the the spare tire at the back. the reason i like the swinging read door.
RUSH has it, RAV4 has it, Kembara has it , Vitara has it, Tiggo has it.
went with Vitara for its RWD (AWD in some model).

nice looking TIGO btw. never driven one nor seen it on the road.
There are some on the road but not many and they have discon this model in Malaysia already......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
Im using eterna twin turbo engine, with SSQV, but the problem
is the BOV does not sound, only abit at 0.8bar...
wat could be the problem?
hose leaking?
not enough pressure?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience