How to improve braking performance part #2

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
if u have run out of DIY's to do on your car... i offer u my car to DIY on...
:p
What car do you drive? Come la. As long as I get to keep the rights to the photos and you pay for the parts used to DIY. No problemo!

Darth Evillus

Known Member
Jan 16, 2019
This is a good suggestion. I have 262mm EK Honda Calipers on mine but still maintain rubber hose.

Oh dear those screeching sounds on slow pedal when slow brakes are abit annoying but brake performance greatly improved (mcm drive Honda City)
I checked the nets and all said if u use aftermarket pads and rotors (my case, Brembo), that happens. And even if u do 'chamfering' and use the anti grease gel stuff it will come back so I make do with the sounds only.

I may consider this steel braided thing later on, probably rm 500 in current pricing Works Engineering vs SUper Circuit

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
This is a good suggestion. I have 262mm EK Honda Calipers on mine but still maintain rubber hose.

Oh dear those screeching sounds on slow pedal when slow brakes are abit annoying but brake performance greatly improved (mcm drive Honda City)
I checked the nets and all said if u use aftermarket pads and rotors (my case, Brembo), that happens. And even if u do 'chamfering' and use the anti grease gel stuff it will come back so I make do with the sounds only.

I may consider this steel braided thing later on, probably rm 500 in current pricing Works Engineering vs SUper Circuit
Probably like 600+ these days. Get Supercircuit. The metal braiding is further protected by a layer of plastic or something around the braided lines. Helps keep out the fine dust.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

I’m using Brembo Max original rotors 262mm with EK4 calipers as well. Using ADVICS pads.. total silence.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Total silence huh. Prob gonna send my brakes for inspection to see if my pad sitting nicely anot d..
Brake pad noise can be many reasons. Pads, something stuck in between, disc wear, pad wear. Got friend take out clean, sandpaper then no more sound, but for some later on come back....:banghead:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Brake pad noise can be many reasons. Pads, something stuck in between, disc wear, pad wear. Got friend take out clean, sandpaper then no more sound, but for some later on come back....:banghead:
Agreed, and It's quite an irritating small issue especially when discs and pads look relatively new

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Agreed, and It's quite an irritating small issue especially when discs and pads look relatively new
Its very irritating...
Even on my stock BLM...now got that 'eeeeiik' sound. I am sure its due to road debris stuck on the pad as my housing area got construction site with heavy vehicle depositing debris on the road.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Its very irritating...
Even on my stock BLM...now got that 'eeeeiik' sound. I am sure its due to road debris stuck on the pad as my housing area got construction site with heavy vehicle depositing debris on the road.
Take out clean, sand regularly.....:driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Bro. gunnerzz like to DIY fiddle, fiddle mah.....hahhahhaha
Thats the problem....later i gatal and change the pad for the sake of trying out another brand. The last 2 set was changed when its only 1/2 worn out.

Anyway, good reason to try out my tool set bought from Lzd. Next up to buy is an OBD reader, then plastic ramp,then electronic solder set +kit...the list goes on....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thats the problem....later i gatal and change the pad for the sake of trying out another brand. The last 2 set was changed when its only 1/2 worn out.

Anyway, good reason to try out my tool set bought from Lzd. Next up to buy is an OBD reader, then plastic ramp,then electronic solder set +kit...the list goes on....
OBD2 can buy Elms then hook up to hp apps......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Have any of you watched the video where Michael Schumacher takes a gorgeous red SLS and loops it in a tunnel? While some are still debating on the authenticity of the commercial, it is still an impressive video nevertheless. I personally like the part where all the crew members are preparing for the run, showing how much preparation, precise calculation and teamwork involved in accomplishing a specific project...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience