Will Izso buy a good car???

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Have it occurred to you that the Volvo may be as complex as the E39 for maintenance?
I've checked. The Volvo isn't. But costlier it is.

Anyway, some updates.

I've seen 2 E39s and one was mechanically sound but the electric seats, power windows were pretty much shot and had some lights on the dash. If not mistaken it was airbag warning and brake warning (probably pads). Another wouldn't downshift after flooring it but had manual interior. Didn't like either.

Test drove a e60 525i that had really bad door panels front and back, steering warning light and airbag lights were on and pretty much that stopped me from looking at any other E60. Nice to drive just that electronics breaking down scares me.

Saw a Civic EK 4-door that was heavily customized, like electric power steering pump from a mini, aircon from dunno what car, a gi-normous whale penis intake manifold etc etc. Too impractical for a daily.

Saw a pre-LCI e39 that was selling cheap, interior was shot and the engine was a little funny. Pre-facelifted cars according to Ixeo is a bad idea since BMW fixed issues post LCI cars. It didn't drive well either, explains the super low price (10k).

Sigh. It sucks being so broke you don't have much choice for cars.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

Anyway, some updates.

I've seen 2 E39s and one was mechanically sound but the electric seats, power windows were pretty much shot and had some lights on the dash. If not mistaken it was airbag warning and brake warning (probably pads). Another wouldn't downshift after flooring it but had manual interior. Didn't like either.

Test drove a e60 525i that had really bad door panels front and back, steering warning light and airbag lights were on and pretty much that stopped me from looking at any other E60. Nice to drive just that electronics breaking down scares me.

Saw a Civic EK 4-door that was heavily customized, like electric power steering pump from a mini, aircon from dunno what car, a gi-normous whale penis intake manifold etc etc. Too impractical for a daily.

Saw a pre-LCI e39 that was selling cheap, interior was shot and the engine was a little funny. Pre-facelifted cars according to Ixeo is a bad idea since BMW fixed issues post LCI cars. It didn't drive well either, explains the super low price (10k).

A friend of mine working as doctor with the gomen bought an E60 525 for about 40k.
mileage is below 100k km. Once he got the car last year he already changed all the worn out suspension bushings which cost RM1500++.

Its a very tidy car on the inside.outside is so-so as he dont look after it. The gearbox is jerking on 1st and 2nd. Very good overall considering its price. I was again surprised how well the car ride on 18inch rim. super comfy, well damped. Parts according to him is easy to source and price is reasonable according to him..he is earning doctor salary after all.

His front main beam bulb blown and cost him few hundred...for a bulb.

On another note....have u ever seen or know the existance of the Mitsubishi Pajero Evo?
Not to be confused with Storm Evo or Outlander Evo. A legend this one...

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
A friend of mine working as doctor with the gomen bought an E60 525 for about 40k.
mileage is below 100k km. Once he got the car last year he already changed all the worn out suspension bushings which cost RM1500++.

Its a very tidy car on the inside.outside is so-so as he dont look after it. The gearbox is jerking on 1st and 2nd. Very good overall considering its price. I was again surprised how well the car ride on 18inch rim. super comfy, well damped. Parts according to him is easy to source and price is reasonable according to him..he is earning doctor salary after all.

His front main beam bulb blown and cost him few hundred...for a bulb.

On another note....have u ever seen or know the existance of the Mitsubishi Pajero Evo?
Not to be confused with Storm Evo or Outlander Evo. A legend this one...
I know the parts for the E60 isn't hard to source and reasonably priced (not gonna pretend it's cheap) but I'm concerned of worn out electronics and wiring. This will cost a lot to fix on these complicated cars.

Not a fan of the Pajero cars so can't say I've heard of the Pajero Evo

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Anyway, some updates.

Well, slowly hunt for one lah. Since you're not in a hurry. Beggars can't be choosers.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I know the parts for the E60 isn't hard to source and reasonably priced (not gonna pretend it's cheap) but I'm concerned of worn out electronics and wiring. This will cost a lot to fix on these complicated cars.

Not a fan of the Pajero cars so can't say I've heard of the Pajero Evo
talking about pajero...

there is only 1 specific body style that i liked..actually i'm digging the bodystyle...

https://www.mudah.my/1997+Mitsubishi+PAJERO+3+5+A+V45+GDi-65360949.htm

https://www.mudah.my/1997+Mitsubishi+PAJERO+2+8+A+-71048235.htm

that bold widebody shoulder fender...like subaru forester style...boxy yet strong stance

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
talking about pajero...

there is only 1 specific body style that i liked..actually i'm digging the bodystyle...

https://www.mudah.my/1997+Mitsubishi+PAJERO+3+5+A+V45+GDi-65360949.htm

https://www.mudah.my/1997+Mitsubishi+PAJERO+2+8+A+-71048235.htm

that bold widebody shoulder fender...like subaru forester style...boxy yet strong stance

We just call it widebody.
the most sought after is the 2.8 diesel turbo..if not mistake 4M40 engine.

Handsome one this model...to bad Izso dont like 4x4..well within his budget.

Reactions: ^pomen_GTR^

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello to all the sifu's and car mod lovers,

im quite new to tis site...So any stupid question i ask, please bare wit me.....the advise i need from u sifu's is i plan to mod my engine from a standard 1.3 satria engine to a mivec 1.5 engine...so i wan to know if ters any difficulties in da engine performances, whether there is any cockups after instaling it, like engine blowoff etc...how much is da engine cost right now? thanx

scarlet
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience