Used Car purchase: Inspira 2.0P vs Suprima S

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Main issues with Suprima/Preve, fusebox, radiator fan harness, oil cooler hoses, engine mounts premature failure, unreliable cvt box, turbo failure, brake switch and tire crack. These are the major ones, smaller issues like brittle dom light, laggy headunit, head lamp bulb premature burnout and etc i can deal with (so far only experience the laggy headunit). Once i knew the issues i started to look around and noticed that some things have been updated in the 2015 model onwards. The manufacturer of the fuse box seems to be different and the radiator fan harness seems to have been upgraded (according to an SC) and lately the engine mounts..
Totally agree with the engine mounts. Could be better. On my second set now at 80K mileage.Then again, new Schmaco sets only cost rm300. So it doesnt bother me if I have to replace them every few years. Same goes for the OCH hoses.

I havent had any issues with the fusebox, ac or harness. When they do come, I expect I will replace the relays. Brake switch already changed once. DIYed that. Only rm25 for the switch. Headlamp bulbs burning out is a pain. Plan to change the harness tomorrow to an affordable aftermarket solution.

With regards to CVT or turbo failure, I dont think there's that many of those. Think you can get a recond transmission these days.

You might want to keep an eye on your rear upper arm and front left caliper

The above does sound a bit off putting but hey, I am coming close to 7th year of ownership and I dont plan on selling the car yet.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I was going to buy used actually but my wife insist on new because she dont want to pening kepala for another 5 year and she want the plastic feel and new car smell :banghead::banghead::banghead: and she will help me to pay half for the car so of course i go for new hahahaha ..
Go for used Bro. You wont like the depreciation.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Thanks for the advice bro. but is okay, as long as my wife happy haha .. i dont care much about the depreciation honestly .. enjoy the ride ! hope is not lemon unit hahahaha
2 option.
Go for used car if wife or u frequent change cars.
Go for new if plan to keep till koyak.

Han_neversolo

Aug 10, 2018
Constant overheating = change mechanic
Problem isn’t the car it’s the monkey fixing the car.
Very true, when I realized something is not right, I went to another car workshop recommended by my friend. I forgot what was the issue but hey, the mechanic fixed the issue!

I go to several Proton Dealer to find Suprima S. Im from Puchong but i am dealing with proton dealer at seremban .. In Klang valley suprima all sold out i think ..

If you want the SA number i can give you .. now got RM 8000 rebate ..
It's alright, I plan to get a second hand unit, thanks anyway :shakehands:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
2 option.
Go for used car if wife or u frequent change cars.
Go for new if plan to keep till koyak.
In his case. Buy brand new.

Darwin’s theory of evolution: happy wife happy life, upset wife you no life.

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
Totally agree with the engine mounts. Could be better. On my second set now at 80K mileage.Then again, new Schmaco sets only cost rm300. So it doesnt bother me if I have to replace them every few years. Same goes for the OCH hoses.

I havent had any issues with the fusebox, ac or harness. When they do come, I expect I will replace the relays. Brake switch already changed once. DIYed that. Only rm25 for the switch. Headlamp bulbs burning out is a pain. Plan to change the harness tomorrow to an affordable aftermarket solution.

With regards to CVT or turbo failure, I dont think there's that many of those. Think you can get a recond transmission these days.

You might want to keep an eye on your rear upper arm and front left caliper

The above does sound a bit off putting but hey, I am coming close to 7th year of ownership and I dont plan on selling the car yet.
so far i have yet to experience any issues with the upper arms and brake caliper. may i ask what issues you faced with the caliper? seizing? or knocking noise?

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
so far i have yet to experience any issues with the upper arms and brake caliper. may i ask what issues you faced with the caliper? seizing? or knocking noise?
Strange knocking noise up front from the left which cannot be solved, even after changing absorber and lower arm.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
ah okay, probably the caliper pins.. thanks for the heads up man.
I haven't addressed my knocking issue yet. For the moment, it's just a minor annoyance which doesnt affect the overall handling of the car. So I plan to leave it be till later.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We're only hours away from the start of the 2010 Merdeka Millennium Endurance Race, one of the most anticipated events of the year. Considered to be the most challenging race in South East Asia, the MMER returns to its original format of starting at midnight and ending at high noon. This makes life a bit more easier for the drivers with the cooler...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience