Used Car purchase: Inspira 2.0P vs Suprima S

STATIC365

Known Member
Aug 29, 2018
SELANGOR
Best advice ever.

Having a Lancer Inspira year 2012 in the family, I am not sure how I feel about it now. It's, not very refined. Mechanically damn sound tho, NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM until today, air con still cold. Just normal driving and normal service.

Suprima being a new(er) chassis, new(er) platform, better handling. But that CVT definitely has no punch versus the Inspira CVT, just whine.
Inspira , i love this car too .. doing research on inspira also atm .. haha

STATIC365

Known Member
Aug 29, 2018
SELANGOR
True. Personally, I will pick cars that is close to stock as possible. Try to avoid those that have 'add-ons'

Then again, those units which are still under factory warranty still need to visit the SC. So those are better bets. Always insist to see SC receipts
Thank for the advice bro ! i will definitely look for stock car if buy used ..

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
True. Personally, I will pick cars that is close to stock as possible. Try to avoid those that have 'add-ons'

Then again, those units which are still under factory warranty still need to visit the SC. So those are better bets. Always insist to see SC receipts
I know some, they remove all add on and sell as stock, add on sell separate......lol

Han_neversolo

Aug 10, 2018

Tried to find Inspira that close to stock, no many choices. Hence end up trying to look for Suprima instead (personally prefer Suprima over Preve).

Most of the Inspira that I found on Mudah or Carlist were mod by previous owner to look like Evo 10 (with Mitsu badges front and back + so-called "Evo bodykit"). Funny to see Mitsu badges at front and back but Proton badge on the steering wheel :biggrin:

The best I can find is this, but 2011 car with over 80k mileage, most likely will have wear and tear.

https://www.carlist.my/used-cars/20...ium-1-owner-fuloan-civic-altis-lancer/5248468

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Tried to find Inspira that close to stock, no many choices. Hence end up trying to look for Suprima instead (personally prefer Suprima over Preve).

Most of the Inspira that I found on Mudah or Carlist were mod by previous owner to look like Evo 10 (with Mitsu badges front and back + so-called "Evo bodykit"). Funny to see Mitsu badges at front and back but Proton badge on the steering wheel :biggrin:

The best I can find is this, but 2011 car with over 80k mileage, most likely will have wear and tear.

https://www.carlist.my/used-cars/20...ium-1-owner-fuloan-civic-altis-lancer/5248468
Outside mitsu badge for people to think is Mitsu, inside only driver can see.....lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

I actually viewed 1 white Inspira premium near my workplace. I dont recall the exact year but its either 2011 or 2012.Mileage is below 60k km.super stock condition.
Yes...it show the sign of a 60k km car with a small lightweight driver. I predict this as there is minimal wear at the driver seat and the brake pedal.
However something makes me feel uneasy abt the front end, there is sign of damaged but i cannot tell untill how deep. Its either to minor or the repair job is top notch. Car is 'W' plate...its still there.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I actually viewed 1 white Inspira premium near my workplace. I dont recall the exact year but its either 2011 or 2012.Mileage is below 60k km.super stock condition.
Yes...it show the sign of a 60k km car with a small lightweight driver. I predict this as there is minimal wear at the driver seat and the brake pedal.
However something makes me feel uneasy abt the front end, there is sign of damaged but i cannot tell untill how deep. Its either to minor or the repair job is top notch. Car is 'W' plate...its still there.
Easy, get those mudguard guys to look at it, they will immediately know if its original or repaired job.

STATIC365

Known Member
Aug 29, 2018
SELANGOR
Is it true if we want to buy used car , we can call Puspakom and ask Puspakom officer come and check the car condition?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Is it true if we want to buy used car , we can call Puspakom and ask Puspakom officer come and check the car condition?
Puspakom inspection is for the purpose of name change/ownership.

For buying a used car, best to find trusted mudgard/body shop, and ask them to inspect the car for you. Pay them a fee la RM50 bucks or something, and ask the seller to bring the car over.

If seller reluctant to bring the car for inspection, then avoid them. If you are selling your car, and you claim your car never accident before, you won't be afraid for inspection.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Puspakom inspection is for the purpose of name change/ownership.

For buying a used car, best to find trusted mudgard/body shop, and ask them to inspect the car for you. Pay them a fee la RM50 bucks or something, and ask the seller to bring the car over.

If seller reluctant to bring the car for inspection, then avoid them. If you are selling your car, and you claim your car never accident before, you won't be afraid for inspection.
Yup, for me most of the time will arrange with my mechanic to come and inspect the car with me....

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Easy, get those mudguard guys to look at it, they will immediately know if its original or repaired job.
Why not take it to SC to ask them to do pre purchase inspection? For whatever they find, have them prepare an official quotation.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Why not take it to SC to ask them to do pre purchase inspection? For whatever they find, have them prepare an official quotation.
Proton SC? hahahahaha

Please, appointment for routine oil change only. Set appointment 930AM, pick up car at 1230PM. 3 hours for a fucking oil change?

I go P2 with appointment, 1 hour done.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Proton SC? hahahahaha

Please, appointment for routine oil change only. Set appointment 930AM, pick up car at 1230PM. 3 hours for a fucking oil change?

I go P2 with appointment, 1 hour done.
If just want to check a car...duit kopi is enough to add some urgency or should i repharse into 'immediately'.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Probably mechanically side they know, how about whether the car had any accident?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After much planning - months of preparation, finally we held this intensive course for those who want to learn to detail their cars and to be Car Detailer

there was 12 of us - out of which 2 of our girl participant came to learn to detail their ride

the first part of the Lesson - Theory

what is paint? purpose of it? how was it made?
what is clear coat? how thick is this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience