Do Ultra Racing Bars increase Car Safety?

marv3

Jun 5, 2014
This is my personal experience and opinion. I think UR bars are good. I mean, for the price compared to other branded bars. BUT you have to make very sure that the bar you purchase is really serving its purpose. The bar that i purchase previously was a STRUT bar but it is not mounted on the suspension strut. Just lock to some hole beside the strut (on the body....so got the strut bar looks). Which is a "dead spot". Well, i am partly to be blame. Because at that time i didnt know that my car strut is just a rubber mounting. Unlike other cars where there is 2-3 holes around the top mount.

But this experience just gave me an image that UR will just look for holes in your chassis and then just make a bar for it. Without doing proper research on whether or not, putting a bar there serves a purpose.

So is best to check other brands on the bars, then compared it with UR. If is mount on the same spot, should be no problem. Or just as your trusted mech to tell you if that mounting place serves a purpose or not.

This is my personal experience and opinion. I think UR bars are good. I mean, for the price compared to other branded bars. BUT you have to make very sure that the bar you purchase is really serving its purpose. The bar that i purchase previously was a STRUT bar but it is not mounted on the suspension strut. Just lock to some hole beside the strut (on the body....so got the strut bar looks). Which is a "dead spot". Well, i am partly to be blame. Because at that time i didnt know that my car strut is just a rubber mounting. Unlike other cars where there is 2-3 holes around the top mount.

But this experience just gave me an image that UR will just look for holes in your chassis and then just make a bar for it. Without doing proper research on whether or not, putting a bar there serves a purpose.

So is best to check other brands on the bars, then compared it with UR. If is mount on the same spot, should be no problem. Or just as your trusted mech to tell you if that mounting place serves a purpose or not.
Mounted on critical area, it will improve a lot.
i just remove the bars from my blm and it felt like a kancil. The bar was sold even before it was remove from the car..its the front strut bar and the rear arb bar.

next up for sale are bars from the waja.the front strut has been removed, now want to remove the front lower 4 point and the rear lower 2 point.

Ah! remembered your strut bar, the one can move one. So is it still there or removed?

i just remove the bars from my blm and it felt like a kancil. The bar was sold even before it was remove from the car..its the front strut bar and the rear arb bar.

next up for sale are bars from the waja.the front strut has been removed, now want to remove the front lower 4 point and the rear lower 2 point.
The strut bar helps more into hard corners, the arb however will help a lot to stabilize the car.....

well... i got only 1 complains for biggest ARB...

the downside is if got tyre puncture especially at the rear... hardly felt any... coz ARB compensate the lower side with punctured tyre make the ride too stable....

i only knew my tyre punctured when i take a left turn and the car sliding in snappy way along with blub blub blub tyre sound... :driver:

it remains stable on the straight and not even any body tilt/roll felt during the straight... :biggrin:

sweelt

Nov 6, 2016

agree, critical area only.

marv3

Jun 5, 2014

Exactly my point. Prior to buying the UR bars, you have to determine if that area is a critical area or not. Coz from my experience in my car, UR just look for lubang in your car and then make a bar you can pasang on it.

Ah! remembered your strut bar, the one can move one. So is it still there or removed?
Remove long time ago already lor.....Hopeless that thing....Didnt serve it purpose....Add weight niah......

parakey

Apr 30, 2012
Exactly my point. Prior to buying the UR bars, you have to determine if that area is a critical area or not. Coz from my experience in my car, UR just look for lubang in your car and then make a bar you can pasang on it.
Suprising how some people make purchase decisions without forethought.

parakey

Apr 30, 2012
A RM250 lesson learned........That time tak tau mah......
Wakakaka ... Sorry Bro, I didnt mean you. Had a brain fart and spoke without thinking. Myself also guilty of spending due to butt feel. Nvm, we grow older and wiser with each mistake. :rock:

marv3

Jun 5, 2014
Wakakaka ... Sorry Bro, I didnt mean you. Had a brain fart and spoke without thinking. Myself also guilty of spending due to butt feel. Nvm, we grow older and wiser with each mistake. :rock:
Hahahahhaha.....No worries about it man......As long as we learn......:driver::driver::driver:

well... i got only 1 complains for biggest ARB...

the downside is if got tyre puncture especially at the rear... hardly felt any... coz ARB compensate the lower side with punctured tyre make the ride too stable....

i only knew my tyre punctured when i take a left turn and the car sliding in snappy way along with blub blub blub tyre sound... :driver:

it remains stable on the straight and not even any body tilt/roll felt during the straight... :biggrin:
Oh yes...i experience that too while driving around Seremban at slow speed in my BLM.
Only notice after another car cucuk behind me and overtake before signaling to me by pointing to the rear of my car. Tire is almost empty...heheheh.

Hi , anybody know the exact color of te37/ssr type c white ? want to touch up the scratch myself ....but having problem to select the right paint. Any sifu here?