Project Kancil Moderno with EJ1000 TD04L

FzL2sHybrid

Known Member
Oct 16, 2018
Well, base on the negative reviews for the AVS Spark Plugs, i manage to changed it with NGK Iridium 4 . Luckily, FCR JB ( shop ) allow me to changed it. Thanks for all of your advice. I just want to play safe.

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Well, base on the negative reviews for the AVS Spark Plugs, i manage to changed it with NGK Iridium 4 . Luckily, FCR JB ( shop ) allow me to changed it. Thanks for all of your advice. I just want to play safe.
Well that is good to hear! Ngk and denso spark plugs are proven reliable so i think u made the right choice

FzL2sHybrid

Known Member
Oct 16, 2018
IMG-20181120-WA0018.jpg

Managed to bought this L2S fuel tank. This is internal pump type not like normal kancil tank the pump is external. Just to make sure fuel flow to the regulator and engine always consistent and sufficient.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wow that is quite a big budget for your project car. How much hp are you aiming at or what kind of performance are you hoping for? Zerotohundred in 5 seconds?
Yes bro, like Piggy ECU is around 1.2k not plus tuning. Engine and gearbox it self already 2800+400. Clutch 800, Turbine 700, banana 1100, and many more..i have the list for all the expenses as for now. Even bolt and nut cost me 180..and so on. 25k is to fully rebuild not only engine, but whole car. Paint cost 2k for inside out Anti Rust and Candy Red. Well, 'jajan' for Mira is not cheap nowadays. Even spoiler moderno limited cost around 700-800. It's ok, i already plan for this project since few years back. It's so called passion. haha.

Target horsepower should be more than 150hp. Standard L2S,L5,6,7&9 are 64hp. I will know it when doing the dyno tuning at RMD Garage, JB soon.
Holy mother jesus batman. 150hp on a Kancil? Dude you'd be cracking sub 5 seconds with that kinda power and that ultralight chassis. Hope you have plans for tyres and brakes too

FzL2sHybrid

Known Member
Oct 16, 2018
Holy mother jesus batman. 150hp on a Kancil? Dude you'd be cracking sub 5 seconds with that kinda power and that ultralight chassis. Hope you have plans for tyres and brakes too
bro. search in youtube, theres many kancil monster dragster win for open kategory. Even with Vtec turbo, Evos and skyline. Power to weight ratio.

150 hp is a small amount bro, most of the dragster has 200 above and 1 that i saw in JB has 420hp! Please don't underestimate a small car like kancil. Already proven on track.

For brakes i will using All 4 disc brakes from L5. Tyres either Falken or Yokohama. Same as absorber wi be upgrade too.

Reactions: ^pomen_GTR^

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
bro. search in youtube, theres many kancil monster dragster win for open kategory. Even with Vtec turbo, Evos and skyline. Power to weight ratio.

150 hp is a small amount bro, most of the dragster has 200 above and 1 that i saw in JB has 420hp! Please don't underestimate a small car like kancil. Already proven on track.

For brakes i will using All 4 disc brakes from L5. Tyres either Falken or Yokohama. Same as absorber wi be upgrade too.
but you're gonna daily that monster. 420hp for sure got very aggressive cams and high boost which gonna be a bitch to drive daily. :driver:

Reactions: FzL2sHybrid

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

I never underestimate small turbo charged cars man. I'm not sure you read me correctly, I was saying 150 is a lot, not mocking the number. 150 on a small lightweight chassis is a lot.

Reactions: FzL2sHybrid

FzL2sHybrid

Known Member
Oct 16, 2018
I never underestimate small turbo charged cars man. I'm not sure you read me correctly, I was saying 150 is a lot, not mocking the number. 150 on a small lightweight chassis is a lot.
Ok i got it. Well, i think 150 is just my target for this kind of setup. We just wait until the dyno run settle. Maybe more and maybe less. Thanks iszo.

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
bro izso plan for a writeup on this lil monster?

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
Yes bro, like Piggy ECU is around 1.2k not plus tuning. Engine and gearbox it self already 2800+400. Clutch 800, Turbine 700, banana 1100, and many more..i have the list for all the expenses as for now. Even bolt and nut cost me 180..and so on. 25k is to fully rebuild not only engine, but whole car. Paint cost 2k for inside out Anti Rust and Candy Red. Well, 'jajan' for Mira is not cheap nowadays. Even spoiler moderno limited cost around 700-800. It's ok, i already plan for this project since few years back. It's so called passion. haha.

Target horsepower should be more than 150hp. Standard L2S,L5,6,7&9 are 64hp. I will know it when doing the dyno tuning at RMD Garage, JB soon.
Nice... Hp sounds about right which is about what your 3 injectors can support at duty cycle below 80%. With 150hp on a 650kg car, its going to be very quick. For comparison sake, the new swift sport turbo is only 140hp on 970kg with a sub 7s 0-100 timing. Will easily cucuk the 2.0L to 2.4L family sedans.

Wonder how much torque will it be pushing and how will the dyno graph look like? with the td04 housing and a 660cc engine, i am guessing turbo will hit full boost upwards of 4k? Will you be doing it on a inertia or load dyno? Interested to look at your dyno chart once done.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All please spread the news
My car was stolen on 24th nov 4.00 am infront of my house. The thief left a stolen satria in front of the house. The car was full of stolen goods. Anyone seen the car around please contact me:-

Make: Proton Satria 1.5
Color: Brownish Gray
Additional Info: Fitted with Gti Body kit, sport rim and tinted with grey black.
If found please call 017-6029630(Asif)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience