2018 Suzuki Jimny

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
upload_2018-10-22_0-36-44.jpeg

Look at this baby G wagon. It’s slow, it’s bumpy, and it’s a real 4WD with a ladder frame and transfer case. I love the modern retro look.

I think it’ll be damn cool for city driving. Since you don’t need the power to be stuck in traffic.

Thanks to Proton, Suzuki no longer exists in Malaysia. I think every car enthusiast must hate Proton company, because of them cars are overpriced in Malaysia.

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
suzuki have to pull out of malaysia due to bad performance.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Well when they try to sell stupid cars like the Suzuki Kizashi, of course can't sell. But their Suzuki Swift did quite well. Vitara was ageing and they didn't bring in new model. They pulled out cause of Proton deal bro, not because of bad performance.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Well when they try to sell stupid cars like the Suzuki Kizashi, of course can't sell. But their Suzuki Swift did quite well. Vitara was ageing and they didn't bring in new model. They pulled out cause of Proton deal bro, not because of bad performance.
The Jimny should be Proton 1st 4x4.
Sell it below the current ridiculus Jimny pricing and i bet it will sell well,very well indeed.

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
The Suzuki Kizashi is a CBU and 2.4 litre which is quite stupid in Malaysia market.
The Suzuki Swift (besides the sport) is basically for people who thinks they're exotic animal.
The Alto is such a joke, it is being sold at myvi price point but so much less than a myvi.
The Vitara is just bad.

Suzuki got a real bad product line up in Malaysia, not competitive at all compared to the big T and H. The new swift is a joke as well, the specs are so weak compared to the previous gen.

Suzuki withdrawal from Malaysia is not caused by Proton, i dont even think Proton have the caliber to buy over any sub-well-doing manufacturer in Malaysia. Basically Suzuki is planning on withdrawing and Proton took over to leverage on Suzuki's dealer network.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The Suzuki Kizashi is a CBU and 2.4 litre which is quite stupid in Malaysia market.
The Suzuki Swift (besides the sport) is basically for people who thinks they're exotic animal.
The Alto is such a joke, it is being sold at myvi price point but so much less than a myvi.
The Vitara is just bad.

Suzuki got a real bad product line up in Malaysia, not competitive at all compared to the big T and H. The new swift is a joke as well, the specs are so weak compared to the previous gen.

Suzuki withdrawal from Malaysia is not caused by Proton, i dont even think Proton have the caliber to buy over any sub-well-doing manufacturer in Malaysia. Basically Suzuki is planning on withdrawing and Proton took over to leverage on Suzuki's dealer network.
The new Swift ZC33S is actually a very good car, 1.4ltr turbo with 140hp/230nm while having an even lighter chassis at just under 1 ton, it takes the Swift to another level actually.

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
The new Swift ZC33S is actually a very good car, 1.4ltr turbo with 140hp/230nm while having an even lighter chassis at just under 1 ton, it takes the Swift to another level actually.
yea i meant besides the sport variant. Suzuki car is just not competitive in Malaysia's market.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yea i meant besides the sport variant. Suzuki car is just not competitive in Malaysia's market.
Yeah the lower variants are nothing special but having said that the normal Swifts actually was selling quite ok here, weren't they? Coz I can see that car everywhere on the roads, at least in Klang Valley. Probably if they still stick with the Swift plus the Ertiga and maybe the Jimny with better pricing they can still make it here.

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
Yeah the lower variants are nothing special but having said that the normal Swifts actually was selling quite ok here, weren't they? Coz I can see that car everywhere on the roads, at least in Klang Valley. Probably if they still stick with the Swift plus the Ertiga and maybe the Jimny with better pricing they can still make it here.
Exactly, nope, one model isnt gonna let them stay afloat. dealers are suffering, distributor is suffering. they do not have enough variant to stay in the game.

Actually even if suzuki stay around and now the jimny is here, it is not going to change anything. The car is not going to price any lower than 90k (considering the previous one is 87k to 92k). at the same price range, will you got for a small plasticky built jeep-ish ting or a comfortable new Honda City full specs or a second hand Honda Civic FC?

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
I like their Kizashi car! It was comfy and nice to drive. I just couldn't afford it
The Kizashi was a 240k D-segment (slightly to the small side of even C-segment) sedan that is similar in size to Altis/Civic/Mazda3

Where at the same price i can get a recond harrier, or for same money i can get a top of the line big T or H D-segment comfy sedan, Honda Accord or Toyota Camry. easy choice.

Edited due to misinformation and sleepiness

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Exactly, nope, one model isnt gonna let them stay afloat. dealers are suffering, distributor is suffering. they do not have enough variant to stay in the game.

Actually even if suzuki stay around and now the jimny is here, it is not going to change anything. The car is not going to price any lower than 90k (considering the previous one is 87k to 92k). at the same price range, will you got for a small plasticky built jeep-ish ting or a comfortable new Honda City full specs or a second hand Honda Civic FC?
Yup, they need at least 3 variants to survive, all must be at more reasonable competitive price range.

The Kizashi was a 240k C-segment (slightly to the small side of even C-segment) sedan that is slightly smaller than its counter parts Altis/Civic/Mazda3

Where at the same price i can get a recond harrier, or for 50k less money i can get a top of the line big T or H D-segment comfy sedan, Honda Accord or Toyota Camry. easy choice.
Huh that Kizashi was rm240k??! No wonder Suzuki goes bust here, coz that's just ridiculous! With that kind of money you can almost buy a 328i F30 or at the current used car market a bloody AMG CLA45 for God's sake!

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
Huh that Kizashi was rm240k??! No wonder Suzuki goes bust here, coz that's just ridiculous! With that kind of money you can almost buy a 328i F30 or at the current used car market a bloody AMG CLA45 for God's sake!
Sorry my bad, 2.4 and 160k :sweat::sweat::sweat:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was looking a wireman for my car HID...
who know how 2 install HID on a myvi pls call me...
Good Payment

016-914 2635
(MingFai)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience