Question about Civic FD1 Chassis with FD2 Halfcut Swap

Jun 9, 2014
Hi every sifus,

Noobie here owning 2006 Civic FD1 1.8 and done swapped Civic FD2 2.0 Auto Halfcut but realize right top mounting are not compatible. Pomen was purchased cap ayam Hasport mounting from (Jxxxcixx, i know this shop quite famous on something but I dont want talk much la, u know i know then enuff) but when engine idle steering will vibrate.

Any idea for the issues or any sifus do swapping FD1 before can share your experience here too?

I don't have experience but I asked a couple friends and they said it's dependent on the mounting you use. A lot of them recommended "Innovative" mounts. I personally haven't heard of this brand before.

How is your power steering rack mounted? Are your engine mounts too stiff?

tomminch

Jun 9, 2014
I don't have experience but I asked a couple friends and they said it's dependent on the mounting you use. A lot of them recommended "Innovative" mounts. I personally haven't heard of this brand before.

How is your power steering rack mounted? Are your engine mounts too stiff?
Power steering rack was swapped whole set FD2 electronic power steering, should not power steering rack issue. My pomen go buy FD2R cap ayam Hasport mounting set and use only this one that I circle red color on the photo below. That blue circle more worst, not over 3 months already make steel sound knocking damn noisy that I thought my welded exhaust air leak. Any idea to replace another brand mounting to not let my steering jerk?

Did u replace one whole set or just one unit?

If one unit only then that could be the cause. Its best to change one whole set.

sanekit

Dec 9, 2015
Power steering rack was swapped whole set FD2 electronic power steering, should not power steering rack issue. My pomen go buy FD2R cap ayam Hasport mounting set and use only this one that I circle red color on the photo below. That blue circle more worst, not over 3 months already make steel sound knocking damn noisy that I thought my welded exhaust air leak. Any idea to replace another brand mounting to not let my steering jerk?
that's a full rubber solid mount. of coz you'll feel slight vibration on idling at stationary. you're lucky only the steering is vibrating and not the whole dashboard. just go buy stock fd2 mount and replace it or get what @Izso suggested. confirm no more vibration after that.

:banana:

Bro.. solid mounting sure la. Vibration not absorbed by the rubber and transferred to the chassis. The only option you have is to live with it or change to a softer mounting type. Perhaps the ori Hasport mounting is better? Or see if you can find the innovative one.

tomminch

Jun 9, 2014
Did u replace one whole set or just one unit?

If one unit only then that could be the cause. Its best to change one whole set.
Just one unit that my pomen said ori FD2 mounting was not compatible with FD1 chassis.

that's a full rubber solid mount. of coz you'll feel slight vibration on idling at stationary. you're lucky only the steering is vibrating and not the whole dashboard. just go buy stock fd2 mount and replace it or get what @Izso suggested. confirm no more vibration after that.
Actually after I replaced both mounting I circled not over 3 months, whole dashboard is shaking and cause steel knocking sound then I replace bottom mounting (blue circle) to original rubber type.

:banana:

Bro.. solid mounting sure la. Vibration not absorbed by the rubber and transferred to the chassis. The only option you have is to live with it or change to a softer mounting type. Perhaps the ori Hasport mounting is better? Or see if you can find the innovative one.

Noted, do you know where I can find “innovative” mounting? prefer Klang or Subang area :emoji_bow:

Just one unit that my pomen said ori FD2 mounting was not compatible with FD1 chassis.

Actually after I replaced both mounting I circled not over 3 months, whole dashboard is shaking and cause steel knocking sound then I replace bottom mounting (blue circle) to original rubber type.

Noted, do you know where I can find “innovative” mounting? prefer Klang or Subang area :emoji_bow:
Correct me if wrong, if you are using mixture of solid mount and normal mount, won't the normal mount give way first as it takes all the punishment....

Reactions: sanekit