Polo 1.2 TSI worth modding?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
pride bro. u bought a car that cost more than a myvi, but the myvi can still smoke u at highway of coz u feel threaten. LOL
Some hurt are self inflicted. Must learn to be kinder to self
That's why don't layan lesser cars! If you play with them and kena tapao, you sakit hati but if you tapao them, it's already expected and nothing to brag about because you have more expensive/supposedly higher car anyway. So its everything to lose and nothing to gain so don't play like that! Instead, if you gatal, play with higher/more expensive cars, so if you loose then still ok ma, but if you tapao them then can have a big smirk on your face! Live by this principle and your life will be much happier, trust me! :biggrin:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
That's why don't layan lesser cars! If you play with them and kena tapao, you sakit hati but if you tapao them, it's already expected and nothing to brag about because you have more expensive/supposedly higher car anyway. So its everything to lose and nothing to gain so don't play like that! Instead, if you gatal, play with higher/more expensive cars, so if you loose then still ok ma, but if you tapao them then can have a big smirk on your face! Live by this principle and your life will be much happier, trust me! :biggrin:
i love to play with bigger cars. especially contis. looking at their reaction when a puny wira is following behind is priceless. but i will definitely kena smoke on long straights but not on the bends. :rofl:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
aiyaa kena tapao is normal lah....i always kena tapau by kancil
Driving at night see big headlight so striking...thought what super car,better give way_ knn is a kancil.
Enjoy the drive and have good laugh. :beer:

Reactions: Ranjanmax

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
aiyaa kena tapao is normal lah....i always kena tapau by kancil
Driving at night see big headlight so striking...thought what super car,better give way_ knn is a kancil.
Enjoy the drive and have good laugh. :beer:
Walao wat you driving bro?

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
Usually lighter exhausts & wheels. As MKMD428 mentioned, the TSI engine can be remapped but the limiting factor would be the DSG since it is only limited to 250NM (CMIIW).

A stage 1 APR remap will bring it to bout 125-135 bhp/160-168 lb/ft, just under the 250NM limit on the DSG.

However there are lots of Jetta guys that are doing way more than and seems to hold up fine, these DSG loves to be driven hard and hates creeping on traffic. Do it on your own risk tho hahaha

It's a very driver oriented car unlike the Polo TSI, might be too hardcore for him considering the short gearing and raw feeling aka substandard NVH on highway ahahahah.
I see I see so what would be the rough budget of doing so? I’m guessing since it’s a remap then my friend wouldn’t be worried bout the budget?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Straight road,and like I said the myvi had an ecu remap with a turbo
Don’t bother lah. Round a corner, it’s still a boat.

pride bro. u bought a car that cost more than a myvi, but the myvi can still smoke u at highway of coz u feel threaten. LOL
I always like other people tapao. So they deliver to me and I makan at home.

Have it ever occurred to you guys when you kena tapao, actually the driver just in a hurry to go back and poop?

I was cruising back one night, some slow poke on the fast lane, so I just overtake on the left since road clear. Then I notice the fella started chasing me. Caught up with me cause traffic, then of course I smoke him 9 9. Actually all I did was squeeze the throttle and byeeee. I think it was a Passat.

Truth is. I wanted to go back home and poop.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Dude... I've sat in the god-car Myvi 1.5 manual up Ulu Yam roads and I've personally experienced how fast a "slow car" can be under the management of a fast driver. It's not the car - it's the driver. Then there was the time a certain Pikachu out paced a Lambo up the same roads.

I've given up on ego/pride. As long as the car in front of me isn't being a dumbass I don't care what's in front of me or what overtakes me. I only take offense to those driving slower than me hogging roads.

@Ranjanmax if I'm not mistaken the re-map done by a shop will cost about 2800 give or take. Freelancers can do it cheaper maybe 2k and below.

On a separate note I know a guy who has the VW ECU software and he enabled a lot of switched-off features on his Jetta using the software as he bought the lowest spec model. All they do is disable the features on the lower end model most of the time which is cool since he upgraded to the top spec free.