Polo 1.2 TSI worth modding?

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
Is the small 1.2l engine capable of churning out a few extra ponies? My buddy just kena tapao with myvi, now he asking if anything can be done? Plus im guessing the myvi has aftermarket ecu

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Twincharge? Piston Damage. DSG gearbox dead.

Don’t bother? The NVH and chassis of the Polo is way better than Myvi. Put on some good tires like PS3/4 and enjoy the ride.

I just drove the latest Polo 1.0L with 5 speed manual. On the autostrada it’s a complete joke. NVH is really good, car is stable.

Reactions: Ranjanmax

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Sell it and buy a manual Suzuki Swift Sport ZC31S or ZC32S, guaranteed will not get tapao by any Myvi on the straight except Ixeo's turbo boat! (And those will tapao back in the corners!)

Reactions: Ranjanmax and Izso

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Sell it and buy a manual Suzuki Swift Sport ZC31S or ZC32S, guaranteed will not get tapao by any Myvi on the straight except Ixeo's turbo boat! (And those will tapao back in the corners!)
Selling it gonna be hard lol. Wonder if second hand dealers will want it or not.

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
I see,could you explain more about lighter parts?
Usually lighter exhausts & wheels. As MKMD428 mentioned, the TSI engine can be remapped but the limiting factor would be the DSG since it is only limited to 250NM (CMIIW).

A stage 1 APR remap will bring it to bout 125-135 bhp/160-168 lb/ft, just under the 250NM limit on the DSG.

However there are lots of Jetta guys that are doing way more than and seems to hold up fine, these DSG loves to be driven hard and hates creeping on traffic. Do it on your own risk tho hahaha

It's a very driver oriented car unlike the Polo TSI, might be too hardcore for him considering the short gearing and raw feeling aka substandard NVH on highway ahahahah.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Selling it gonna be hard lol. Wonder if second hand dealers will want it or not.
Yeah, might need to sell at pretty low price.

It's a very driver oriented car unlike the Polo TSI, might be too hardcore for him considering the short gearing and raw feeling aka substandard NVH on highway ahahahah.
Yeah but its a bundle of fun! :biggrin: And again will never get tapao by ordinary Myvi.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Is the small 1.2l engine capable of churning out a few extra ponies? My buddy just kena tapao with myvi, now he asking if anything can be done? Plus im guessing the myvi has aftermarket ecu
Was actually curious how a Myvi can tapau this twincharged Polo. Outright straight road tapau or at corners?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
i dunno why people care about getting tapao by a myvi or anything else. I get tapau by Sagas, Alzas, Myvis, Kancils, Motorbikes, Wish, etc all the time and I'm just happy my car runs... sort of.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
i dunno why people care about getting tapao by a myvi or anything else. I get tapau by Sagas, Alzas, Myvis, Kancils, Motorbikes, Wish, etc all the time and I'm just happy my car runs... sort of.
pride bro. u bought a car that cost more than a myvi, but the myvi can still smoke u at highway of coz u feel threaten. LOL

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Dont bother lah, my 1.8 waja frequently got tapau by Myvi esp by the 1.5 model. Plenty of car can tapau my Waja. Just now even a dump truck tapau my Waja after i manage to pull away at the traffic light....seriously, the truck manage to overtake me after 500m.
I had to stop at the roadside to recover.

Just chill out....dont get caught in typical Malaysian perception such as European car must be better on all aspect compared to other make, KIA and Hyundai is junk, Toyota is god car, Izso BMW is problematic and he should have bought the Evo.....lots of things.

Lets say your friend do a remap and manage to tapau Myvis but out of nowhere a Kenari or Kelisa with YRV under the hood smoke him, what will happen then?

I got a friend whom owns a golf GTI which to some is the orgasm car. Thanks to him i had a short exp driving the orgasm car. What happen was he got tapau by an Audi at Lekas and the next day he went to Audi showroom to verify which model tapau him and it was the A6. There is always someone faster than us.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Man and His Machines

Enzo Ferrari worked for Alfa Romeo from 1920 to 1929 (he wanted to get a job at Fiat after WWI, but restrictions on civilian auto traffic in Italy meant the company wasn't hiring), and that he raced Alfas for another 10...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience