how to improve the performance of 4G13 stock engine

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
Sorry alcyon, i wouldn't even bother to reply to you.

u fellas from JB? R tune Mt Austin.

ok when I got time will pop up and see wat they got.

thanks.
i think i know of which uncle in N9 you're talking about, some uncle goes by the name Abdul Latib kan?

you can search for RTG JB 240Z, if you've been to any of the recent years retro havoc/art of speed, you might remember that 240Z.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Its very nice of you guys to join this forum today and immediately set the record straight. How nice and thoughtful.
I am truly delighted and grateful for their help in guiding me back into the correct path. I finally saw the past errors of my ways with the sins and lies that I have spread in this public forum. May I repent all my misguided actions in this forum. Thank you LimauKanker, littlewhitewagon, turnturtle and all the efforts from the rest to purify me from my unrighteousness.

firezy

Aug 28, 2004
ok ok...

thanks for all the leads/contacts/tips/lights...

scroll back 22 years, this islala... wow, I got so many wishlist... now I slowly making it back... if my old man still alive, would have kick my ass for spending such moola...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Carb still around, and as bro gunnerzz mentioned adapter can be made, just like wheel PCD adapter.....lol
The improvement was more to low end as the Accord was heavy. We did to the 3rd Gen Civic and the power was much more felt....

accord with stock carb?

is already fuel guzzler....

adding weber... literally pouring petrol like ppl drinking water in the desert... :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
accord with stock carb?

is already fuel guzzler....

adding weber... literally pouring petrol like ppl drinking water in the desert... :biggrin:
Original one warp and leaking. Buy another might as well mod to weber. Actually not too bad as mine was a down draft not side draft. Side draft one really pour fuel.....lol

Reactions: ^pomen_GTR^

firezy

Aug 28, 2004
the dcnf + platform to mount on 2nd manifold in progress. anyway no rush on that. ordered a k&n filter for it, dem expensive.

now suspension. any recommendation? saw online so many, until I also kelapa pusing. my monster using Tein street advanced + edfc.

not sure want I wanted on this islala? saw apm, kyb, etc... asked kyb pro but not for islala. asked gab ss, quoted rm2+k, dunno worth the money for it...

maybe look at some more reasonable setup... hnr spring + koni or Monroe?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
the dcnf + platform to mount on 2nd manifold in progress. anyway no rush on that. ordered a k&n filter for it, dem expensive.

now suspension. any recommendation? saw online so many, until I also kelapa pusing. my monster using Tein street advanced + edfc.

not sure want I wanted on this islala? saw apm, kyb, etc... asked kyb pro but not for islala. asked gab ss, quoted rm2+k, dunno worth the money for it...

maybe look at some more reasonable setup... hnr spring + koni or Monroe?
Myself, i will install some chassis bar first. Just 2-3 of the necessary one.This way i can can still keep the stock suspension hence daily comfort is still there. Furthermore bars have no expiry date,service interval and proves to be good investment in term of value and gain. Ori UR bar price is increasing by years.

My own experience, last time i always plan to get aftermarket suspension for my Waja but after installing the front tower bar and lower 4 point bar i wont install aftermarket or adjustable suspension even if i can get them for free. The ride is already firmer than stock.

Then again, its your car, your dream, your target, your taste, and above all...your pocket...heheheh

firezy

Aug 28, 2004
hi gunnerz,

I'm looking at those as well. HNR just emailed n said no ARB avail for my poor islala... hahahaha...

UR racing ARB thicker than oem by 2mm only. thinking to put front and back. strut bar, put on hold as i'm afraid it will hinder the weber carb + k&n filter.

the oem spring + kyb abs... ermm... cannot tahan... like braving thru Mangkhut storm... asked KYB Pro but do not have any for islala.

saw other brands, Proride + 4flex spring, dunno how reliable are those...

firezy

Aug 28, 2004
few emails and many WhatsApp messages to those selling suspension be it reputable/branded or chapalang.

only the chapalang show a bit of interest in giving quotation upon hearing my poor islala model and year.

1996 iswara really that bad? or the value of the product itself has surpass the value of the 22 years old car that don't bother to quote?

OUCH... hahahahaha...

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
hi gunnerz,

I'm looking at those as well. HNR just emailed n said no ARB avail for my poor islala... hahahaha...

UR racing ARB thicker than oem by 2mm only. thinking to put front and back. strut bar, put on hold as i'm afraid it will hinder the weber carb + k&n filter.

the oem spring + kyb abs... ermm... cannot tahan... like braving thru Mangkhut storm... asked KYB Pro but do not have any for islala.

saw other brands, Proride + 4flex spring, dunno how reliable are those...
I will keep the front ARB and add the rear ARB. Last time on my BLM i got 3 bars...front upper & lower, rear ARB. This setup is coupled with Proride sport spring on stock absorber. I got better steering response,high speed stability, and for sure better cornering. Now i'm back on stock suspension and minus the front lower bar.Reduced steering response but acceptable as daily drive.
Reminder : sport spring must go with sport absorber.

The front bar might not fit if your k&n is godzilla size in thickness.The webber itself is kinda tall right..

Proride....I was on Proride std type absorber for my waja all 4 corners. It was firmer than oe Kayaba or APM which i like. Now only the rear is Proride, front pair gave way after 2 years.mind u mine is the Waja 1.8 so its handling more weight at the front and i'm sure they (proride) design the absorber with only the 1.6 model in mind despite what the sticker said. What was the ride like...its slightly firmer if not the same with a BMW 320d.

4flex, i think they are famous for their flashy colour and free shirt only.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
few emails and many WhatsApp messages to those selling suspension be it reputable/branded or chapalang.

only the chapalang show a bit of interest in giving quotation upon hearing my poor islala model and year.

1996 iswara really that bad? or the value of the product itself has surpass the value of the 22 years old car that don't bother to quote?

OUCH... hahahahaha...
No commercial value to manufacture aftermarket product for that model anymore.

What u should do is drive your other monster to any performance shop, parked where the shop people can see and then only asked them what u want.

Reactions: vr2turbo

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
My own experience, last time i always plan to get aftermarket suspension for my Waja but after installing the front tower bar and lower 4 point bar i wont install aftermarket or adjustable suspension even if i can get them for free. The ride is already firmer than stock.
Sounds like a good idea. I'll give that a thought for my car. Adjustable seems a bit too stiff.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No commercial value to manufacture aftermarket product for that model anymore.

What u should do is drive your other monster to any performance shop, parked where the shop people can see and then only asked them what u want.
But then probably higher price quoted.......hhahahhaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

halo, all sifu here, i wanna know wat 4G93p flywheel wat weight in stock? and wat weight lighten is suitable? or max weight lighten?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience