Rpf1 ori 15inch offset 35 cannot fit in vios xp150,anyone can help?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
+35 offset is already plenty out....

u sure the wheel is ori rpf1?

i suspect it was some shit replica copy fake imitation
Yeah, I also suspect it's a bad replica of RPF1. RPF1 is a very popular wheel for JDM performance cars which almost by default use big multipot calipers, so hearing RPF1 cannot clear stock and small Vios calipersis very surprising. Here as proof, the Toyota Gazoo Vios racing cars are using RPF1 too!

http://www.zerotohundred.com/2017/r...car-first-drive-toyota-gazoo-racing-malaysia/

Reactions: vr2turbo

jeffryfei

Dec 3, 2005
vios has tiny calipers, rfp1's also have very flat spokes that dont curve in and the original rim offset is 45 kan?
dont see why it should hit the caliper....
The offset of ori rim i dont know

jeffryfei

Dec 3, 2005
Hmm rather strange, that means the caliper also barely clears the stock 15' rims, is it? If the touching is just very slightly grazing the wheel barrel then you can consider just grinding/sanding just some small section of the caliper surface where it touches. If it touches too much until the wheel really got blocked by the caliper then no choice but to use other rims.
No block ,just touch amd abit friction when rotate the wheel,my foreman friend also suggest to grind the caliber,will it affect anything?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
if its a tiny bit, well u can do that OR you know... just get a very thin spacer

jeffryfei

Dec 3, 2005
If u don mind, how much u bought rpf1 ?
Rm2800 for the rim,mine is 15inch.
The gazoo racing vios who know what offset is it for the rpf1?for 15inch rpf1 got 3 different offset.28,35,41

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
No block ,just touch amd abit friction when rotate the wheel,my foreman friend also suggest to grind the caliber,will it affect anything?
I think sanding it a bit should be ok then.

The gazoo racing vios who know what offset is it for the rpf1?for 15inch rpf1 got 3 different offset.28,35,41
So you bought them new then, damn expensive! :biggrin:
Don't know, Tom should know better coz he had raced in them.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

so u got the 7jj +35 offset right? thats the max u can go...
another is 7jj +41 will make the caliper stuck more than the wheel u got now....

if 8jj +28 also most likely u will face similar scrubbing with 7jj +35

i would say instead of grinding the caliper... just add 1 think spacer like 5-7mm spacer...enough already to clear the caliper

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
why laaaa u guys keep talking about offset... he already said its not touching the spoke... its touching the barrel. changing the offset wont help.

imagine taking a 15" wheel.... and trying to fit it to a ferrari brake disc and caliper...no matter what the offset is it wont fit in the wheel coz of the barrel size right? abit extreme example... but same thing lor.

TS either has to change wheels... or if the mechanic can do it safely, grind down the caliper abit for clearance. or installing a slightly smaller brake system. id recommend changing wheel.

Reactions: jeffryfei

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I need help here on throttle body conversion, which i dont know if theres any existed post. so, if theres any post related to this please send me the link.

so, heres my case,

I'm using a 2000 proton satria 1.3 manual
-stock throttle body(reconditioned), unserviceable ISC(idle step controller)
-3rd throttle body in 2 years, and i'm sick of it.

i was thinking of looking for a bigger size throttle body, from the halfcut available.

question:
-does any of these throttle body fits...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience