RON95 & RON97 Myths and Facts

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Never tried before, just too expensive and I doubt its worth it, probably more marketing snake oil than making real power and the RON is still only 97 anyway, probably just wiht more cleaning additives or whatever. I'd rather use Petron RON 100 if I want to make more power.
Yup, even their website states,
  • Designed to help to remove up to 80% of performance robbing deposits.
  • With boosted DYNAFLEX technology for improved engine performance.
So basically is more additives?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Not more additives.

More FERRARI approved addictives. V12 yo.

Their additives is different from other additives because FERRARI.

Don’t drive Ferrari don’t bother. Pump other cheap fuel, save the money to buy a Ferrari first.

Reactions: 6UE5t

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
This sounds similar to the Myvi at my house. FC is very bad when it is only driven to nearby places on low revs. Recently my brother has been driving it a lot on longer distances. He said the FC seems better. Previously, on full tank, it couldn't even reach 300km when the fuel light blinks. Now it only blinks way pass 300km.

I wasn't actually thinking about buying that Techron thing. I know about the advertised Techron being mixed inside Caltex fuel, that is why I thought of trying it.
Usually for long distance highway drives the fc is better because distance traveled per engine rpm is a lot more. Also the engine does not have to move the car from a standing start. Keeping a car going is much more efficient than stop and go repeatedly.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
If thats the case, BHP is giving 2x more additive at no additional cost.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Usually for long distance highway drives the fc is better because distance traveled per engine rpm is a lot more. Also the engine does not have to move the car from a standing start. Keeping a car going is much more efficient than stop and go repeatedly.
Yup, correct. In town too much stop/start traffic, especially speed bumps in my taman. Outstation highway my SUV CVT gear doing 1.8k rpm at 110kph

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
True. Is like for example at 80kmh@2000rpm, very quickly you can cover 1km perhaps in less than a minute. But in shorter distances with a lot of start stop, RPM fluctuates up and down and sometimes even in more than a minute, 1km is not even covered yet.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Wah! sell so well?
The caltex i used to go before i move does not have it anymore. Its either sold out or they dont have it as previously the petro shop is handled by them but now its taken over by 7e, they just have seperate counter for fuel payment.

Doubt that its selling well, doubt any of us here has tried it. Most of us just fill up and go.
However i can confirmed using Caltex on the long run will result in cleaner engine. I did share in one forum before when i gatal buy an endoscope to see the combustion chamber of the cars in my family stable. That time the Wira which is on Shell most of the time until 120k km is having more carbon than my BLM and Waja at above 150k km. Same goes for the Pajero and my bro W124. I dunno where is the pic as i forgot which laptop i stored it in. Even lost the endoscope when moving my stuff to my home.

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
not many Caltex station are having it. also best use for cars with high mileage eg 40K above. does not need to use on newer cars

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Goodyear Malaysia has their eye set on this year’s Formula Drift 2012, which will be taking place from 19th till 20th May 2012 at Kuala Lumpur’s Speed City.

<!--more-->Drift veterans Tan Tat Wei (TTW) and Hinizam “Loyai” Hamzah will be spearheading Goodyear Malaysia’s drift in both Malaysia and Singapore; bringing the heat to the competition and looking to do battle against...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience