ICE Upgrade.

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
Dear All

Anyone done ICE upgrading already? Am want to install amplifier in my trunk. The problem am been searching for the best route to place my power cable. It look like there is not access via firewall. I been googling around and some of lancer user pull the power cable thru the fender which is for me nit really a good way to do so. Any advise?

Thank You in advance.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Firewall no access? That's new. The wiring and all - how does it take power then? I suspect there could be a grommet you could modify ?

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
There is one big grommet goes to the center of dash. as usual i will try to kept the original wiring harness alone. what i mean it there is not spare grommet. maybe my search no thorough and yet found the way.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
There is one big grommet goes to the center of dash. as usual i will try to kept the original wiring harness alone. what i mean it there is not spare grommet. maybe my search no thorough and yet found the way.
Well, if you're willing to go to the extreme, add a spare battery at the back to power your sound system. :biggrin:

Anyway, the other alternative would be to drill a hole in the firewall and seal it with the necessary power wire and a rubber grommet. Not too difficult to do

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well, if you're willing to go to the extreme, add a spare battery at the back to power your sound system. :biggrin:

Anyway, the other alternative would be to drill a hole in the firewall and seal it with the necessary power wire and a rubber grommet. Not too difficult to do
Wah! another battery will be much more work woh! Alternator can charge 2 batteries?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
drill a hole at firewall is easier but there must be existing gromnet u can used.some make will have grommet behind fender nearest to the driver so its closer to the fusebox.

2 battery can be done but better upgrade the altenator too.just like 4x4 with winch,some go for 2 battery setup but their under hood space is big so most of the time no need to pull cable until the rear

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ok here i go.. as u guys noe dat the CAt is located at the extractor in de kelisa..so after i removed the CAT.. my airfuel reading bcum crazy... so wut is in my mind is.. whether de air flows freely now den last time being block by dat CAT n de O2 sensor get to read those block air n now de air flows freely n de O2 sensor is not dat sensetive.. slow respond..?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience